Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

AmyF
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Aug 2011, 11:37 am

I've started watching my old favorites on VH1's website and wondered why everyone hates it so much. Maybe because it's overhyped? I don't know.

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 1:02 pm

I don't like reality tv for 2 reasons: It glorifies stupidity and stupid behavior, and it offers nothing to the viewer besides a few minutes of schadenfreude.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 1:15 pm

The fact that Jackass is the least stupid and least fake of the reality TV shows is all there needs to be said.

AmyF
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Aug 2011, 3:02 pm

johnsmcjohn wrote:
I don't like reality tv for 2 reasons: It glorifies stupidity and stupid behavior, and it offers nothing to the viewer besides a few minutes of schadenfreude.

I like it more when you just don't think about it. Though I don't really like the current shows, I stick with the late 2000s ones.

dopplercb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Aug 2011, 3:49 pm

reality tv lack creativity.

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 4:03 pm

A lot of reality TV shows I've seen is just so pointless. Like Big Brother. Why would I wanna see people living in a house for a few weeks? :lol:
Plus a lot of people who take part in these are just awful.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 4:40 pm

Why is it called reality when people are put on an island and then can get taken off the island in a helicopter if they get injured?

AmyF
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Aug 2011, 5:07 pm

thewrll wrote:
Why is it called reality when people are put on an island and then can get taken off the island in a helicopter if they get injured?

Because they don't know what else to call it. Also no one will watch it if it's called. "A bunch of dicks humiliate themselves for money."

Anyway I wish more special people liked Reality TV. Weeaboos have left me hating all anime and I feel ret*d whenever I watch the things I watched as a kid so I don't know what else to talk about when it comes to TV.

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 5:17 pm

AmyF wrote:
I've started watching my old favorites on VH1's website and wondered why everyone hates it so much. Maybe because it's overhyped? I don't know.

i watch them [sometimes] too. but unlike many americans, i dont take them seriously. i just watch them for amusement, in curious fascination.

AmyF
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Aug 2011, 5:31 pm

minervx wrote:
AmyF wrote:

i watch them [sometimes] too. but unlike many americans, i dont take them seriously. i just watch them for amusement, in curious fascination.

Awesome, I remember I used to think they were real for awhile.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 6:18 pm

The two worst reality shows are one the lottery. Two real housewives of anywhere. That show just caused a estranged husband of one of the housewives to kill himself.