Do you miss someone right now?

Page 156 of 170 [ 2710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159 ... 170  Next

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2019, 10:22 am

I miss my best friend. He's asleep right now so I don't want to call him. :roll:

I also miss a friend who died some years ago. She was in her 80s. We were very close. She always made me laugh and I learned a lot from her.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2019, 9:54 pm

My Auntie Laura. She's not my aunt biologically, but in the honorary sense. I used to see her on any Friday at the day program I go to, but not as much as of late. Worse, the day program is closing down forever come March 15th and I don't know what to do when it comes to hanging out with her. The only time we got to hang out outside of the day program was when we saw It: Chapter I over a year and a half ago and even then I think it was mostly because it was a horror movie. I tried checking with her about hanging out at the mall, but she avoids the mall like the plague, only ever going there when she has no other choice. Unless the 2 of us wanted to go get tattoos together, I can't think of any other options.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2019, 10:11 pm

I miss raleigh

I miss the lady who taught the parenting class as even though i constantly feared n complained abt her or the class here, i realizex in the end i was wrong n highly ‘snowflake triggered’ anticipating the worst

‘constant vigilance n paranoia blocking out good vibes’

She ws actually v intelligent good at teaching n caring n efficient n smart n a good heart covered with a thorny fence.

I kind of wiah i cd be her servant ie do her menial tasks like cutting out items
Calling ppl
Confirmation
Less important but necessary tasks(lie a secretary plus assistant)

As i started liking her presence n way of thinking n i like being around intelligent plus caring people who are more successful i feel as though i need that presence n i was born to follow orders frm such ppl

I miss my dad

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2019, 10:21 pm

Quite a lot of people.

Where is Raleigh when I need Raleigh? :scratch:

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 6:54 pm

I miss my boyfriend, he asleep now. And I miss my mom, she going to be in heaven for 6 years in July, she wanted another birthday, her birthday is July 22, she share a birthday with her sister, but they are not twins.

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 11:14 pm

I miss a friend who died many years ago.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2019, 1:53 am

No, I don't need anyone anymore.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 10:47 am

I miss talking to him. I want to talk everyday now. Maybe it's just to distract me from my anxiety but there's no one like him around me and i don't think i will find anyone like him where i live.

fakkau89
Raven
Raven

24 May 2019, 9:43 am

Okay so a couple of weeks ago I just found out my ex died.

We were touch and go for years, and I have mentioned her in this thread before. (About when I met her)

She was diabetic and I met her in hospital.

We would usually take turns dropping each other and the last time I was with her I still remember.

I don't really know how to feel, I've told one of my parents and talked it through here and there.

But just looking her up to check up on her and I found multiple obituaries and even a funeral video.

I have since tried to contact the family, to no avail.

I really don't know what to do, She was my first and only gf and I was very surprised that she grabbed my attention.

Because I was always pretty much in standoff mode and really didn't really to concentrate on getting a gf like my friends at the time.

Currently I've been on the up and up, trying to silence the voice in my head of her or anything related to her, I choose not to listen to some of the music she liked as I have pretty much been through the mourning period.

Regardless of how it turned out, She probably wanted this to happen.

She was in between study and work. She told me that she used to nick the papers for more pain meds.

I hope nothing too shady happened, as I have heard about her family from her herself and I do believe it.

Before the last news I heard she was doing some extras work on different kinds of sets.

The obituary mentioned she had a peaceful death. I can only hope so.

The point I'm at is, she was the first girl I let get close. She had her problems and so did I.

The thing that bothers me know is will I find someone similar to her?

I guess it's back to the drawing board, concentrate on myself, my health and my future.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 11:52 am

I miss my last girlfriend but not so much for us being an item, but us being friends. She is married now. I actually introduced them in a way. I called it off as though I loved her but came to the point after much prayer that she wasn't the one for me. I felt God giving me a choice. I didn't want to tell her but I had to and when I was about to she said something like "Do you still love me?" And though I do, I couldn't answer. I want the best for her and the gentleman that she married was just right. I really know that he will take great care of her.
The problem is that I wanted to keep in touch, but being over sensitive to asking that she was ok was not the best thing for her and she asked me one day not to contact her. I have left her two or three messages since as we once met when a mutual friend arranged for them (They were not married then) to come back to this area so we all met up, but though it was lovely to meet them and my mutual friend (So there were four of us) and they later asked me to go to a restauraunt and pub with them I didn't want to go as I don't like pubs and rarely ever drink, and I wanted them two to really enjoy their holiday.

