Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Scandium
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Orange County, CA, USA, Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Cluster

12 Aug 2011, 6:21 pm

nick007 wrote:
You guys need to try...

LOL! Read through the entire thing.

Ilka wrote:
What you need is rules and routines.

But then you get problems if the rules and routines ever get broken.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Aug 2011, 6:23 pm

Scandium wrote:
nick007 wrote:
You guys need to try...

LOL! Read through the entire thing.

You can listen if you click on the link

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 6:33 pm

I will gather things for when I get ready to leave then end up walking out the door without them.

I have gotten better at not losing things by having a place for everything. Place your keys, phone, and walle/purse on a table. That is where they belong, no matter what, and you don't allow yourself to just lay them down somewhere-- even for a couple of seconds. Also, I keep copies of things like keys, email myself copies of papers, etc to avoid getting too stressed out about losing something, besides my mind of course.

Scandium
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Orange County, CA, USA, Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Cluster

12 Aug 2011, 6:36 pm

I keep things like my cellphone, wallet, and student ID in certain places. I also subconsciously make them face a certain direction and have certain rules to their position (upward and to the right, not hanging over an edge, etc.), and that lets me tell if something's been moved.

Scandium
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 6:36 pm

Edit: Double post
D:

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 6:56 pm

Name something I own, and I've lost it at least 3 times.

sagan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 7:51 pm

At this bar I used to go to way too much, the bartenders / busboys would always find my stuff.

Every night they would find my cellphone, wallet, keys, purse, etc. So I would always get chocolates for them as a thank-you, it came to a point that I always had chocolates in my bag to give them. If something is in my hands, it is lost. Honestly I have no idea where my head is 99% of the time.

cozysweater
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 7:54 pm

I follow a pretty rigid routine most of the time so I hardly ever lose anything and if I do there are a limited number of places it could be. I'm also neat.
This has been more of a problem for my roommates or boyfriends but I kind of like helping them look for their lost things. It feels weirdly good to mentally leaf through all my visual memories for the last time I saw the item and then kind of logically track it down from there. And obviously it's really satisfying to find the thing. I just have to be careful not to get too invested or I'll get obsessive and tear the house apart.

Rich-Z
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 7:59 pm

I am quite good at losing things and in the past lost things a bit to often, however I have grown quite aware of it and take it into account, thus it now happens a lot less that I lose things.

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2011, 12:24 am

sluice wrote:
I will gather things for when I get ready to leave then end up walking out the door without them.

:lol: You too.

If I don't write down or do not do this^, I'll forget at least one thing. If I didnt it would be a somewhat rare exception.

Last edited by Mdyar on 18 Aug 2011, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blasty
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2011, 3:56 am

I have a pair of Oakley sunglasses that have been left all over the place for 3 years. They've been left in various places on campus, at businesses and restaurants, and I've always been fortunate enough to get them back.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Aug 2011, 11:48 am

Radiofixr wrote:
I lose things right in front of my face all the time-its very weird.

Me too... I don't lose my wallet or keys (knock on wood), but I do fail to be able to see things like maybe the pepper shaker on a table, and it's right there... I just can't see it until someone points it out. I don't know what that is, and I hate it. Embarrassing!

Charles

MudandStars
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2011, 8:29 pm

I always have to try and put my phone/keys/wallet in the same places both at home and on my person/in my bag when im out and do double checks of my pockets through the day ... not so much as an OCD thing but because if I dont I lose em easily.

I also have to be extra vigilant when I;m wearing certain pairs of pants as things fall more easily out of some pockets than others... lost my phone the other week this way. Called the bus company and the shop I went to but never heard back.

?Two men looked through prison bars; one saw mud and the other stars.? Frederick Langbridge