Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2011, 12:08 am

I have to take a bath or a shower at least 3 times a week. I feel gross if I don't.

White-Rose-Tree
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Aug 2011, 1:49 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I have to take a bath or a shower at least 3 times a week. I feel gross if I don't.

That's about how often I bathe. Otherwise your body gets slimier than the soap, and there's no point in not bathing :D

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2011, 1:59 pm

I go whenever something is happening the next day *looks at to-do list* - ooh, that means tonight! :P

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2011, 2:11 pm

Jory wrote:
White-Rose-Tree wrote:
And liquid soap and hand sanitizer freaks me out. And make-up. And lotion... eurgh!

Gah. I hate going to the store or the doctor's office or whatever and someone says, "Can I help you?" while spurting a big glob of hand sanitizer into their hands and rubbing their hands together while making a noise that sounds like mixing potato salad with a shovel.

And both my mother and my sister have a bad habit of using hand lotion several times a day and immediately touching sink faucets, remote controls, doorknobs, and anything else I touch on a regular basis. This would be maddening even if I didn't have OCD.

I lol'd. I am not a fan of sanitizer. In fact I'm of the opinion you don't have to use soap all the time when you wash your hands anyway, it's completely mechanical, and my skin gets dry easily. A little more hot water than usual and I'm good. Depends where my hands have been though. Handling garbage gets the full soap + hot water scrub down for example.

If I have to be at work or any social gather I shower/bath before hand. Some days I go without if there's nothing I have to be presentable for and that goes back to my dry skin issues. If I start buying soap with glycerine however that may change.

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2011, 2:21 pm

I've found that I usually shower every morning. Unless I'm too busy or I get up late. And I never shower at night because if I do it looks like I french-kissed a light socket in the morning.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2011, 2:23 pm

cw10 wrote:
I lol'd. I am not a fan of sanitizer. In fact I'm of the opinion you don't have to use soap all the time when you wash your hands anyway, it's completely mechanical, and my skin gets dry easily. A little more hot water than usual and I'm good. Depends where my hands have been though. Handling garbage gets the full soap + hot water scrub down for example.

I just don't understand it. People who are germophobic are typically people with OCD who don't like the things they touch to be greasy, so what's with all these people who like to rub that crap into their hands 17 times a day and immediately touch their doorknobs and computer keyboards and books?

My hand washing obsession has gotten better over the years. I used to be a total psychopath about it. I had to scrub my hands with a soapy washcloth at least once a day and rinse with soap and water several more times. Now I just rinse with soap and water once a day, maybe twice. But if I accidentally get "garbage water" on me, it's instantly off to the bathroom for a hand washing.

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2011, 2:52 pm

Jory wrote:
cw10 wrote:

I just don't understand it. People who are germophobic are typically people with OCD who don't like the things they touch to be greasy, so what's with all these people who like to rub that crap into their hands 17 times a day and immediately touch their doorknobs and computer keyboards and books?

My hand washing obsession has gotten better over the years. I used to be a total psychopath about it. I had to scrub my hands with a soapy washcloth at least once a day and rinse with soap and water several more times. Now I just rinse with soap and water once a day, maybe twice. But if I accidentally get "garbage water" on me, it's instantly off to the bathroom for a hand washing.

I'm thankfully not ocd about hygiene, though I should probably brush my teeth... Well more than I do. :) I like natural oils in my hands, very useful for turning knobs, and keeping a grip on things. Maybe that's why nature put it there, hah! But yeah certain things, if I touch anything that's not sanitary I'm off to the sink, I don't even like to touch anything while my hands have unknown bacteria on them, spreading germs makes me :cry: .

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2011, 2:53 pm

Jory wrote:
cw10 wrote:

I agree with this sentiment. Hand sanitizer SUCKS! I avoid it at all costs. Drives me nutzo. Plus, it's making super-germs and I already dislike regular germs, imagine them being super-sized. 8O

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2011, 2:59 pm

cw10 wrote:
I'm thankfully not ocd about hygiene, though I should probably brush my teeth... Well more than I do. :) I like natural oils in my hands, very useful for turning knobs, and keeping a grip on things. Maybe that's why nature put it there, hah! But yeah certain things, if I touch anything that's not sanitary I'm off to the sink, I don't even like to touch anything while my hands have unknown bacteria on them, spreading germs makes me :cry: .

I'm not germophobic at all. It's the oils and sweats on the hands that make me want to wash my hands. And of course anything else that gets on my hands during the course of the day. But I know what you mean about liking to have some natural oils on your hands, because right after I wash my hands, gripping anything is hard. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

chrissyrun wrote:
Plus, it's making super-germs and I already dislike regular germs, imagine them being super-sized.

I would sell them on eBay as pets.

White-Rose-Tree

18 Aug 2011, 11:17 am

Jory wrote:
I would sell them on eBay as pets.

I'm picturing a goldfish-sized e. coli swimming around in an old-fashioned fishbowl. Awww :D