What do you remember from September 11?

Page 5 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

anandamide
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2006, 2:54 pm

I remember when the newsbreak came on TV. I immediately called my mother to tell her. We felt really bad for the people in the towers. It was overwhelming, and still is when I think about those poor people caught in the tower. We were afraid of what the US was going to do in retaliation, we assumed there would be a world war.

Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2006, 12:04 pm

no offence but it wasn't much different or spectacular to any other day of my life, I'm always hearing about horrible things people are doing to each other..

What shocked me more than anything I've ever seen or heard, was a video I saw of a man decapitating someone while screaming the name of allah, the guy was tied up, helpless, it made me sick and I was quite upset for a day or two.

I'm not prejudice against any particular race or anything, I just can't believe whats happening in the world in the name of revenge.

nina
Raven
Raven

30 Oct 2006, 4:43 pm

I was in the waiting room of my doctor's office for a check up to see if they were going to induce my labor that day. I had listened to a tape in my car that morning and had no idea what had happened. As terrible as it sounds all I could think of was "Please, God, don't let my daughter be born today". My son was born on the anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing and I didn't want my daughter's birthday to be a remembrance of a horrible event. She was born September 15, 2001.

manalitwist
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2006, 9:46 pm

It reminded me of another terrorist attack, equally as bad...10 years before- the al Amiryah air raid shelter in Baghdad wherein American jets smart bombed 800 women and children, melting them to the walls and killing all. Hours before Valentines day..

Interestingly, the start of sanctions which killed 2 million was begun on the anniversary of the nuclear attack on Hiroshima.

Last edited by manalitwist on 31 Oct 2006, 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2006, 2:06 am

Yes it gets to me, but I still don't know if the issue is really whether we "allow" them to be a certain system of government or not..

Shouldn't the real issue be why are we even taking part in problems that aren't ours?

Yes safeguarding the future, that involves better education, especially because a lot of younger people now think the middle east is full of anti-peace terrorists, everywhere you go...

I understand sending troops to aid a government, I understanding accepting people in, or helping people escape their country. What I don't understand is the war was jusftified first as a retaliation, then as a hunt for weapons, then as a removal of a dictator..

If we follow the same guidelines, america has made unjust attacks, america has way too many WPD's.... But would I suggest to attack them?

No because forcing people to change, or telling them our system of government is better, or telling them its for their own good, does not help them!! !