Do people see you as a complete idiot or a complete genius?

Page 7 of 9 [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

eeVenye
Raven
Raven

16 Dec 2017, 9:43 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
one or the other, never something in between.

Ditto.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 9:45 am

Mostly, people see me as a Wolfman....

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 10:11 am

The people in my life that this would apply to? They've tended to see me as incomplete, actually, and whether they see me as fool or wisewoman depends on their inclination, going in. (Medievalists, enjoy the irony: I certainly do.)

I'm not incomplete, of course; and thankfully, I don't need these people to change their viewpoints in order for me to feel complete. But getting to that point took a long, long time, some good people at close range, and a clear diagnosis that I could then research for myself.

Hugs all around to anyone comfortable with them, who's frustrated by this false binary thing, because it sure exists.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 11:19 am

"flat affect" and eyeglasses .... makes people think I'm smart

Last edited by LoveNotHate on 16 Dec 2017, 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 11:19 am

Half genius, half idiot, all Esmeralda :wink:

The answer depends on how much Weatherwax she has on any given day.

MusicForTheMind
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Dec 2017, 11:31 am

I bet we all get taken for both. If we are called on to comment on anything related to our special interest it'll be "Wow....How come you know all that?" or that look people give you when you pay for something in a shop, then leave whilst forgetting to take it with you... :)

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 11:40 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Half genius, half idiot, all Esmeralda :wink:

The answer depends on how much Weatherwax she has on any given day.

Bless you Kraftie, that made me laugh heartily :-).

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 11:45 am

MusicForTheMind wrote:
I bet we all get taken for both. If we are called on to comment on anything related to our special interest it'll be "Wow....How come you know all that?" or that look people give you when you pay for something in a shop, then leave whilst forgetting to take it with you... :)

Oh Lord, the time I walked away from an entire sack of *perishable* groceries. I'd been to the store often enough, thank God, the cashier knew me and was sure I'd be back. They just set the groceries in a safe spot in one of their walk-in fridges, ASAP. (Quick thinking!). We all laughed when I came back for them. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Never done that again (yet).

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 12:29 pm

It depends on the day. :D

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Dec 2017, 12:48 pm

Well, it usually depends. If I was judged by the way I talk, or the fact that I often don’t get things that are viewed as simple, then I would be considered ‘not too bright’. I talk somewhat spastically and slowly with pauses in my sentences, sometimes not finishing them. I also take a very long time to answer or respond to someone. I have a very slow processer which accounts for the previous things mentioned, and also that I test less adequately than my peers. However, when people look past my outward shortcomings, they often say I am very, very smart. It all depends on who you ask when you want either one of those answers in the title.

Feel free to message me if you want

Please understand that everything I write should be read with a grain of salt because I frequently adjust my views based on new information (just read a description of INTP that should explain better than I)

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 1:59 pm

If I'm out in public, strangers often think I'm intellectually disabled (I've been told I have a 'lost' expression).

When I was in school, teachers seemed to think I was a genius, and destined for greatness.

Joke's on everyone - neither one is true :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 2:05 pm

I think if they notice me at all they think i'm a geniot.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 2:08 pm

I'm certainly not regarded as a genius.

Not sure if I'm seen as a complete idiot but I do believe that some people regard me as being deaf and blind.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 2:10 pm

babybird wrote:

Not sure if I'm seen as a complete idiot but I do believe that some people regard me as being deaf and blind.

do you think people might think you're a geniot also? I hope i'm not the only geniot around here. :alien:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 2:13 pm

auntblabby wrote:
babybird wrote:

do you think people might think you're a geniot also? I hope i'm not the only geniot around here. :alien:

I don't know, it's never really occurred to me before.

I shall have to watch out for it the next time I venture out.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 2:16 pm

Traditionally, people have thought I was very intelligent. But I'm sure there have been times when people thought I was an idiot too.