Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 8:18 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
The whole reason I limited myself to other Aspies was to avoid this type of situation.

Tim, that's a bad move. People with aspergers are just as likely to create problems with things such as dates. With the added influencing factors of mental illness, depression and extreme social anxiety. From my experience.. and just from mine, I can say I'm more likely to bail on someone (but at least tell them first) because of the issues I have with well, everything I listed. I don't get how you think an aspie would be better with a situation involving social interaction than an NT?

(honest question).

My thinking was that an Aspie would let me know explicitly and straightforwardly if there was some sort of issue, or if a relationship or potential relationship would not work out, rather than expect me to just read their minds. While I haven't really had any issues yet, I am concerned that my difficulty in understanding a delay in or lack of response may get me in trouble in the future. For all I know, there are tons of things that would result in a delay in or lack of response.

I had a friend who promised to never disappear without a reason, and she broke her promise. I tried to talk to her about it, and it took 6 months to get a reply, and rather than treat me like a concerned friend, she acted as if I was some sort of crazy psychopath.

Knifey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Aug 2011, 8:49 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
I had a friend who promised to never disappear without a reason, and she broke her promise. I tried to talk to her about it, and it took 6 months to get a reply, and rather than treat me like a concerned friend, she acted as if I was some sort of crazy psychopath.
If i ignored you for 6 months and you still talked to me like a concerned friend i would think you were a bit psycho too.

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 11:54 am

Reminds me of this very pretty girl who dated a guy who wasn't attractive and overweight. She thought he wouldn't cheat on her. He did!

After she started seeing him all of her "friends" decided he was some sort of conquest.

Never go into something expecting that because someone may have it worse off than you that they will be a certain way when that person is a human like you.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 3:45 pm

Knifey wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
If i ignored you for 6 months and you still talked to me like a concerned friend i would think you were a bit psycho too.

It was because she made that promise that I thought she still wanted to be my friend. Yet she went from being very open to being very secretive in the months preceding that, and I can't think of anything I could have done or said that precipitated that kind of change.

And she did apologize for the delay, and she mentioned that she was super busy with other stuff, and wouldn't be able to talk nearly as much as in the past. She wasn't angry at me, and did not cut contact with me or anyone else.

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 1:20 am

Well, I hope it gets resolved. But FWIW, I barely use my phone and mixed up days I was supposed to meet someone and this guy had thought the same thing. He came up to me looking very put out but he didn't say anything rude. I told him I got the days mixed up and we had a good laugh and ended up still going out.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 4:58 am

She could have forgotten or something could have happened. I would call her the next day or so and ask her what happened because she didn't show up and see what excuse she has.

mesona
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Aug 2011, 7:05 am

Still not sure what is going on. She said she lost her phone. said we are still good but when I asked about the trip she was so happy for us to be going to she said she is still going and ill see her there but she has no cash to buy stuff so she is just going to see friends. but nothing about us together or anything.

Knifey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Aug 2011, 8:10 am

she's not going with you. she's going to be spending time with other people. mmmmmm......... pretty hard to extrapolate any romantic interest there. she didn't even ask if you wanted to meet up and hang out with her group 8O

mesona
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Aug 2011, 3:27 pm

no she just said "you'll see me there but since I wont be buyhing anything I wont need to have a room"(meaning she's getting a room in a diffferent hotel the the con)

I get the hint she dumped me like an NT(meaning not to my face)