Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 11:12 am

Anyone else here really, really HATE washing your hair? I find it such a chore, and I have to build up all the courage to do it. But I don't like having greasy hair either, because it's uncomfortable. But I just hate washing my hair. I just hate the idea of my head getting wet. I don't know if that's got to do with sensory issues.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 11:55 am

I can't stand having greasy hair. If I don't keep my hair hair clean my scalp gets oily and it hurts so I am a fanatic at keeping my hair hair clean. My hair goes down to in between my shoulders so long greasy hair looks awful.

I remember an episode of Beavis and Butthead where Beavis refused to get water on his "junk" and he got a nasty rash on his penis that he used a spatula to scratch causing all the people at the hamburger joint they worked at to get violently sick. :lol:

Swordfish210
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Aug 2011, 12:09 pm

I like having long hair as its so much easier and it looks better, but the huge downsude is to wash it. I really do hate washing my hair too. I shower every other day and do my hair every other time, always before going to sleep too, makes the time I notice it is wet shorter. Routine is the only way to cope doing that awful chore.

Sherlock Holmes in The Sign Of Four (1890), ch. 6

justlefty
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Aug 2011, 1:26 pm

Yes. I hate washing my hair. Honestly I'm not a fan of showering in general, and I do think that its a sensory thing. It also is time consuming, and a lot of the time, I can't be bothered. I have long, super thick curls and they stay wet forever. When I was a kid my mom washed my hair in the sink for me, so I could make sure that no shampoo got in my eyes, then I'd scream afterwards when she tried to comb it out. It was always a matted mess.

Now I wear the same bun everyday, so it's not really noticeable if it is greasy or not. Then twice a week I wash it and wear it down on the days I see my boyfriend.

When I get out of the shower I wrap my hair in a t shirt, with the neck opening at my forehead and the sleeves tied at the back of my neck. This keeps it from dripping down my back or getting my shirt wet, but its more comfortable than wearing a towel on my head. I guess those wraps they sell would work too, but I don't really see the point in them when t shirts work just fine. That and very soft towels, make the process a little better.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 1:52 pm

I don't really mind it.

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 1:54 pm

Growing up I tried as hard as I could to avoid showers because of not wanting to wash my hair. Once I lived on my own I realized that I could put my hair up and not wash my hair every time I showered :)

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 1:55 pm

I like washing my hair.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

17 Aug 2011, 2:03 pm

Meh. So-so.

peaceloveerin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Aug 2011, 2:14 pm

No, I have to wash it everyday or its a mess!!

Sparhawke
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Aug 2011, 2:22 pm

I do not mind so much, but I absolutely loathe being out in the rain because for some reason my scalp goes super itchy...it must look to people that I have been attacked by a battalion of fleas :(

Luci
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 2:24 pm

Yes, it takes such a long time. But I don't shower often in general either. I don't understand what's supposed to be so hard about it, but it's just somehow hard to get started.
Something I don't do at all is comb my hair. I have long curly hair and I think it makes my hair look awful + it feels very unpleasant as well.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 2:28 pm

I hate washing my hair because I hate it how afterwards the water trickles down my face and the wet strands touch it :x Sensory issues. I hate my face being touched. Btw, in a moment I'll go to wash my hair because I hate having greasy hair just as much - what if someone saw me, they would think me to be a dirty person not taking care of hygiene :?

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 2:36 pm

I love washing my hair and experimenting with new shampoos.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 3:05 pm

Yes. I avoid washing it until it gets itchy. Fortunately, mine is coarse and curly and doesn't get very greasy. This is one reason why I'm tempted to cut it all off. But I think having no hair would give me the same sensory disturbances as having super short fingernails. (That is, my fingers feel really sensitive if there's no nail to guard them. I suspect my scalp would be the same. XD )

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Aug 2011, 3:48 pm

I hate the bother of washing it, so I only wash it once a week. Afterwards, I use Ayurvedic oil on my scalp because it otherwise gets too dry. I don't like the act of washing it, nor do I like water dripping down my neck afterward. I gave up on hairdressers a long time ago, because they use commercial products, and tend to want to stick you under a loud, hot, bonnet type hairdryer and roast your head. I wrap my head in a towel and it absorbs the excess water nicely. And my hair dries fairly quickly too.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 Aug 2011, 3:57 pm

My hair gets greasy pretty quick and I can not function with greasy hair. I don't have any issues with showering or washing my hair.