Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 8:12 pm

NeantHumain wrote:
91 wrote:
There are such things as legitimate secrets.

All right, since there are no legitimate secrets, please provide the forum with these pieces of information:
  • Real name
  • Real location (geocoordinates and address, not "Australia")
  • Mother's maiden name
  • Credit card number and expiration date
I understand if you do not wish to divulge this information, but not doing so does refute your own argument.

You might wanna read what he said one more time more carefully.

He said that "there ARE such things as legitimate secrets."

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 8:36 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:

Quote:
I recall one time in history when someone revealed what had been said in The Pentagon and it wasn't pretty.

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.” - George Orwell

Just leave it at that and be greatful that it’s our pentagon........that is IF you're an American.
:D

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 10:24 pm

NeantHumain wrote:
91 wrote:
There are such things as legitimate secrets.

All right, since there are no legitimate secrets, please provide the forum with these pieces of information:
  • Real name
  • Real location (geocoordinates and address, not "Australia")
  • Mother's maiden name
  • Credit card number and expiration date
I understand if you do not wish to divulge this information, but not doing so does refute your own argument.

Duh?

91 specifically stated that there ARE such things as legitimate secrets, yet you seemed to see the opposite claim.

Do you ever read what other people post?

For the record, this is probably the first time (in quite a while, anyway) that 91 and I agree on anything.

Come to think of it, this may also be the first time that NaturalPlastic and I agreed on anything, as well.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 11:47 pm

Hey, isn't the government the first to say that "If you've done nothing wrong you should have nothing to hide" ?

I for one don't think this discussion matters. We are heading to an age in which it will be basically impossible to hide stuff. Regardless of whether you like it or not, or whether you are a guy, a corporation or the government.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 11:26 am

Master_Pedant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
The Pentagon is the hedquarters of the United States Department of Defense. In The Pentagon people talk about things that everyone else isn't supposed to know. You aren't allowed bringing recording devices into sensitive areas of The Pentagon. You aren't even allowed to bring Furbies into sensitive areas of The Pentagon because they can record what they hear and repeat it. What could they be trying to hide from us?

None of your G___-D_____ business.

Wow, Fnord once again epitomizes his characteristic logical streak. What an institution FUNDED BY THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, whose actions EFFECT PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD, and whose actions are done IN THE NAME OF THE SECURITY OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, does is not the business of the American People nor that of foreigners whose action it effect?

And, hey, since you're all against "wealth (re)distribution", why the hell don't you have a problem with the government REDISTRIBUTING CIVILLAN WEALTH towards the Pentagon?

This said, I do think one could make a valid or near-valid argument that some of the things the Pentagon does is best kept secret. But Fnord certainly doesn't (as usual).
Maybe things are kept secret within the Pentagon because an institution FUNDED BY THE AMERICAN PEOPLE contains information THAT CAN BE USED AGAINST THE AMERICAN PEOPLE?