I'm XX years old, unemployed, and Aspie. Add your name here

Page 10 of 10 [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 1:01 pm

26, got a job just today and thinking of quitting next week 8O (does it count? :lol: )

floodwater
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Sep 2017, 5:07 pm

19 year old unemployed aspie

while 19 sounds young, i've been off and on homeless since i was 16, only ever held a job once and only for a week and a half. dropped out of high school and got my GED at 17.

i want to go to college but i gotta find somewhere to live first, which means i need money, which means i need a job, which means i need a place to live. ugh.

SilverOwl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Sep 2017, 1:45 am

I amthe same age as the first poster 20 and I am unemployed but I worked a little bit in an office once. I try to get more jobs now but I have to have experience in retail. And now my DLA has been stopped by the government so that isn't very good for me because I liked and needed that money

blacklucas42
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Sep 2017, 4:42 am

22, and I've had over 10 jobs in my life, all of which were temporary contracts because nobody wants to keep employees anymore. As Bradbury said, this is 'the age of the disposable tissue', where people get thrown away.

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2017, 6:53 pm

I was until Wednesday a 54 unemployed Aspie

BBC: Radio 4

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Sep 2017, 12:16 am

32 unemployed since I was 23 in 2008. Economy went to crap and there were several years I did not even look. Just lived at home but now I'm trying to get back into it. It's hard when you have such a big gap in employment. :(

CraigD
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Sep 2017, 3:55 pm

32 unemployed aspie on disability. Seeking career change into IT bc the government is funding education/helping gain relevant on-the-job experience.

Oathdagger96
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Sep 2017, 9:41 pm

I'm 21 years old, unemployed, and an Aspie

I'm looking for a part-time job currently, but I know I won't have it for long. I am currently aspiring for a career in Pro Wrestling, so I plan on using a job to help pay for training, gear, and a gym membership. I don't think I'll be in the workforce for long, after that I'm going to try and wrestle full-time. I have a place I can go to live currently, my great grandmother's old house (she passed away last year). I don't know how to drive so I'm going to have to learn how soon.

MissxVenomxPoison
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Oct 2017, 1:43 am

25, Unemployed and Aspergers,

Resigned from my job at Tim Horton's because I was mentally falling apart there. I also aspire to be a makeup artist and fashion designer as well as burlesque dancer but my parents don't want me to do any of those things because of my disability and my weight... I don't know what to do. It hurts to be told "Tazia, you can't do that stuff, it's not a realistic goal" yet seeing neurotypicals get to have that stuff while the only thing that I have to look forward to is being a cleaning lady...

I am very truly sorry if I offend anyone with my rant. I know lots of us struggle to find work...I'm just really frustrated because it'll be my 26th birthday soon and I don't feel like I've done what I wanted to do.

MarissaKay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Oct 2017, 7:49 am

I'm 23 years old, Unemployed, and have Asperger's.

Here's the beauty of it: I've never had the opportunity to learn how to drive while growing up (very long story). I'd be capable of it, but I have to have a job before I can start learning. My dad won't give me lessons until I'm employed, and I also can't have a car without money, but I've recently moved to an area (after a tragedy) where I can't exactly have a good job without a car. That leaves me applying for stuff on a terrible and unreliable bus route or within walking distance from my apartment. Here's what that leaves me with:

1. Jobs that I have no choice but to turn down because they would keep me later than the bus route and they're too far for me to walk home from.
2. Fast food jobs that I keep getting turned down for because I'm overqualified. Nobody is going to hire someone at a fast food place when the candidate has a couple of years of customer service, tech, and sales jobs in their employment history- I have actually had a Taco Bell manager look at me like I was crazy for wanting a position because my past jobs had a higher salary than even HER job (she actually said that to me during the interview).

Oh, and I have a dad and stepmother (currently paying my bills and apartment until a deadline) who think the fact that I don't have a job is MY fault because I'm "not trying hard enough"! Yay! I'm currently in the process to get disability because of my recent PTSD diagnosis, and they also hate that.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 9:09 am

I'm about to be 27, and quitted just today but was given two more weeks. I hate being a lawyer and regret not quitting first year so much. My parents insisted that i finish and because of that i wasted 4 whole years.. I wish i studied accounting instead..