Proof that aspies can have successful relationships

Page 1 of 12 [ 186 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 1:03 pm

I've never loved anybody like that in my entire life than how I love my other half, we literally understand each other, we can pretty much read each other like a book and what more will happen... I just want to prove to people that anyone who thinks love is impossible just because your different, it's not true because it is possible, just love being who you are and your time will come, it happened to me. ♥

It is all possible, just don't rush... There's more I could add to it.

SBI. :wink:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 1:17 pm

I've been with my husband for four years now. There is also Laine Holliday Willey so she has proved it before me. She has been married for years and years to her husband.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 1:18 pm

Awww.

I feel the same way about my love. :heart:

DC
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 1:34 pm

14 years of blissful happiness here and still going strong.

I asked her to do the Aspie quiz at the weekend and it was quite interesting, she is the exact opposite of me on the pretty chart you get at the end, I'm freakishly aspie and she is freakishly normal, if you put the two pictures together we make a butterfly. :)

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 1:45 pm

married just over 4 years here. :-) Been friends for about 10 years. And I thought it wasn't possible to meet a nice guy. I was wrong.

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 2:41 pm

I like this thread.

Ilka
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 3:08 pm

Well, I cannot read my Aspie husband like a book (I am NT), but I know what he likes and what not, and can predict how he is going to react to certain events. We've been together for 16 years and we love each other very much.

glasscasket
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Aug 2011, 3:40 pm

I've been happily engaged since November. My fiance and I had a few rocky moments, but we worked through them and are still going strong. Nobody else gets me like he does, and he is the sweetest and funniest guy I have ever met. He is also an awesome artist :D

cinbad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Aug 2011, 3:46 pm

I love someone who is aspie, but my aspie-ness got in the way before I realized I was aspie. Now that I understand what it is, I know why it didn't work. Both of us had on our "NT" faces with each other. When the meltdowns came (not at the same time) from holding it for too long, we thought that it was time to leave. The other person wasn't happy. Now we just keep interpreting everything negatively.

How do I turn this around? We lasted for 5 months and I can't get him out of my head. He opened up my world and changed my life without even knowing it. I did tell him I was aspie, but maybe he might be fully autistic. I know his is more severe than mine. But I don't know if he really cares about me enough to let me in. He has alcohol problems too.

It is enough that he would still be my friend and he has told me he would be. But we could be so much more. He is the only man that can give me enough space to be myself. He also has no expectations from me other than that. He accepted me for who I am. As I did him. Until my meltdown. (I wonder if he knows about meltdowns)

MountZion
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Aug 2011, 3:51 pm

I was having a bit of a crappy day till I read this :D

Nice to see a happy thread!!

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 3:54 pm

While I would actually prefer to be in this thread, it's still nice to read it.

Congratulations, all! :)

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 5:03 pm

Congratulations to those of you who have made successful relationships.
I have yet to meet someone who can read me or understand me, so maybe I am not cut out to be with another aspie, as all three of my relationships so far have been with such and have failed miserably, lol.

Thom_Fuleri
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 5:19 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
Congratulations to those of you who have made successful relationships.

Ten years now. :D

Quote:
I have yet to meet someone who can read me or understand me, so maybe I am not cut out to be with another aspie, as all three of my relationships so far have been with such and have failed miserably, lol.

It takes time for someone to adapt to you. My NT partner still doesn't always understand me.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 5:27 pm

but I am a relationship-proof.

Chrissy1993
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Aug 2011, 10:35 pm

This thread does most defiantetly give me much hope and optimism about my relationship with my boyfriend. We haven't haven't had that much trouble. We have been talking about getting engaged in another 6 months or by the time I get out of college to make sure we are right for each other, but this is only because he's parents had gotten a divorce when he was a teenager, and he doesn't want to go through the same pain again. I am still a little clueless on how some his symptoms affect him, but it won't stop me from learning. I love him very much, and I wanted to thank you for starting this thread.

sagan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 10:57 pm

Henbane wrote:
I like this thread.

Me too. :)