Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 2:16 pm

No, we are not talking about 'Pataphysique and its apostrophe.

We are discussing why we are at PPR although there is almost never any discussion or matters religious [aside from the interminable rabbit / chicken on Free Will and an occasional "How would I go about becoming a Sikh?"] Christian-baiting and griping about why does religion exist in a world where we are breeding quarks can hardly be counted as religious discourse.

So why is it still PPR?

So simple. I live - many of us live - in a country figureheaded by a guy with the initials BO. [The Pauls, father and son, both managed to avoid RIP. I claim - many of us claim - a mental condition whose name cries out to be twisted by the PG-13 contingent.

And can we tolerate a REALISTIC set of initials for this forum, PP, or even P?

I think not.

At least religion can make THAT much of a contribution to the forum.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 2:58 pm

Je ne vois pas où tu trouves le calembour...

Actually, I am not even sure I understand the thrust of your point. Is the "R" somehow saving us from some inappropriate fate were this forum to be simply "P?" What's wrong with a forum that is only about "P", leaving the other P and the R elsewhere?

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 3:17 pm

visagrunt wrote:
Je ne vois pas où tu trouves le calembour...

Actually, I am not even sure I understand the thrust of your point. Is the "R" somehow saving us from some inappropriate fate were this forum to be simply "P?" What's wrong with a forum that is only about "P", leaving the other P and the R elsewhere?

Ah, mon ami, you claim 44 sun cycles. That implies [I do not do age math well, just a seond] about 1967. Yikes - I could have been your papa though I was not.

That being the case, depending on the class and procl;ivities of your family, and allowing for Canada versus New England, you may have been exposed to different child and ther euphemisms. I know that the set common to certain Brits differs from my set.

Anyway: to one of my background, attuned to such linguistic points as the reson I would NOT have wanted to go through Americam middle and high schools with the initials BO, the sound of the hypothetical PP or B is perhaps too graphic. Though calling the forum Bold Statement > BS might seem appropriate.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 3:38 pm

Ah, maintenant je comprends.