Page 4 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Age: 52
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,148

30 Aug 2011, 8:57 pm

Zeraeph wrote:
Marcia wrote:

There is no such thing as a "UK system" for education or health. My son has a Co-ordinated Support Plan in terms of the Education (Additional Support for Learning)(Scotland) Act 2004. A diagnosis of Asperger's is not essential for this, but does, as I pointed out earlier, make it easier as the diagnosis is a form of shorthand.


Sorry, slip of the keyboard...I meant the English and Welsh system...where a Statement of needs is an near exact equivalent of the Scottish Co-ordinated Support Plan - I am really surprised you did not know that?


I'm surprised that you're surprised. I live in Scotland. Why should I know the details of the system in England and Wales, or Italy or Poland for that matter?

"Prove it!" :lol: A pretty childish way of expressing yourself, but each to their own.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1258532.stm

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_i ... 3630186002



Zeraeph
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Aug 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 592

30 Aug 2011, 9:15 pm

Marcia wrote:
"Prove it!" :lol: A pretty childish way of expressing yourself, but each to their own.


Ok, I'll go with your "grown up" version then:
I dislike it when people make sweeping and dramatic statements without backing them up with any evidence. Unless you provide any evidence I'll disregard your comments as irrelevant and meaningless.

Marcia wrote:


...and a 2001 bbc opinion piece and an agenda driven, self-published facebook note (I could dredge up facebook notes that say the moon is made of green cheese and Adolf Hitler is alive and well and in a civil union with Elvis!) is not evidence of anything, let alone that you have:

Marcia wrote:
spent time with children in nurture groups in one primary school in Glasgow and there was never any suggestion that they were autistic. Their particular circumstances and needs were recognised for what they were. In that school I did come across one boy who did have a diagnosis of autism and he was not in a nurture group because his needs were different and being met by people who work with autistic children.


You know something? I don't think you and I get on very well do we?

I think it is probably best we do not engage any more, don't you?



Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Age: 52
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,148

30 Aug 2011, 9:22 pm

Zeraeph wrote:
Marcia wrote:
"Prove it!" :lol: A pretty childish way of expressing yourself, but each to their own.


Ok, I'll go with your "grown up" version then:
I dislike it when people make sweeping and dramatic statements without backing them up with any evidence. Unless you provide any evidence I'll disregard your comments as irrelevant and meaningless.

Marcia wrote:


...and a 2001 bbc opinion piece and an agenda driven, self-published facebook note (I could dredge up facebook notes that say the moon is made of green cheese and Adolf Hitler is alive and well and in a civil union with Elvis!) is not evidence of anything, let alone that you have:

Marcia wrote:
spent time with children in nurture groups in one primary school in Glasgow and there was never any suggestion that they were autistic. Their particular circumstances and needs were recognised for what they were. In that school I did come across one boy who did have a diagnosis of autism and he was not in a nurture group because his needs were different and being met by people who work with autistic children.


You know something? I don't think you and I get on very well do we?

I think it is probably best we do not engage any more, don't you?


I make my own decisions about which posts I respond to or who I engage with. If you don't want to reply to my posts then that's your decision to make.



Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Age: 52
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,148

30 Aug 2011, 9:26 pm

Zeraeph wrote:


... is not evidence of anything, let alone that you have:

Marcia wrote:
spent time with children in nurture groups in one primary school in Glasgow and there was never any suggestion that they were autistic. Their particular circumstances and needs were recognised for what they were. In that school I did come across one boy who did have a diagnosis of autism and he was not in a nurture group because his needs were different and being met by people who work with autistic children.




Oh, I missed this bit. You seriously think I can provide evidence for my own personal experience of individual children in a Glasgow Primary School! Really?!



Zeraeph
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Aug 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 592

30 Aug 2011, 9:28 pm

Marcia wrote:
I make my own decisions about which posts I respond to or who I engage with. If you don't want to reply to my posts then that's your decision to make.


Well actually it is *NOT* up to you whether you engage with me...because that is something that cannot happen without my consent and participation...which will not be forthcoming...and I cannot imagine any worthwhile reason why you would seek to force the issue. :D



Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Age: 52
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,148

30 Aug 2011, 9:31 pm

Zeraeph wrote:
Marcia wrote:
I make my own decisions about which posts I respond to or who I engage with. If you don't want to reply to my posts then that's your decision to make.


Well actually it is *NOT* up to you whether you engage with me...because that is something that cannot happen without my consent and participation...which will not be forthcoming...and I cannot imagine any worthwhile reason why you would seek to force the issue. :D


But you just did.

