Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 2:52 am

Yes, but not for everyone. It probably has to do with
- obsessiveness, compulsiveness
- inability to know when to start or stop eating (related to compulsiveness and executive dysfunction)
- reducing anxiety level by the hormonal effect of serotonin
- reducing anxiety level by "stimming by eating" (related to compulsiveness)
- feeling compelled to clear everything from the plate (a previous thread's theme)

As for me, I was always a foody being right from my birth. I gathered weight at an incredible rate as an infant. Despite this I soon become thin or even skinny sometimes, and I hold my shape ever since. If there was only one option for the usual quiz question "Are people saying you are..." it would be "You're always eating and you eat a lot of food, good for you it doesn't show up on you." :P

When I was around 10 years old, I always asked for a second helping at the school cafeteria. Unlike poor little Oliver, I got my helping without the slightest frowning... :roll:

MudandStars
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 3:02 am

Ummm my autistic brother and I both drank loads of milk as kids but we never really ate loads.... I am more likely to get so caught up in what I'm doing that I forget to eat than I am to stuff my face... unless I'm at a buffet or something cause I like getting my money's worth lol.

?Two men looked through prison bars; one saw mud and the other stars.? Frederick Langbridge

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 3:17 am

Usually eating loads of food is a symptom of having too much time, having too much food, having very high metabolism, too much boredom or lots of exercises. :D If you don't get fatter from eating those food then it means you should be eating that much anyway. I tend to eat a lot when I'm bored and have too much time, but it seems my body maintain the same weight regardless of if I eat a lot or just a little. I don't seem to lose weight even when I get sick.