Nil_Nil
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Aug 2011, 5:25 am

oldmantime
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2011, 7:12 pm

y'all do realize that you could tax EVERYONE in this country to kingdom come and it never would pay down the debt we've been burdened with, right? the best way to get rid of it is to declare it illegal gains.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2011, 11:31 pm

oldmantime wrote:
y'all do realize that you could tax EVERYONE in this country to kingdom come and it never would pay down the debt we've been burdened with, right? the best way to get rid of it is to declare it illegal gains.

I've pointed out this fact for a number of times, however they are attempting to appeal to emotion, because they can't win the debate using facts.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 12:07 am

Inuyasha wrote:
oldmantime wrote:

I've pointed out this fact for a number of times, however they are attempting to appeal to emotion, because they can't win the debate using facts.

And what are these "facts?" That we have to let our most vulnerable citizens starve or die from lack of medical care, while we let our "most productive citizens" repossess the rest of the county's money?
If caring for people who are economically left behind is just appealing to emotion, then I'll gladly cling to emotion.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

oldmantime
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 1:33 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
oldmantime wrote:

And what are these "facts?" That we have to let our most vulnerable citizens starve or die from lack of medical care, while we let our "most productive citizens" repossess the rest of the county's money?
If caring for people who are economically left behind is just appealing to emotion, then I'll gladly cling to emotion.

actually, if we declared the debt illegal gains they would no longer be prepossessing anything.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 3:26 pm

oldmantime wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
oldmantime wrote:

actually, if we declared the debt illegal gains they would no longer be prepossessing anything.

Cool! :lol:

Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 5:58 pm

A hundred years ago we got an income tax, 1/10% of earnings over $10,000 a year. Same year, 1913, The Federal Reserve System.

Income tax went up. As the same people sold us both, it was to avoid a simpler plan, a tax on assets.

The debt is no problem, taxing labor is, the solution a flat 3% tax on net worth. America has a net worth of several hundred trillion.

A few years would pay off the debt, making money worth more, restoring our AAA credit rating, and a few more years would make a single payer health care system for all.

Paying off our debt would cause the Saudis, Japanese, Chinese, to spend dollars. Our bonds are dead money that bleeds us.

This would put five trillion into the world economy.

There is nothing to fear, but low math skills.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 7:12 pm

Inventor wrote:
A hundred years ago we got an income tax, 1/10% of earnings over $10,000 a year. Same year, 1913, The Federal Reserve System.

Income tax went up. As the same people sold us both, it was to avoid a simpler plan, a tax on assets.

The debt is no problem, taxing labor is, the solution a flat 3% tax on net worth. America has a net worth of several hundred trillion.

A few years would pay off the debt, making money worth more, restoring our AAA credit rating, and a few more years would make a single payer health care system for all.

Paying off our debt would cause the Saudis, Japanese, Chinese, to spend dollars. Our bonds are dead money that bleeds us.

How do you define net worth though? Defining how much net worth someone has can be used as a weapon of intimidation, where income is just straight up how much money you made.

Our problem is the amount of regulations coming out of the White House, our problem is not the Bush tax rates.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 8:28 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Inventor wrote:

How do you define net worth though? Defining how much net worth someone has can be used as a weapon of intimidation, where income is just straight up how much money you made.

Our problem is the amount of regulations coming out of the White House, our problem is not the Bush tax rates.

Those terrible regulations are there to protect us from being poisoned by the food we eat, from the planes we fly in from crashing due to a malfunction, and from the clothes we put on our children from being flammable. Oh yeah, also, they're there to keep banks from ripping customers off - or at least, they're supposed to.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 10:14 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Inventor wrote:

Those terrible regulations are there to protect us from being poisoned by the food we eat, from the planes we fly in from crashing due to a malfunction, and from the clothes we put on our children from being flammable. Oh yeah, also, they're there to keep banks from ripping customers off - or at least, they're supposed to.

So letting GE move jobs to China is okay, but Boeing can't have a plant in South Carolina, that's somehow okay with you?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 10:35 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Inventor wrote:

So letting GE move jobs to China is okay, but Boeing can't have a plant in South Carolina, that's somehow okay with you?

Just how the hell did even you infer that from what I wrote?
And for your information, I think GE should have their ass handed them for betraying American workers.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 10:45 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

And for your information, I think GE should have their ass handed them for betraying American workers.

A privately owned profit making firm should be able to seek labor at the lowest feasible cost. Businesses are not charities or welfare institutions.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 11:30 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

A privately owned profit making firm should be able to seek labor at the lowest feasible cost. Businesses are not charities or welfare institutions.

ruveyn

I guess that means I'd be a lousy businessman, as I'd be too nationalistic in my hiring practices.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 10:47 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

I guess that means I'd be a lousy businessman, as I'd be too nationalistic in my hiring practices.

You are free to run your business anyway you wish. If you can do it profitably you will remain in business, otherwise your business will fail.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 1:52 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You are free to run your business anyway you wish. If you can do it profitably you will remain in business, otherwise your business will fail.

ruveyn

Fair enough.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 12:58 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Inventor wrote:

No, Obama just named the head of GE to his Job Creation panel, not sure what it is called.