It is however, the friendship of both her and her husband I really miss. I don't expect regular contact, but I only heard they were married months after the event from a mutual friend. Maybe it is better I am not in touch. I do find it very difficult to know how often to say hello or not to someone to remain friendly. I mean. Either I contact too much or too little.

Sometimes I really blame myself as I think "I should never have gone out with her". But then how does one know if it will work or not without dating? She was my second girlfriend.

The thing is, do I risk dating again in future years? Maybe. No idea. But I absolutely hate upsetting people. So I don't know.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 May 2019, 12:19 pm

Always I miss my mother, who's been gone maybe 20 years. Nothing is valid unless I can show it to her. Look, Mom, Freddie Mercury! Nothing is real if I can't share it with Mom.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2019, 1:23 am

I miss my boyfriend & I miss my mom.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2019, 1:38 am

I do, I haven't adjusted to her passing very well. I'd rather if she was alive and hated me.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2019, 12:39 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I do, I haven't adjusted to her passing very well. I'd rather if she was alive and hated me.

I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm missing talking to my crush.

Dawning_Wisdom
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jun 2019, 3:00 pm

sociable_hermit wrote:
I have a terrible habit of treating people really badly without meaning to, and then missing them like crazy when they inevitably leave.

I miss many, many ppl eople whom I wish I could have talked to properly in spite of myself.

Me too. It’s been the biggest reason I embarked on more reading and analysing my own self-diagnosis...

It seems the only people who have that all-forgiving capacity of Love for me are my parents and relatives and a handful of genuine friends.

In relationships it’s shown me how cold guys’ hearts can get. - Not all tho, it really depends on the person...

Right now I’m missing a recent romantic connection I had hoped was gonna work out. As with all of them eventually I got to a point of over-texting. Hyperfocusing and trying to go over and over what was said in other moments in the relationship.

I’m now starting to feel much more comforted just being a part of this forum actually.

I’m not sure if the guy who’s still in my heart is actually taking the time and space that I’m giving him now to chew on it, maybe read some stuff about Aspergers here and there - but I sure hope so. I hope he doesn’t give up on us (even tho already said it)...

I can understand that sense of overwhelming hopelessness some ppl must feel when they have been completely disillusioned from “falling in love” with someone on the Spectrum.

It’s not like we’re setting out to “trick” people but we are trying our best to balance between social norms (polite conversations, giving ppl space), and yet who we are and even potentially how intense we could get if u allowed us that freedom!

I think a lot of the tools ppl need is some form of awareness of healthy boundaries and how to communicate that with each other.

From what I’ve been reading on these forums it seems that it certainly helps to have a diagnosis and get some professional advice from there or even reading books with practical advice for some ways of coping.

Writing is oftentimes a form of stimming and I feel that way for sure in myself.

I guess if not this one guy I’m still sentimental about, eventually with the next one, by the time I start getting excited again, I’ll just try to remind myself to jump on here and shout it out to all of you!

Instead of coworkers or even some friends and relatives, and especially not my public social media profiles...! Lol - I think my Facebook friends tolerated my outbursts but just felt like “oh God she’s gonna get her heart broken again she’s getting too excited... *eye rolling!*”

I don’t know why writing helps so much and huge long paragraphs too, right?

Yet I feel it’s actually the most authentic form of communication for me, and my most authentic synethesizing of my life experiences.

It seems many Aspies do feel the same way. And at the same time, it’s not like I’m super keen on another Aspie for a potential partner in a relationship...

I’m not gonna say never but for now anyway, I actually have a sneaking suspicion the guy I still like is high functioning Autism...

He’s very very good at maths.

But then again he could simply be a neurotypical Guy who’s good at maths! :lol:

I get to a point in my writing then when I feel like “ok that’s enough self-indulgence for now, I’m done!” And I feel BETTER!

I really love writing and I feel like maybe I’ve finally found a more healthy outlet for it here...

:)

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2019, 10:46 pm

Yes but we find time to see each other. We'll be in touch when we get the chance to discuss our anxiety more. :) I'm greatful beyond words to know this girl.

I know I'm alarmingly different & I know we can be good for each other. I sense a resolution coming.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen: