Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 6:33 am

I'm stopping in Derby next weekend for a few days. I'm stopping on an industrial estate about ten minutes walk from the city centre. There is no supermarket or anything nearby and nowhere to eat I don't think in a morning. Normally one would eat at the hotel breakfast buffet in the morning but at £9.95 per person it is a bit expensive, especially for such a short stay.

Anyway, the point is that I found an ideal Cajun chain restaurant just across the way from my hotel. Looked at the website, and all sounded good. All the information was there.

Today, when I go on the website that local branch is no longer listed. I look at Google News and find...

This Is Derbyshire wrote:
Restaurant closing after 12 years in city

A DERBY restaurant is serving up its last supper this week after it was sold.

Old Orleans, at Pride Park, will close and some of the 20 staff will be made redundant, after struggling owner Intertain Ltd decided to sell up.

Bleedin' typical, isn't it? Still, it's not good for the staff that have lost their jobs.

So it looks like all ways point to the city centre a mile away for us when we stay there.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 8:13 am

Tequila wrote:
I'm stopping in Derby next weekend for a few days. I'm stopping on an industrial estate about ten minutes walk from the city centre. There is no supermarket or anything nearby and nowhere to eat I don't think in a morning. Normally one would eat at the hotel breakfast buffet in the morning but at £9.95 per person it is a bit expensive, especially for such a short stay.

Anyway, the point is that I found an ideal Cajun chain restaurant just across the way from my hotel. Looked at the website, and all sounded good. All the information was there.

Today, when I go on the website that local branch is no longer listed. I look at Google News and find...

This Is Derbyshire wrote:
Restaurant closing after 12 years in city

A DERBY restaurant is serving up its last supper this week after it was sold.

Old Orleans, at Pride Park, will close and some of the 20 staff will be made redundant, after struggling owner Intertain Ltd decided to sell up.

Bleedin' typical, isn't it? Still, it's not good for the staff that have lost their jobs.

So it looks like all ways point to the city centre a mile away for us when we stay there.

Is that where they invented the famous hat and the Kentucky horse race?

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 10:20 am

In derby aye, theres a metal music festival called Bloodstock on you should go. Theres a dodgy black metal band headlining called Immortal who look like they should be a wrestling tag team or something

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 10:55 am

It also bothers me when a good restaurant like that closes down. Think of the employees and their customers.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 11:37 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Think of the employees and their customers.

There must have been a dearth of them, which is why they've just closed!