This'll be the last time, then?

*sniff* :cry:



Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jul 2011
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,725

31 Aug 2011, 5:12 am

Zeaeph, can you quit making sniping remarks all the time?



Zeraeph
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Aug 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 592

31 Aug 2011, 6:34 am

Gedrene wrote:
Zeaeph, can you quit making sniping remarks all the time?


No, I am afraid there is nothing I can do to stop you making sniping remarks all the time...nor even to discourage you from deploying a long wooden spoon to stir the pot, but I have made a very sincere suggestion on another thread that may help you overcome both compulsions - regardless, I think you will like it. :D



Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jul 2011
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,725

01 Sep 2011, 3:17 am

Zeraeph wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
Zeaeph, can you quit making sniping remarks all the time?


No, I am afraid there is nothing I can do to stop you making sniping remarks all the time...nor even to discourage you from deploying a long wooden spoon to stir the pot, but I have made a very sincere suggestion on another thread that may help you overcome both compulsions - regardless, I think you will like it. :D

Your sincere suggestions have included saying not to be angry when I haven't, women are right: men are wrong and your age determines your wisdom. I doubt you are going to come up with anything mad-shattering unless it is mind-shatteringly bad. Here's some sound advice. Quit sniping other people and thinking it's clever discourse. You hunker down in to a paranoid attitude whenever anyone even slightly grates you.



Zeraeph
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Aug 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 592

01 Sep 2011, 6:45 am

What Gedrene is doing at this time is called:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projection_(psychology)

Engaging with silly mind games like this is always a really bad idea.



Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jul 2011
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,725

01 Sep 2011, 12:46 pm

Zeraeph wrote:
What Gedrene is doing at this time is called:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projection_(psychology)

Engaging with silly mind games like this is always a really bad idea.

Since when did I make a message that said there was no point talking to you any more and then make another message afterwards? That is manipulation and you did it. Also it's nice to see that you allege that everyone else is doing what you are doing, another example of that manipulation you accused in aghogday. As for sniping remarks, I doubt anything I said was a snipe because I don't end all of my comments with weak sardonic jabs like this one:
Zeraeph wrote:
Engaging with silly mind games like this is always a really bad idea.

Of course just saying I do silly mind games without actually showing how I do is a really easy way for you to get people to judge me without any sort of justification.

Since a wide spectrum of people are finding themselves on the wrong side of you I can see why you might find being around other people unpleasant because they most certainly would have felt the same about you with your accusatory personality.

I'd like you to quote me if you want to actually prove something about me Zeraeph and give a reason for why you said something because otherwise you can just make up loads of rubbish each post, although someone would have to be bone-idle to not be able to see right through you.

You have a severe obsession with fighting people you don't like, one that makes you a hypocrite. In your PMs to me you say that Wikipedia is run by people 'like aghogday' as an excuse when I used a wikipedia link. Yet when you need an excuse to demonise people you use wikipedia links. Another piquant observation is when you say that I shouldn't be engaging in psychological banter as it makes me sound absurd, yet you are more than ready to proclaim psychological faults in people you dislike in order to grab at some mad need for self-justification.



ci
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,546
Location: Humboldt County, California

01 Sep 2011, 1:11 pm

:lol: :D 8O :o :?


_________________
The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com


Zeraeph
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Aug 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 592

01 Sep 2011, 1:41 pm

What Gedrene is now expanding his behaviour into an area called:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attention_seeking

:roll:



Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Age: 52
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,148

01 Sep 2011, 2:12 pm

Zeraeph wrote:
What Gedrene is now expanding his behaviour into an area called:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attention_seeking

:roll:


I suspect I'm not the only person who considers that you may be ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusional_disorder

... delusional!

Grandiose, methinks.



Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jul 2011
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,725

01 Sep 2011, 2:58 pm

Zeraeph wrote:
What Gedrene is now expanding his behaviour into an area called:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attention_seeking

:roll:

Attention seeking by attacking your blathering on about how I have various psychological problems. Right. Also the above post is correct. You are delusional and harsh about critics, as in grossly arrogant.



Zeraeph
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Aug 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 592

01 Sep 2011, 2:59 pm

I think what Marcia is doing now is so obvious it would be downright condescending to wikilink it :D

Anyway, for me to continue this way would be getting a little too close to engaging with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_abuse which is about the stupidest thing you can possible choose to do with it.

Best thing to do is ignore it completely, go and do something else...which is what I intend to do unless somebody posts something more interesting than playground level http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullying

:D