Are you more sensitive to the heat or the cold?

Page 7 of 7 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Which are you more sensitive to?
Heat 48%  48%  [ 126 ]
Cold 34%  34%  [ 89 ]
Both 15%  15%  [ 38 ]
Neither 3%  3%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 260

Omnicognic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 5:56 pm

I don't do heat. I must be kept cold.. wife calls me Nanuq (Polar bear) she is piling on extra quilts while I'm kicking off the blanket.

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 6:19 pm

I am not consistently sensitive to either cold or heat, but I do have odd temperature perception sometimes. Like, I might wear a sweat shirt when it's 90_F or walk without a coat when it's 30_F. I don't have this expeirence as often anymore as I listen to the weather forecast and have inner rules about when to wear what.

Rakshasa72
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 6:45 pm

I put both because where I live it does usually get nearly as hot or cold as other places in the world. However, I probably deal with the cold better then I do the heat but it rarely gets over 100 F here anyway.

Konstans
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Jun 2012, 7:23 pm

Cold!
It feels like someone hits me hard if anyone squirt at me with a squirtgun or garden hose. I get really mad, because the reaction inside me is to brutal it is just like a nuclear bomb going off. It has become worse as I get older and my kids have long respected this. So they have never surprised me with water balloons etc.
So because of this, I have not gone to the beach and swimmed ever since I was a kid! Also, I stay away from every situationwhere I can get wet, like on the beach, near fountains or brooks, etc.

Teasaidh
Raven
Raven

28 Jun 2013, 7:18 am

Severely intolerant to heat. Being out in 26 C (~80 F) for longer than 20 minutes causes me to become dizzy and nauseated. It is miserably hot in the summers here. Last year, the temp was >32 C (90 F) for the entire month of august. It wasn't even bearable at night. Tom and I are planning to move somewhere cooler someday. I have to finish school first though, so we'll be here several more years. :?

However, I love cool and cold weather. I often don't wear anything but a t-shirt until it starts snowing.

accomplishment.?
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2013, 7:49 am

hanyo wrote:
I'd say cold. Too much cold makes my muscles tense and makes me want to curl up somewhere and not move.

With too much heat I don't want to move either but then I'll be all stretched out and relaxed which is more comfortable.

I changed my mind. Since then I moved. In my old place I froze in winter and the air conditioning made it tolerable in the summer. In my new place the heat works good but it's hard to keep this place cool in summer. I also might be in menopause and have hot flashes and can't stand the heat any more. When I get hot I can barely function and now would rather have it be cold and put on a few layers or snuggle up under some blankets.

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2013, 11:25 pm

I love the cold and if it gets too cold I can just put on a sweater to fix that problem, I hate the heat with a passion and theres usually nothing I can do to fix that problem, I just hate the feeling of heat and sweat and can sometimes be more headache proned and the air feels so bad to breathe. I prefer it under 20 degrees C, no more and 5-10 degrees C is perfect becouse paint will still dry outside at that temp.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2013, 11:47 pm

I'm more sensitive to heat and humidity...I actually thrive in cooler temperatures, just as long as they're not, like, freezing. :)

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

ChristinaTheHobbit
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Jun 2013, 12:38 pm

I am very sensitive to the heat as well as the sun. I burn easily and I often hide from sunlight. Heat in general makes me miserable and I try to do most of my gardening during the summer in the early morning and late evening. If the temperature is above 90 (F) I will hide away in my air-conditioned house or some other location that is cool.

AAA- The androgynous and asexual autist

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2013, 1:00 pm

I do well in the heat, but not in the freezing cold. My friend has taken to criticising me because of my sensitivities to the cold. She tells me I should wear sandals more often when it's about 16 Celsius, instead of trainers. She also tells me I look stupid when I'm wearing a scarf in June, even though sometimes June mornings can be chilly here in the UK, like around 12 Celsius, which is chilly for June (but extremely mild for winter). When she says that, I'm like, ''thanks!'' (in an offended way).

I can't help being more sensitive to the cold. This is why I love the summers more. I can function better in the heat. I can think better, feel better, communicate better, and motivate myself better. When I'm cold I get short-tempered, and just want to curl up under my duvet covers all winter. I also can't stand the ice. At least the only ice you get in the summer is ice from your freezer, and put ice-cubes in your drink. That's the ice I like best.

apequake
Raven
Raven

29 Jun 2013, 1:41 pm

Cold

I do quite okay in heat unless it's humid and warmer than 95. I am very sensitive to cold and it takes me longer to adjust each winter.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2013, 4:09 pm

Heat for sure. I grew up in a warm area but I perfer cooler weather. I have a lower tolerance for hot liquids, my tongue burns easily. I still love warm liquids, I just need to put ice cubes in it. On the otherhand I can carry ice with my bare hands. I live in a warm humid place and its uncomfortable like half the yr and my legs get itchy with excess sweat and ickyness. I dont know why? I have better tolerance for cooler weather then most people who live here. For example, it rarely goes below 60 so most people cant tolerate the 50s. But I love it. I can walk around in shorts in 50 degree weather.

ash1987
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jul 2013, 10:21 am

i hate the heat it drains me of all energy absolutley love the cold i walk into the freezer at work with just my unifrom and no extra jacket or anything lol

54together
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jul 2013, 2:54 pm

I sunburn and get tired in the heat very easily. Suncream and fans don't do anything.
It's not just the weather where I am sensitive to heat, but also tactile sensory. Hot things can burn me easily. Even lukewarm water is enough to badly hurt me. It has to be room temperature or colder. :?