Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Paganpothead
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Aug 2011, 2:29 pm

I'm so shy I have trouble posting on forums, I"m afraid they will attempt to bellitle me and whatever I say. Or worse simple ignore me...every forum I have gotten on I have simple lurked..its depressing. I'm so shy I can't even talk to people when its not face to face.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2011, 2:31 pm

No worries. If someone belittles you, just blow it off and post something else in another thread, or start another thread of your own ... like this one. You aren't too shy to do that, so you may not be as shy as you think.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Paganpothead
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Aug 2011, 2:47 pm

Fnord wrote:
No worries. If someone belittles you, just blow it off and post something else in another thread, or start another thread of your own ... like this one. You aren't too shy to do that, so you may not be as shy as you think.
well its not a really a problem with this forum, I feel like I come here for support when I need it...its other ones...I litterally pause and end up with nothing of any value to say...I'm tired of lurking constantly I want to have a decent conversation with someone.

AspieWolf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2011, 3:35 pm

There are always a few out there who have no respect for other people's feelings. I hope that you don't find that here on WP. Most of the folks here are really good people, so please don't be afraid to post. We are all here because we share similar problems, and in that we generally understand each other and can offer mutual support and advice.

Some of us just have a little more madness than others!

mystic777
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Aug 2011, 3:44 pm

hey there paganpothead

i suffer similar doubts and worries. have had random attacks and nasty comments here and there online... definitely affected me and made me paranoid and fearful to post things or upload things ive done (creative type here). great that you are posting here. i think its a slow process to build up the confidence and to accept that some people ARE just a-holes no-matter what. ignore them. they obviously have so little else going for them that they make themselves feel better by belittling others. these days (well, since the rise of the internet and blogs and forums etc etc... everyone has the opportunity to anonimously attack others... if they really want to.

i think ignoring them is always the best policy too. then they can't "work their magic" and wind you up. as for the comments... anyone who has that much time to criticise needs to re-evaluate their OWN life rather than attacking others.

as for the shyness... i quote morrisey "shyness is nice... but shyness can stop you... from doing all the things in life you'd like to"

harder to change than to say... but i think thats worth remembering. life is too short. get stuck in!! !

awards you a sticker for bravery. keep going.
:D
R

Ashuahhe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2011, 5:28 pm

I lurk on facebook, I have a couple of good friends but the rest are associates in some way. I can't comment for the fear I will be belittled. I feel right at home here, I can comment with confidence :) Wrong Planet is a very friendly online community, people on Wrong Planet won't bite!

postcards57
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Aug 2011, 6:47 pm

I'm finding this a really friendly forum, too. I'm pretty new, as well, and have chimed in on a few posts. I sometimes find it a bit overwhelming to decide what to read and I wonder about missing things, but I figure I'll just do what I can.
I'm a mom of a large family, and my youngest has just been dx with AS at age 12. While we were going through the appointments and interviews and I was reading a bit compulsively, I realized a lot of us have indications of being on the spectrum. Communicating with people on line in this forum is so much easier than face-to-face. I love my basement. :-)
J.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2011, 6:56 pm

Paganpothead wrote:
... I want to have a decent conversation with someone.

Well, then ... what do you want to talk about?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Paganpothead
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Aug 2011, 4:01 pm

Fnord wrote:
Paganpothead wrote:
... I want to have a decent conversation with someone.

Well, then ... what do you want to talk about?
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Whatch ... 026271.jpg
I honestly don't have anything to say, I feel rather sh***y today for no apparent reason...I will probly just lay in bed...

postcards57
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Aug 2011, 4:07 pm

How about telling us 3 things you like to do and 3 of your "pet peeves:" things that annoy you? Extra points if some of them are funny.
J.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2011, 6:44 pm

If it's more of a fear, an anxiety, I can relate. There was a time when I was terribly scared to post at all here, and that only changed a few months ago.

Welcome to WrongPlanet, anyway!

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

20 Aug 2011, 11:51 pm

Ashuahhe wrote:
I lurk on facebook, I have a couple of good friends but the rest are associates in some way. I can't comment for the fear I will be belittled. I feel right at home here, I can comment with confidence :) Wrong Planet is a very friendly online community, people on Wrong Planet won't bite!

^ This ^

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 9:57 am

Welcome to WP!

Paganpothead
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Aug 2011, 8:04 pm

postcards57 wrote:
How about telling us 3 things you like to do and 3 of your "pet peeves:" things that annoy you? Extra points if some of them are funny.
J.
]
well I like to walk arround at night...especially if the moon is vissible, I like playing magic with friends, and I like trying to be funny.
I don't like it one someone uses someone, talks about them behind their back, or lies to them.

postcards57
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Aug 2011, 9:40 pm

I like chocolate, philosophical discussions with my kids, and the sound of the wind and rain at night.
I don't like waiting, dealing with people who are arrogant, or being told what to do (although, strangely, I'm fine following most rules).
J.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2011, 12:16 am

Welkome to WrongPlanet. :)

The WP Kink