Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2011, 5:07 pm

DeaconBlues wrote:
It's all games, and they can all be fun - but trying to insist that one type of video game is better than another is silly.

I understand (I hope) the intent behind what you're saying, but you're wrong. Even if we take things at the simplest level - "is the player having fun, yes, fine, it's a good game" - the truth is that some games are still better than others and some game systems - I'm not talking about computers and consoles here, but any possible combination of systems you might compare - are better than others. Especially when you look at video gaming in its entirety, from start to present - a few games stand the test of time, but by and large more people find modern games enjoyable than find old games enjoyable and by and large more people find games with good graphics better than games without. And so on. And talking about time is very relevant in the case of consoles - again, not necessarily talking consoles and computers but any combination of consoles you want to compare - because they stay fairly fixed in terms of specs; it's usually only trivial stuff like the HDD that changes. All this "Nth generation" stuff; they come on the scene and they're relatively up-to-date, but because the industry changes fast they're obsolete quickly.

Or in short, "why do people want to buy new machines, or replace one machine with another, if they think they can have as much fun on any machine?" :)

The year is still young.

xSuPeRxCeJaYx
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Sep 2011, 8:12 am

Doesn't matter what kinda "Game or Video Game" you play a Gamer is a Gamer.
Its all about having to make what you do sound better then what so n so does. But in the whole pic wether you play The Sims , Call of Duty , or Facebook Games. If you play a game for more than 10 minutes your a gamer lol.

Steam : http://steamcommunity.com/id/supercejay/
Xbox Live: Mz CeJaY 420
PS3 : Mz_CeJaY_420

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2011, 9:37 am

DeaconBlues wrote:
Tell your neighbor that an old-school gamer uses pencil, paper, graph paper (for maps), and lots of oddly-shaped dice (although only barbarians and Steve Jackson use 12-sided dice!). Unless he knows what a d20 is, and what it can be used for, he's a video gamer. :p

:)

Lol there can't be many of those left... dying breed.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2011, 11:03 am

Venger wrote:
I actually sit quite close to my Sony 36" CRT-HDTV when playing video games. My eyes are about 4 ft. from the screen.

I never said more games were released for video game consoles. I meant a lot of PC games are multi-platform for game consoles too. Another thing I like better about video game consoles is that the developers know the exact hardware they are working with(unlike PCs), so the games run more smoothly most of the time especially the frame-rate.

Okay, first, DUDE! Nice TV!

Second, one of the things I used to enjoy most about gaming on a PC (when I had time and money) was tweaking my game rig to make it play my favorite games perfectly.

I also loved modding, hacking, and making custom cheats and bug fixes, etc...