College-commutor Qs, studying on campus at beginning of day

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Infoseeker
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Aug 2011, 7:46 am

I hate taking classes at 8:30 or 9:30am because i feel I am being rushed to school in the morning.
However, I still end up at college at those times due to commuting.
I cannot get myself to study during this free-time for I always end up dreading school every morning; ending up reaching school really tired (even sleepy) and anxious.

I know this is a good time for me to study by the days where i have felt better about myself; studying then was very successful.

After classes, I am very tired; and can only think about rewarding myself. So it is almost impossible to get me to study after school, beyond doing homework.

Any advice?

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 10:32 am

There's a more-or-less deserted part of one of the campus libraries that I usually go to. There's plenty of books on various topics, if I'm in the mood for that, or I can find a place to sit where I'm completely alone. I don't usually end up studying in the library, but it's quiet and nearly deserted, so it's very relaxing.

I tend to be wiped out after school, even if the classes are easy, simply because the campus is so crowded. I usually end up doing homework/studying in the evening, after I've had time to recover.

Also, sometimes you get larger/longer term assignments, which you can put off 'till the weekend. That's also a good time for reading ahead in the textbook (if your textbook is actually useful for the class).