Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Have You Ever Cheated on a significant other?
yes 25%  25%  [ 22 ]
no 75%  75%  [ 65 ]
Total votes : 87

Paganpothead
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Aug 2011, 9:32 pm

auntblabby wrote:
if i somehow lucked into an actual relationship, i would not jeopardize something so out-of-the-blue precious by screwing around like an alleycat. i will leave that behavior for the alphas.
I have never cheated on anyone, I did have a small fling while we were in the talking stage, but does that really count?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 1:51 am

Paganpothead wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
if i somehow lucked into an actual relationship, i would not jeopardize something so out-of-the-blue precious by screwing around like an alleycat. i will leave that behavior for the alphas.
I have never cheated on anyone, I did have a small fling while we were in the talking stage, but does that really count?

only if [while one is in a steady relationship] one has flung oneself inside yet another person- then it is cheating. but i am not judging.

Logan5
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Aug 2011, 3:34 am

What I have never understood about cheating is how do people find the time to do it? Most of my time and energy is consumed by just trying to get by in this world. Maybe it is just my executive dysfunction, but I can't even get it together to develop a functional relationship with one person, let alone simultaneously pursue romantic relationships with multiple people. :?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 5:22 am

Logan5 wrote:
What I have never understood about cheating is how do people find the time to do it? Most of my time and energy is consumed by just trying to get by in this world. Maybe it is just my executive dysfunction, but I can't even get it together to develop a functional relationship with one person, let alone simultaneously pursue romantic relationships with multiple people. :?

concerning the aspies who purport to be successful in a worldly sense [i.e., they have absolutely no troubles attracting sex partners and money], i can only surmise that they are not too badly afflicted with autism spectrum difficulties, for them to have such a high level of social functioning, and/or they are blessed with genius-level intelligence which enables them to brute-force their way through life via sheer mental horsepower, sorta like bill gates- IOW, their 500 horsepower brains give them enough mental energy to function brilliantly enough to overcome/overpower/override/out-think their natural wetware proclivity to maladaptive behaviors. another possibility is social intelligence might be a savant-like power in a fortunate person otherwise on the autism spectrum, especially for those who claim to function poorly in every other area of life. just my 2-cents' worth, inflation be damned.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 5:30 am

I don't cheat.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

glasscasket
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Aug 2011, 5:40 am

Just because someone is on the spectrum it doesn't mean that they can't find someone to have a relationship with, and sometimes it doesn't end well. I wouldn't judge someone you don't know because you don't know what they have been through.

Knifey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Aug 2011, 9:33 am

stupid poll, it should be "have you ever seriously considered cheating" because I bet half of the people who answer no would if they could.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Aug 2011, 11:37 am

Knifey wrote:
stupid poll, it should be "have you ever seriously considered cheating" because I bet half of the people who answer no would if they could.

I don't understand people who cheat, nor why it would be so highly desirable. You say that half of the people who nay say it would cheat if they could. That doesn't make sense.

Knifey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Aug 2011, 11:41 am

watch the movie "hall pass" that has just come out

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480687/

they try and cheat, they fail because nobody wants them. this movie is aimed at the average man. can you not admit that i have a point?

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Aug 2011, 1:50 pm

Knifey wrote:
watch the movie "hall pass" that has just come out

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480687/

they try and cheat, they fail because nobody wants them. this movie is aimed at the average man. can you not admit that i have a point?

I haven't seen the movie; it's not the type of movie that appeals to me. I was merely expressing a puzzlement about people who want to cheat. Why don't they just separate from the person they are in a relationship with? Is it all about sex or something? Rather than work on what they have, they want to add to the problem by involving other people? :roll:

Knifey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Aug 2011, 10:31 pm

it is about lusting after something hotter, being lusted after by something hotter. sex and self esteem. it has nothing to do with dissatisfaction in a relationship.

AsteroidNap
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 10:51 pm

I've never cheated...not that I've had many chances mind. I have been cheated on, all the while babysitting her two year old son so she could 'run errands', lol. I laugh now, but at the time it was devastating.

I don't think I could ever cheat because of this experience. Having said that, I have no absolutes against others cheating per se--by this I mean, as was exemplified by the poster above, sometimes people are locked in situations that they find difficult to leave -- abusive situations. If 'cheating' is a way for them to find strength and emotional will to leave the abuser, then cheers for cheating! Seriously. There are worse crimes than cheating.

Nereid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Aug 2011, 12:51 am

Knifey wrote:

So you're saying there's no difference between a guy/girl in a relationship finding a girl/guy hot and not acting on it and going behind their significant other's back and going through with it? People may have the biological desire to cheat in some instances, but have too much respect for themselves and their partner to ever actually do it. There's nothing stupid about polling a pool of people who as one of the supposed trademarks of Aspergers are more honest than the average person if they would do something as deceptive as infidelity.

Knifey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Aug 2011, 9:03 am

Nereid wrote:
So you're saying there's no difference between a guy/girl in a relationship finding a girl/guy hot and not acting on it and going behind their significant other's back and going through with it?

Nope. I'm saying a man cheating on their wife should be in the same category as a man who leaves the wife at home and goes chatting up women and fails. who sign up to adultfriendfinder and other sex sites looking to hook up and fail. In your world everybody who wants to have sex with somebody does. LOL, it's just not reality, most people on this website have tried and failed at picking up. What makes you so sure now they have a spouse at home they will suddenly be studs who can pull anybody they see? I'm saying just because somebody hasn't cheated, doesn't mean they weren't willing to at some point and never got the opportunity.

BEING FAITHFUL MEANS YOU DON'T TRY HAVING SEX WITH OTHERS WHILE IN A RELATIONSHIP

Knifey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Aug 2011, 9:07 am

erghhhh.

n3v3rm0r3
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Aug 2011, 11:08 pm

I cheated once when I was in my teens, sounds silly but we had been together 3 years and I regret it to this day. Cheating is not something that is in my character and I'm very ashamed about it.