Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

18 Aug 2011, 2:36 pm

How many of you have been? There are two locations in Portland, Oregon, plus there's a small van that sells them (kind of like meals on wheels or an ice cream truck).

For those of you who don't know what Voodoo Doughnuts is, it's a doughnut shop that sells a variety of unique and quirky doughnuts.

Here is a good video I found that should help out:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ6xHL5DpT4[/youtube]

Ilka
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 3:09 pm

I actually do not like doughnuts. I have problems processing food too sweet or fried stuff, and daughnuts are too sweet (mostly because of the glaze and/or filling) and fried. I have tried them, but always end up feeling bad after eating tem, so I avoid them.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 3:14 pm

I was hoping for person-shaped doughnuts that you could decorate to look like someone and then poke with pins and bite their heads off. :(

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

18 Aug 2011, 3:55 pm

Zen wrote:
I was hoping for person-shaped doughnuts that you could decorate to look like someone and then poke with pins and bite their heads off. :(

They have doughnuts like that. That would be the blood-stuffed doughnuts (really raspberry filling). They're shaped like little voodoo dolls, and they're poked with pretzel stick pins. :)

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 4:04 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Zen wrote:

They have doughnuts like that. That would be the blood-stuffed doughnuts (really raspberry filling). They're shaped like little voodoo dolls, and they're poked with pretzel stick pins. :)

Nice. :lol:

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 4:06 pm

Zen wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Zen wrote:

Nice. :lol:

And they taste great too. :)
Although I prefer the Tex-ass doughnut. :lol:

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 4:38 pm

Quote:
Voodoo doughnuts

It's a recipe handed down from father to son,
For a thousand years...

The year is still young.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 4:57 pm

I'll stick with my Timbits.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 5:06 pm

Haha, that's a very interesting shop, and menu. I love doughnuts. In fact I had some Krispy Creme Doughnuts today :D

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 6:58 pm

Interesting, I remember I used to like making doughnuts when I went to Utah to see extended family when I was younger.

But, I can't eat them now...they have eggs :( Hopefully I can find a vegan recipe for them. :)

(edit: HOLLY CRAP, THEY HAVE VEGAN DOUGHNUTS)

Anyways, cool shop.....I think I might have read about it somewhere.

Last edited by chrissyrun on 18 Aug 2011, 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 7:11 pm

A doughnut with colored doughnut seeds on it?

BRILLIANT! :D

Man, I haven't eaten a Krispy Kreme doughnut in ages. That sounds really good right now.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 9:16 pm

One of the many perks of living in the Portland metro area; Voodoo Doughnuts. :)

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Aug 2011, 9:48 pm

I WANT DOUGHNUTS NOW!! !! ! :evil: Thats it, time to go to krispy kremes :D

NowWhat
Raven
Raven

18 Aug 2011, 10:46 pm

Last spring my family waited in line for 45 minutes and gave up before making it to the door. Went on a ghost hunting tour later that night and the tour guide went in the back door and came out with a box. They were good, would still like to try the maple bar with bacon.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2011, 1:08 am

I have been there a few times. I once bought a bucket of them for five bucks. Couple weekends ago, they had a long line there and it was because they cooked so many of them for the Guiness World Records and gave them all away after they were through.

I haven't had one of their doughnuts since 2009. I am not big on junk food is why or going downtown just for a doughnut.

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2011, 2:14 am

I saw a thing about them on I think the Cooking Channel. I really want of the raspberry-filled voodoo doll ones.