Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 4:14 am

... what would you like to have achieved?

What goals do you have for the next few years? In your social life, relationships, interests, education, career, personal development and so on?

Over the next few years, I'd like to carry on working to reduce my overall anxiety levels, increase my interaction with other humans and with the world generally, and find a way of earning enough money to survive without being in a constantly stressed or bored state.

I'd like to live in the countryside. Have animals in my life. Be more self-sufficient. And be of service to others. To be a good friend.

There are other goals too, but those are some of the main ones.

How about you?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8YCSJpF4g4[/youtube]

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 4:45 am

I'd like to be a completely different person to the one I am now and to have not died, that's all :)

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 5:02 am

I want to have a special someone in my life long term that helps me be happy. I would like to have finished my degree and either working or doing postgraduate studies. I would like to have gone overseas again without my kids. I would love to have started a house deposit. I would like to have gotten my license to drive and have a car.

So I'm never in a rush

Noop
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Aug 2011, 5:22 am

In five years time, I'd be working at my degree, hopefully. I'd also hope that I could be more like a better version of myself, if that makes sense.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 9:26 am

This reminds me of those horrible interview questions. 8O

I just want to be comfortable and not have to worry about how to pay my bills or how far I am able to push myself until I fall apart and imagine I'm being pursued by mujahideen.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 9:40 am

i dont know. im more worried about the next 5 months than 5 years.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 9:55 am

In five years time I will have made a small dent in my home loan and not affording a holiday. Providing I don't find a nice career oriented gentleman to help me make the repayments *bats eyelashes*

Also maybe I'll have a new cat.

Hopefully my car will be still be in one piece.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 10:23 am

I hope to make enough peace with my real gender enough so that I can find myself a cute man who looks like Mick Avory - I know they're out there and maybe make a little Mick or two. Somehow I have doubts about this. I've felt very male my entire life. I can dream. :)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 11:11 am

... to have won the lottery, to have outlived my enemies, and to have enjoyed the lamentations of their women.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 11:12 am

i always found it tough to think about the future as i have found that absolutely nothing works out the way i expect and all my plans generally come to naught. when i imagine the future, it's like looking down at a complicated roadmap. i can see the spot where i am located, but i have no idea how future events are going to push me willy-nilly in different directions, so i haven't a clue which road to take.

over time i have become virtually paralysed by the knowledge that i can embark on any path... but it won't matter. eventually, no matter how much work went into reaching a goal, i find that the road ahead of me has completely washed away. when that happens i do recover and blaze a new trail, but the direction is completely new and i am set back to the start (or at least no further ahead).

oops, that was depressing. uhhhh lemme try again. in 5 years i want to be living in a big city with a special someone, working full-time at a good job and making music part-time.

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 11:49 am

hyperlexian wrote:
i always found it tough to think about the future as i have found that absolutely nothing works out the way i expect and all my plans generally come to naught. when i imagine the future, it's like looking down at a complicated roadmap. i can see the spot where i am located, but i have no idea how future events are going to push me willy-nilly in different directions, so i haven't a clue which road to take.

Yes, I can relate to this totally. I tend now to make vague goals, because most of my specific goals haven't come to fruition. Life often seems fundamentally unplannable to me. Plus I tend to live in the past more than anything, so the future is not something I think about that often. But there are things I would like to improve in my life, and I suppose that's where my goals come in, fuzzy as they are.

Although some people manage to do it don't they, make plans, follow through, achieve things. I'm not sure how that works exactly.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Aug 2011, 12:13 pm

Henbane wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

Yes, I can relate to this totally. I tend now to make vague goals, because most of my specific goals haven't come to fruition. Life often seems fundamentally unplannable to me. Plus I tend to live in the past more than anything, so the future is not something I think about that often. But there are things I would like to improve in my life, and I suppose that's where my goals come in, fuzzy as they are.

Although some people manage to do it don't they, make plans, follow through, achieve things. I'm not sure how that works exactly.

It's been like that with me all my life so I never made long term plans. It was all I could do to get through the day as a kid so I've always focused on the immediate stuff & planned that out instead of thinking ahead. All I really know I'd want in 5 years is to be married to Megaz & helping to support her with her plans, goals & dreams. She likes planning long term & is pretty good at it so it's best to let her take charge of the long term plans & I'll focus on the more immediate stuff

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 12:25 pm

nick007 wrote:
Henbane wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

It's been like that with me all my life so I never made long term plans. It was all I could do to get through the day as a kid so I've always focused on the immediate stuff & planned that out instead of thinking ahead. All I really know I'd want in 5 years is to be married to Megaz & helping to support her with her plans, goals & dreams. She likes planning long term & is pretty good at it so it's best to let her take charge of the long term plans & I'll focus on the more immediate stuff

you make a very good point... i think i am actually not GOOD at making plans. i don't make decisions easily (my therapist taught me how to do it better, but it does not come naturally and i am still not skilled). i have difficulty figuring out which factors are important, which factors could derail everything, etc.

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 12:58 pm

Go to my first anime/sci fi con
DJ at various festivals
Make more friends
Attain more independence
Hopefully be in a relationship that lasts more than 4 days
Finish college
Become a sound engineer.
That is all.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 1:00 pm

No idea, I work on a year or two in advance. I can't do 5 year plans Joesph Stalin styleee

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 1:01 pm

-Gotten a job.
-Gotten a basic DAW built.
-Recorded at least a single album (Regardless if I'm famous or not (Which I very likely will not be)).
-Regularly preforming with or without a band.