Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

chessimprov
Toucan
Toucan

16 Aug 2011, 8:21 am

Yahoo mail has not been logging off properly. I have to clear the cache or try to log off many times. Any suggestions? Thank you.

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 10:09 am

Google "how to clear cookies" and then whatever browser you're using. Clear your cookies. You're now logged out.

V001
Toucan
Toucan

16 Aug 2011, 2:18 pm

Make sure Keep me signed in does not have a check mark. Sign out goto a diffrent page. Make a bookmark only to yahoo mail that could help too. Yahoo still has not gotten the memo that they are a has been and trys rope you into the other yahoo stuff like search news and so on.

chessimprov
Toucan
Toucan

17 Aug 2011, 6:37 am

johnsmcjohn wrote:
Google "how to clear cookies" and then whatever browser you're using. Clear your cookies. You're now logged out.

Thank you for that. It doesn't seem like it would be the best way to log off, but that's what I do if I'm in more of a hurry and can't do it manually online. I'm guessing all websites that you must login require cookies though, so it is probably alright.

chessimprov
Toucan
Toucan

17 Aug 2011, 6:39 am

V001 wrote:
Make sure Keep me signed in does not have a check mark. Sign out goto a diffrent page. Make a bookmark only to yahoo mail that could help too. Yahoo still has not gotten the memo that they are a has been and trys rope you into the other yahoo stuff like search news and so on.

I think you're right, I probably forgot to uncheck "keep me signed in." Hate that as a default for "security" purposes. I don't have a bookmark for Yahoo mail, but thank you for making me think of that tip for other websites!