Page 1 of 29 [ 458 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next

Andoryuu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Aug 2011, 9:13 pm

Seriously. I have trouble just thinking about why anyone would want to be a conservative, but AS people should know what it's like to not be part of the majority and to need healthcare, etc. Why would they belong to a group that is so focused on building a world of just rich, white, heterosexual men with nothing different about them and no illnesses?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 9:15 pm

Andoryuu wrote:
Seriously. I have trouble just thinking about why anyone would want to be a conservative, but AS people should know what it's like to not be part of the majority and to need healthcare, etc. Why would they belong to a group that is so focused on building a world of just rich, white, heterosexual men with nothing different about them and no illnesses?

I know several people with AS beside myself who are not pinko stinko commie loving liberal collectivists.

ruveyn

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 9:17 pm

Andoryuu wrote:

Wow, obvious flame baiting is obvious.

Equivocating all conservatives as Nazis and playing upon the shared disabilities members of this website, of which you are a new member not so surprisingly enough, is just plain wrong.

Last edited by iamnotaparakeet on 12 Aug 2011, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cozysweater
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 9:18 pm

Why are there gay Republicans? If we're really motivated by self-interest how can that one fly?

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 9:19 pm

I don't understand how your objection is meaningful. Even if conservative ideas/ideals do not help aspies out very much, people often do vote and hold ideologies on the basis of what they think is best for society. Often what they think is best will either be the result of some form of research/intuitions, or culturalization. Aspies can be brought into a culture. Aspies can do research that leads them to conclusions, even to wrong conclusions. Aspies can have intuitions about reality that may be repugnant according to others.

Aspies are people first, and the fact that people can have any form of ideology is well-noted.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 9:20 pm

cozysweater wrote:
Why are there gay Republicans? If we're really motivated by self-interest how can that one fly?

Oh, yet another new wrong planet member, surprises abound. Not.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 9:22 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
I don't understand how your objection is meaningful.

Do you think the OP and their soon to be cropping up new member allies actually intended to ask a serious question? Remember what happened back in February this year? I think it's more of the same blasted thing attempting to start up yet again. Perhaps not by the same people, but the method seems to be cloned.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 9:28 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Andoryuu wrote:

I know several people with AS beside myself who are not pinko stinko commie loving liberal collectivists.

ruveyn

Hey Dox47? Where are you? Please come here and make a lecture on how juvenile ruveyn is behaving in this post.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 9:31 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Awesomelyglorious wrote:

Do you think the OP and their soon to be cropping up new member allies actually intended to ask a serious question? Remember what happened back in February this year? I think it's more of the same blasted thing attempting to start up yet again. Perhaps not by the same people, but the method seems to be cloned.

There' have been so many stupid poles, stupid questions, and flame bating decrees on this forum that one more will only be something else to laugh at and ridicule.
:roll:

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 9:40 pm

Raptor wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Awesomelyglorious wrote:

There' have been so many stupid poles, stupid questions, and flame bating decrees on this forum that one more will only be something else to laugh at and ridicule.
:roll:

Consider this exact situation in comparison to the February through March trollfest. Although for right now it's only two newbies asking absurd questions, it would not be surprising to see the rest pop up, although hopefully not in exactly the same manner. There may indeed be a multitude of this or that, but I think the quality of these newbies' posts here brings it close to the actual category of flame baiting if not within it.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 9:41 pm

marshall wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Andoryuu wrote:

ruveyn

Hey Dox47? Where are you? Please come here and make a lecture on how juvenile ruveyn is behaving in this post.
He's called people out on both sides, what's your point?

Anyways, how can anyone with AS be conservative? Because you have a rigid and simple minded view of AS. I've even heard that we are too rational to smoke or drink :roll:. Fact is, we are all individuals and the criteria is a rule of thumb more than anything else. It's not only a matter of whether or not we have these traits, but how these traits manifest. They manifest differently for each individual.

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 9:44 pm

Your characterization of conservatives is not even close to being accurate.

@marshall: ruveyn's characterization of liberals is less over-the-top than the OP's.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 9:45 pm

Ancalagon wrote:
Your characterization of conservatives is not even close to being accurate.

@marshall: ruveyn's characterization of liberals is less over-the-top than the OP's.
Yeah it's nothing more than a caricature.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 9:47 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
I've even heard that we are too rational to smoke or drink :roll:. Fact is, we are all individuals and the criteria is a rule of thumb more than anything else.

AS is merely a diagnosis meaning that a person has a communication difficulty and an above average intelligence quotient, saying nothing about their personal views on anything. People with different manners of judging individuals based on their political or religious beliefs are willing to assume anyone in opposition to their own views are less intelligent than they, however such is meaningless in regard to the actual intellectual situation of their opponents but only demonstrates the depths of their own willingness to delude themselves about how wonderful they think they are that they have the most perfect philosophy of economics or whatever.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 9:56 pm

Conservatives do seem to be greatly outnumbered here. I wonder if there have been any studies showing the political leanings of various disorders.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 9:59 pm

There's also the "cats for Aspies and dogs for NT's" theory.......... :?