Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

iceveela
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Aug 2011, 1:33 am

"My mind is like a jigsaw puzzle and the pieces are all over the place"- Law and Order; SVU.

This is exactly how I picture my mind if I were to open it up.

Not all the time, but quite a bit of it. I get pieces of the puzzle, but most of them are missing. especially during school, but everywhere.

Its like I have Hypergraphia of the mind!

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 1:40 am

I'm fairly straight minded myself, but when I do think about things of interest I'll pull in seemingly random bits of information, it's almost like my subconscious gleans some significance to whatever it is.

Fatal-Noogie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: California coast, United States of America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Cosmos

26 Aug 2011, 1:44 am

I can relate.
In fact this totally reminds me of a sketch I did earlier to express what takes place in my mind ...
http://fatal-noogie.deviantart.com/art/ ... -252131358

Sometimes my mind doesn't so much feel like a puzzle, but more like a circuit board,
with molten solder dripping in and creating shorts, and rats gnawing at other cables creating gaps. And an unpaid intern swapping the wires out of spite. :x

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 2:00 am

Yeah, pretty much. Just add a bunch of smoke to that picture, and maybe a few explosions going off. My mind is like a Michael Bay movie.

Oddly enough, I hate that guy's movies.

iceveela
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Aug 2011, 2:28 am

I wanted to see if I could do hypergraphia, it started out as fun... but then I found myself unable to stop. most of this is completely unreadable. So yeah, a looks into a very small portion of my thoughts...

srry, idk how to resize the image...

LuxoJr
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Aug 2011, 4:15 am

Oh. That picture just made me stim a little.

Words... everywhere... and, like, not on the lines...

Yeah... my mind is a bit more like a warehouse full of filing cabinets lined up alphabetically and separated into different sections by category. And the insides of the filing cabinets are also alphabetical and categorized. And the papers containing all the information are justified and fit into one-inch margins and set in Helvetica...

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 5:09 am

Nah puzzles are too neat for me. I mean like all the pieces are the same size and they fit in together predictably. Mine feels more like my room really. Some parts are neat and organized, but most parts are a random jumble of stuff piled on top of other stuff. I know the general directions of everything but it always takes some digging to find what I want. Sometimes things go missing but I'm rarely bothered, with the big mess that's expected. They'll eventually turn up. I just found a lock of my baby's hair from his first haircut, and he's 10. :D My brain behaves similarly. It often freeze when I need some information, but occasionally I suddenly remember something I learned years ago (and never realized that I memorized it). i.e. Just a few days ago I started singing a song I heard about 25 years ago and liked but didn't remember the words. Amazingly this time I did know the lyrics. Isn't that weird? All those years you didn't think you know, and then suddenly some deeper memory came out and you actually did know it?

OrangeCloud
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Aug 2011, 5:14 am

This might sound odd, but I felt similar to this until I started talking to myself. I've got to the stage where I go off into the woods and have full on conversations with myself and it really helps me structure my thoughts and gain a better sense of purpose and direction.

As well as giving myself much needed personal space as I live in a really crowded environment.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 7:59 am

The problem I have with a pile of puzzle pieces is it has no organization and it implies an incoherent jumble.

My mind is organized. It is organized DIFFERENTLY. It is complex and detailed and excruciatingly hard to communicate. But it is not an incoherent mess.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 8:19 am

This is my brain:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50zKoVoj4F4[/youtube]

LostUndergrad9090
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 8:31 am

i'd say my head is on pretty straight. doing things in order sucks though.

Dingo7
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Aug 2011, 8:44 am

I can definitely relate...

However if i was to see my mind as a picture... it wouldn't be an incomplete jigsaw puzzle... but it would be a complete picture... and this picture would become blurry, fuzzy and abstract... continuously going in and out of focus depending on whats going through my mind...

I dont think my own or anyone elses picture would ever become 100% clear to them...

Thats how i imagine it anyway...

Swordfish210
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Aug 2011, 9:54 am

I see my brain more as a room from an old mansion filled to the brim with all this random stuff like in those search pictures. So yeah, I can relate.

Sherlock Holmes in The Sign Of Four (1890), ch. 6

strangethingie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Aug 2011, 10:05 am

I see my brain as a junk draw where everything is just crammed in. Just a total unorganized mess really!! :D 8O

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

26 Aug 2011, 11:21 am

I'm just a trash can filled with gaming manuals. :P

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 1:51 pm

My mind is like a time machine that was left behind in 1966 because it broke down. I embrace and celebrate that. :)