Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Have You Ever Cheated on a significant other?
yes 25%  25%  [ 22 ]
no 75%  75%  [ 65 ]
Total votes : 87

n3v3rm0r3
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Aug 2011, 11:08 pm

I cheated once when I was in my teens, sounds silly but we had been together 3 years and I regret it to this day. Cheating is not something that is in my character and I'm very ashamed about it.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 6:50 pm

You can't cheat if you don't date , aspies date :eew:

Serioulsy I'm honest to myself and that's all that matters :D

Nereid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Sep 2011, 4:54 am

Knifey wrote:
Nereid wrote:
So you're saying there's no difference between a guy/girl in a relationship finding a girl/guy hot and not acting on it and going behind their significant other's back and going through with it?

Nope. I'm saying a man cheating on their wife should be in the same category as a man who leaves the wife at home and goes chatting up women and fails. who sign up to adultfriendfinder and other sex sites looking to hook up and fail. In your world everybody who wants to have sex with somebody does. LOL, it's just not reality, most people on this website have tried and failed at picking up. What makes you so sure now they have a spouse at home they will suddenly be studs who can pull anybody they see? I'm saying just because somebody hasn't cheated, doesn't mean they weren't willing to at some point and never got the opportunity.

BEING FAITHFUL MEANS YOU DON'T TRY HAVING SEX WITH OTHERS WHILE IN A RELATIONSHIP

A man or woman can look at other people and leave it at that. I know lots of people in relationships who comment frequently about how cute/hot whomever is, but they never do anything to get with someone else. Yes I can see how patrolling such websites could be grouped with the cheating category. From most of the comments thus far though there is a lesser interest it would appear in bothering to cheat than in the general public. Even if some are lying, its still likely a smaller percentage than the general public. And if as you say people are lying about the getting away with it, than the more specified poll wouldn't matter anyway.

Synecdoche
Toucan
Toucan

05 Sep 2011, 7:27 am

I wouldn't cheat in a relationship. Or at least, I hope not.

That being said, if my wife/girlfriend cheated on me, I'd be deeply hurt. But I'd try to get to the root of the issue. I'd want to be open and honest about it. Maybe I wasn't giving her enough attention or I wasn't being open with her or something.

Of course, I'd need time alone to think things through as well. Then, I'd ask her how she felt and if she wanted to continue our relationship.

For me, personally, I'd think these things happen often and I'd want to be a committed person who tries to understand the other person. That doesn't mean I'll excuse them but I feel relationships are about growth and I feel like we could work together and grow together to make this foundation stronger. I wouldn't want to point fingers.

But then, I've never had a girlfriend, so what I do know?

ntgfinlove
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Nov 2011, 9:39 pm

I wrote an article in my blog (check the sig) in regards to the above topic. Check it out.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2011, 9:40 pm

ntgfinlove wrote:
I wrote an article in my blog (check the sig) in regards to the above topic. Check it out.

I see no signature.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2011, 1:23 am

I've never had anyone to cheat on.

wyldragon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Nov 2011, 7:56 am

I had an affair on my first husband. I felt/feel horrible about it, and would never even think of doing it again. I was about 26 when that happened. Been cheated on by others. It is not a good feeling.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2011, 8:00 am

^^^
there's more than enough pain to go around.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2011, 8:20 am

auntblabby wrote:
concerning the aspies who purport to be successful in a worldly sense [i.e., they have absolutely no troubles attracting sex partners and money], i can only surmise that they are not too badly afflicted with autism spectrum difficulties, for them to have such a high level of social functioning, and/or they are blessed with genius-level intelligence which enables them to brute-force their way through life via sheer mental horsepower, sorta like bill gates- IOW, their 500 horsepower brains give them enough mental energy to function brilliantly enough to overcome/overpower/override/out-think their natural wetware proclivity to maladaptive behaviors. another possibility is social intelligence might be a savant-like power in a fortunate person otherwise on the autism spectrum, especially for those who claim to function poorly in every other area of life. just my 2-cents' worth, inflation be damned.

I know that this was not directed at anyone in particular. But as someone who does well enough attracting women (not that I've had no trouble at all, and money is as elusive as ever), I'll say that it not a matter of being "not too badly afflicted," nor is it one of "sheer mental horsepower." It is a willingness to keep trying, each failure can be a learning experience. With enough practice, anyone can overcome (at least, for short bursts) their "proclivity to maladaptive behaviors."

Also, an ability to function in one particular area of social interaction does not mean that the person is equally capable in every situation. It can mean that the person is just more interested in that type of interaction than in any other (thus, more willing to keep practicing). For instance, while I am good enough at making some women like me in the short-term (my gf is a miraculous exception to the "short-term" part), finding and especially keeping a group of friends has so far proven impossible.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2011, 8:40 am

mds_02 wrote:
But as someone who does well enough attracting women (not that I've had no trouble at all, and money is as elusive as ever), I'll say that it not a matter of being "not too badly afflicted," nor is it one of "sheer mental horsepower." It is a willingness to keep trying, each failure can be a learning experience. With enough practice, anyone can overcome (at least, for short bursts) their "proclivity to maladaptive behaviors."

:hmph:

mds_02 wrote:
Also, an ability to function in one particular area of social interaction does not mean that the person is equally capable in every situation. It can mean that the person is just more interested in that type of interaction than in any other (thus, more willing to keep practicing). For instance, while I am good enough at making some women like me in the short-term (my gf is a miraculous exception to the "short-term" part), finding and especially keeping a group of friends has so far proven impossible.

at least you were able to have buddies [of whatever gender] in the first place. you still have some social intelligence. i envy you. :)

you will find and keep friends that are appropriate for you, this i believe. :idea:

myth
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2011, 1:41 pm

Depends on your definition of cheat. I started a new relationship while still legally married to an old one but the old relationship had very clearly ended and I made no pretenses about it to him. We were no longer sleeping in the same bed or anything.

Some would consider that cheating because of the legal status.

Nothing is absolute.