Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

KingLes98
Raven
Raven

24 Aug 2011, 3:44 am

I smoke a lot, My drinking diet consists of beer and pop (I drink water when I have my health on the brain), and my only exercise is going for walks (which to my credit, is quiet a lot.)

MudandStars
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2011, 5:22 am

So you need motivation to have a more active and healthy lifestyle? or what do you want motivation for...

?Two men looked through prison bars; one saw mud and the other stars.? Frederick Langbridge

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2011, 11:06 am

So you smoke, drink soda, and are an under-aged drinker.
Just reading that makes me cringe.

to his Interest."

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2011, 12:12 am

Find a sport you like, and do it a lot. Try to get good at it. For me, it was ice skating, and eventually I started figure skating. Figure skating takes a long long time to get good, and you need to be in shape to do it. I want to be good. See where this goes?

When I first started ice skating in March, I was 215 pounds, now I'm 180, and my blood pressure went from 150/90 to 115/45, and I dropped 4 inches at least in pants waist sizes. Even my shoe size went down like half a size or so.

If you're doing something you like, it's easy to motivate yourself to take the steps to get better at it. For me also, it took me doing "free" things to lose weight, like drinking water instead of soda, that sorta thing, but losing weight I knew would help me do what I wanted to do, that's why I even cared at all. If losing weight or having a better diet won't help you do what you want to do, you won't be very motivated to do it. Losing weight, for example, wouldn't help me terribly much for just my daily going online all day or something, so I didn't care to lose weight. If you're doing something athletic, though, you'll find that smoking cigarettes and drinking beer and soda all the time won't be advantageous for you.

Just start something, no matter how silly it seems, just try something. I mean, if someone told me in March my trip to the skating rink on a whim of "man, I haven't been skating since like middle school..." would go this far, I'd have laughed in their face. You don't know until you try.

That's my advice, find yourself a more immediate motivation and push yourself to accomplish that goal, and then things will fall into line more.

For me personally, though, I believe God helped an incredible amount, not really anything like, feeding the 5000 miraculous, but it's still really cool. Maybe the whole "Acknowledge him in all your ways, and he will direct your path." I find it funny how Christians profess that they have faith of eternal salvation of their souls, but don't trust God to help them in trivial matters.

Nadir
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Sep 2011, 12:59 am

I think God has nothing to do with this, mainly because you can't substitute one addiction with another, don't quit smoking to go to church please, that makes no sense. One affects you lungs, but the other affects your brain directly.

Other than that, what the believer said is right. Try stuff, and one important thing to keep in mind: find a reason to do it, doesn't matter which one it is. One could be because you want to be the best at something, who knows, or because it brings you close to nature... or can make your consciousness awake...

Oh and drink Diet Coke, I drink 2 cans per day, and if without caffeine even better!

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2011, 1:01 am

You need to motivate yourself. Understand what changes need to be made, and set your mind into motion. Let it be a top priority and change. That's how I overcame bad habits.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2011, 6:09 am

Nadir wrote:
I think God has nothing to do with this, mainly because you can't substitute one addiction with another, don't quit smoking to go to church please, that makes no sense. One affects you lungs, but the other affects your brain directly.

Other than that, what the believer said is right. Try stuff, and one important thing to keep in mind: find a reason to do it, doesn't matter which one it is. One could be because you want to be the best at something, who knows, or because it brings you close to nature... or can make your consciousness awake...

Oh and drink Diet Coke, I drink 2 cans per day, and if without caffeine even better!

I'm not so sure about diet Coke. Again, this is from personal experience. My mom used to buy only diet Coke for a while as a kid, and it'd end up being the only flavored drink in the house at one point. I'd get headaches, and lots of palpitations and general bad feeling. I thought it was from the caffeine, but then I drank a pot of coffee and was perfectly fine. I drank a noncaffeinated thing with aspartame, same thing happened. So I took out aspartame, no more palpitations, no more headaches, etc, ever since. Every other artificial sweetener I'm fine with, though. There's alot of stuff online about aspartame, about how it metabolizes, etc. I wonder if I was "allergic" or if everyone else is just crazy and drinks the stuff regardless. Still, I think having aspartame in anything is a terrible idea.

Kvornan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Sep 2011, 5:23 am

Chew gum or eat candy instead of smoking

Try jogging rather than going for walks. Save walks for commuting

And as for coke, try drinking water or juice(natural stuff, mind you!) instead.

Good luck ;-)

Christopherwillson
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2011, 7:28 am

seems like you need a little SHOCK!! !! :wink:
you just gotta say that you care about yourself and prefer a long healthy life over delicious unhealthy stuff,
try to drink water like you drink soda and beer and drink beer and soda like you used to drink water, turn over your cycle.

go for a 30 minute walk a day(which is enough cardio/sport for a day.
try to have more greens on your plate and you'll feel a big difference.

GOOD LUCK!!
i went from soda addiction and an unhealthy diet to full water drinker and vegan myself, you can sure do it!

Aspie score: 182-200

Don't know what to say.