Page 4 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Fraya
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2006, 5:40 pm

And dont be hateful WD we cant prove he lied only that he was incorrect.. whether his uncle lied to him about it or not we dont know and shouldnt make assumptions.

Can we move on now?

Don't do anything at all
-----------
"White Rabbit" - Jefferson Airplane

waterdogs
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2006, 5:44 pm

Listen this clown is obviously some wacko political nutjob who wants 911 to be directley connected to him somehow (i mean look at his avatar, and read his signature) thats why he said he had a relative on one of the planes.
if he was incorrect about his uncle being in the military why would his uncle tell him a lie like that?
give me a break.

Hazelwudi
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2006, 6:26 am

Rakkety_Tamm... I'll try to explain the reaction to you.

No, what happened to your uncle is NOT funny.

Nothing in the last line, taken purely by itself, is funny.

However, when you put three of the descriptors together (Bisexual, Republican, and Wiccan), and look at them that way... yes. Quite frankly, I can see why someone would think it is amusing, simply for irony value if nothing else.

Or are you unaware how the average person on the Republican's religious right feels about Wiccans and Bisexuals? 8O

14 Sep 2006, 9:40 pm

9/11 is connected to people who were invokved in it or whom lost someone they knew like friend, family member, relative, someone they knew who lost soemone in the terrorism. etc.

I am connected to it too somehow because it effected me too. I was stuck with a sub in culinary arts because my teacher was in Mexico when it happened so she was stranded down there, I was scared more buildings were going to go down and I was scared there was going to be a WWIII, and I was scared to fly for awhile and I had to overcome it soon because how else would I get to Europe if I wasn't going to fly. A boat but that take longer to get there, same with taking a train or bus to get to the Atlantic Ocean. But I got over the fear when I was 18 because my family and I (except for one of my brothers) were going to Arizona for my uncle's 50th b-day and we were flying to get down there so I got over my fear quick because there hadn't been any hijacking on planes in the USA lately since 9/11.

Think I'm lying too Waterdogs.

ooo I'm just waiting for you to accuse me of lying too. (sarcasm)

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2006, 3:44 am

Rakkety_Tamm wrote:
fight this new war, a war upon terror.

we are at war with terror. we have always been at war with terror. doubleplusgood

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2007, 10:34 pm

Terrorism is real and happening even in Iraq as We speak.

Bodorus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Sep 2007, 4:15 am

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/ this movie might be interesting for all of you.

Star
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Sep 2007, 4:33 am

Rakkety_Tamm wrote:
Five years ago, the USA was attacked by Muslim extremists,

We shall never forget....

I lost an uncle in this thoughtless act of terrorism.

He was on United Flight 93.

He is my greatest hero, for he served his country honorably in Vietnam, and gave his life saving countless others.

May the year pass by, and our days roll on, we must always keep these souls in our hearts and minds, and stand up together, Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Wiccan, Buddhist, Taoist, or any other religion, and fight this new war, a war upon terror.

Blessed Be,
May the Goddess grant Her blessing upon The U.S.A, and all those who stand up along side of us and fight with us against the horrible people who committed this horrible crime.

May the Goddess bless the USA
May the Goddess bless President Bush.

-Mathis Wrenn, Bi-sexual registered Republican Party member, Wiccan, and Patriot.

The ONLY true terrorist is Mr. Bush and as far as I can see idiot Americans voted for him twice. Sorry about your uncle but many people's uncles and sons and fathers have died ever since the No. 1 terrorist Mr. Bush took over America.

God is NOT blessing the USA. Keep your eyes open and see the 10 plagues coming down to your US. All bridges are now declared unsafe, hurricanes and tornatodes are around the corner, floods with intensify, there will be food shortage in the future as many clops were destryed due to the changing climate... funny, I don't hear any of these 'natural disasters' happening in Islam countries...

Maybe God IS giving you a sign as to WHO the true terrorists are???

Star

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

02 Sep 2007, 4:44 am

What I dislike post September 11 is the way the Australian government is trying to generate fear.

We had a ridiculous 'Terror Pack' sent out to us - a stupid booklet and fridge magnet with a 'terror hotline' to report suspicious events.

We have ads on television saying 'Report your suspicions to this hotline'. And they show pictures of unattended backpacks left lying around.

I can only imagine the amount of money spent on the Terror Pack and advertisements. Meantime we have crises in our health and education systems.

I believe our government is using fear to stay in power.

Living in fear is not a life worth living.

Helen

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 8:12 am

Star wrote:
Rakkety_Tamm wrote:

He is my greatest hero, for he served his country honorably in Vietnam, and gave his life saving countless others.

May the year pass by, and our days roll on, we must always keep these souls in our hearts and minds, and stand up together, Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Wiccan, Buddhist, Taoist, or any other religion, and fight this new war, a war upon terror.

Blessed Be,
May the Goddess grant Her blessing upon The U.S.A, and all those who stand up along side of us and fight with us against the horrible people who committed this horrible crime.

-Mathis Wrenn, Bi-sexual registered Republican Party member, Wiccan, and Patriot.

The ONLY true terrorist is Mr. Bush and as far as I can see idiot Americans voted for him twice. Sorry about your uncle but many people's uncles and sons and fathers have died ever since the No. 1 terrorist Mr. Bush took over America.

God is NOT blessing the USA. Keep your eyes open and see the 10 plagues coming down to your US. All bridges are now declared unsafe, hurricanes and tornatodes are around the corner, floods with intensify, there will be food shortage in the future as many clops were destryed due to the changing climate... funny, I don't hear any of these 'natural disasters' happening in Islam countries...

Star

You know what star! The first thing on the minds of people in the US has to be the safety of the US soil! That is what has to be from a survival standpoint. Second has to be the relative safety of the planet.

SO, if Australia got a NASTY government that hated the people in the US, and was getting ICBMs that had nuclear warheads, and aimed them at the US, an ultimatum would have to be delivered.

I picked Australia simply because I don't think anyone in the US considers them a threat in any way. The average american is probably more afraid of an animal from australia coming over in the cargo hold and hurting people or the environment, than even hearing a threat from the australian government.
So I doubt ANYTHING in the above scenario would happen, and australia would be treated better than most countries.

It ALSO means that the US has to try to limit the production of nuclear warheads. HEY, there IS a reason why the US hasn't used chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons in more than one war. They ARE illegal, and used only to enforce that ban. Don't think the US can't use any of them. It probably has more resources to create them than any two other countries combined, except maybe china.

FRANKLY, if I was president, I would have used TRUE conventional weapons and, if at war, would have obliterated the infrastructure right after the major military targets. It would have been cheaper, more serious, and more effective. If we did that with IRAQ I, we might not have had ANY of this other garbage. Then again, if we never had the SUPREME idiot, CARTER, we probably wouldn't even have had THAT! As for the idea of WMDs, there were a lot of statements earlier about weapons that could destroy other countries. So the WMDs people thought about weren't that unlikely, and bush might have been told about that.

The REAL second question is was there a connection to 911? The REAL primary question was why didn't they take out UBL?

Anyway, the US wasn't given a choice last time as to who to vote for. The system can't handle many candidates, and each party wants to win, so they pick one candidate. Because of history, belief, and funds, the only two real chances are republican and democrat. We really had no other president that would even get us THIS far besides bush. Frankly, I HATE how bush has handled these things. I hate how ALL the bushes handled it! But if you wanted to avoid it, you should have provided a better candidate.

I probably shouldn't say this, but HOW does an ADMITTEDLY illiterate kid pass down ORAL stories about OBVIOUS misunderstandings of at least 2 major religions, and have it become a third? They speak against the persecution by the other 2 and yet persecute to an even worse degree? Their text claims to have respect for the major players in the other 2 religions, yet defiles them and their ideals.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 9:16 am

A very sad day in history. My heart goes out to anyone who lost a friend or family member.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 10:51 am

Smelena wrote:
What I dislike post September 11 is the way the Australian government is trying to generate fear.

We had a ridiculous 'Terror Pack' sent out to us - a stupid booklet and fridge magnet with a 'terror hotline' to report suspicious events.

We have ads on television saying 'Report your suspicions to this hotline'. And they show pictures of unattended backpacks left lying around.

I can only imagine the amount of money spent on the Terror Pack and advertisements. Meantime we have crises in our health and education systems.

I believe our government is using fear to stay in power.

Living in fear is not a life worth living.

Helen

I am sure they learned that lesson watching the American elections. :wink: ,very effective tactic.I have been trying to warn people that there are people who are trying to return to the days of "lords and ladies" and "surfs"....guess which ones most aspies would be.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 11:27 am

peebo wrote:
Rakkety_Tamm wrote:
fight this new war, a war upon terror.

we are at war with terror. we have always been at war with terror. doubleplusgood

You said it, peebo.
kevv729 wrote:
Terrorism is real and happening even in Iraq as We speak.

True, but the perpetrators are not those you think they are. British special forces have been caught trying to stage terrorist attacks in Iraq. Don't think they always get caught. The war is not meant to be won, it is meant to be continuous, and is not fought against some external enemy, but rather is waged by the government against its own people.
2ukernkerl wrote:
It ALSO means that the US has to try to limit the production of nuclear warheads. HEY, there IS a reason why the US hasn't used chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons in more than one war. They ARE illegal, and used only to enforce that ban. Don't think the US can't use any of them. It probably has more resources to create them than any two other countries combined, except maybe china.

I laughed when I read this. The US hasn't used any chemical/biological/nuclear weapons since Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Yeah, right. Our government did not spend trillions of dollars in classified bioweapons programs just for fun. And where do you think Saddam got the nerve gas that he used on the Kurds? America was at war with Iran and at peace with Iraq. America would always be at war with Iran and at peace with Iraq, so it didn't matter if we gave Iraq weapons.
We can't demand that other nations abandon attempts to strengthen their national defense until we dismantle our own nuclear armories, cease research into weaponised smallpox and race-specific viruses, and stop aiming missiles at every country on the face of the earth and pull our troops out of the 130 countires they occupy.

Star
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Sep 2007, 11:36 am

2ukenkerl wrote:
Star wrote:
Rakkety_Tamm wrote:

Blessed Be,

Star

You know what star! The first thing on the minds of people in the US has to be the safety of the US soil! That is what has to be from a survival standpoint. Second has to be the relative safety of the planet.

SO, if Australia got a NASTY government that hated the people in the US, and was getting ICBMs that had nuclear warheads, and aimed them at the US, an ultimatum would have to be delivered.

I picked Australia simply because I don't think anyone in the US considers them a threat in any way. The average american is probably more afraid of an animal from australia coming over in the cargo hold and hurting people or the environment, than even hearing a threat from the australian government.
So I doubt ANYTHING in the above scenario would happen, and australia would be treated better than most countries.

FRANKLY, if I was president, I would have used TRUE conventional weapons and, if at war, would have obliterated the infrastructure right after the major military targets. It would have been cheaper, more serious, and more effective. If we did that with IRAQ I, we might not have had ANY of this other garbage. Then again, if we never had the SUPREME idiot, CARTER, we probably wouldn't even have had THAT! As for the idea of WMDs, there were a lot of statements earlier about weapons that could destroy other countries. So the WMDs people thought about weren't that unlikely, and bush might have been told about that.

The REAL second question is was there a connection to 911? The REAL primary question was why didn't they take out UBL?

Anyway, the US wasn't given a choice last time as to who to vote for. The system can't handle many candidates, and each party wants to win, so they pick one candidate. Because of history, belief, and funds, the only two real chances are republican and democrat. We really had no other president that would even get us THIS far besides bush. Frankly, I HATE how bush has handled these things. I hate how ALL the bushes handled it! But if you wanted to avoid it, you should have provided a better candidate.

I probably shouldn't say this, but HOW does an ADMITTEDLY illiterate kid pass down ORAL stories about OBVIOUS misunderstandings of at least 2 major religions, and have it become a third? They speak against the persecution by the other 2 and yet persecute to an even worse degree? Their text claims to have respect for the major players in the other 2 religions, yet defiles them and their ideals.

As said before ... THE IDIOT AMERICANS voted for Mr. Bush twice. IDIOTS because they don't even realize how they are being brainwashed by a LUNATIC, who is afraid of his own shadow... Protect American SOIL??? From whom? The farmers in Iraq and Afghanistan who don't even have a TV at home because they are so poor...

Stupidity has taken over the world.

Honey, if the USA gets too scary for you, come to Europe. It's safe here. No one is threatened, no one has Code Orange Inland Security, no one is living in fear.

Star

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 12:41 pm

Star wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:
Star wrote:
Rakkety_Tamm wrote:

Blessed Be,

Star

As said before ... THE IDIOT AMERICANS voted for Mr. Bush twice. IDIOTS because they don't even realize how they are being brainwashed by a LUNATIC, who is afraid of his own shadow... Protect American SOIL??? From whom? The farmers in Iraq and Afghanistan who don't even have a TV at home because they are so poor...

Stupidity has taken over the world.

Honey, if the USA gets too scary for you, come to Europe. It's safe here. No one is threatened, no one has Code Orange Inland Security, no one is living in fear.

Star

WOW! IRAN, PAKISTAN, NORTH KOREA, CHINA, ETC... don't have nuclear weapons? Those ships never got blown up? The WTC was never destroyed? WOW! And nobody can watch their TV programs?

As for Europe? NOPE, you aren't safe. Did you EVER hear about WWI or WWII? Are you aware that europe was affected perhaps many THOUSANDS of times as bad as the US? The US got a few fire bombs and spies. Europe got that AND BOMBS, GAS, ETC.... And Europe STILL has customs and all those laws, etc... Oh yeah, you guys don't have CJD or BSE anymore? Funny, I never heard about that! When did it happen?

BTW I am certainly not living in fear. Frankly, my top ten fears have NOTHING to do with foreign attacks, bombs, fires, etc.... If I was afraid of the muslim extremist morons, I would be doing what they want. Still, I DO marvel at their stupidity. If they had their own continent, and were a bit more homogenous and the half life and fallout weren't such problems, and it wasn't illegal, the bulk of their entire world could be wiped off the map(People and religious relics included). Yet they act like the US can just do NOTHING. INCREDIBLE.

As for stupid americans, etc... Frankly, I HATE the idea of this being just a popularity contest controlled by a few Political Action Committies(they aren't called that, but that is what they are), where only a few hundred people that can actually vote. I have spoken against that for DECADES! BTW Some take umbrage with the idea that only a few hundred(538 to be exact) people can vote, but it is TRUE!

Anyone here that is from california, for instance, that tells you they voted for the president is not thinking, ill informed, or a LIAR! There are only about 55 people in california that can vote for the president. The uninformed public that THINKS they are voting for president are voting for people that claim they will vote for that president. This might sound like the same thing, but makes distributions eratic, and is even WORSE with more than 2 candidates! I mean if 49% voted for A, and 51% voted for B, B would get the vote. What if 33% voted for A and 33% for B, and 34% for C? C would get the vote. The difference could be in bordering areas where a true popular vote would have made A or B the winner.

Anyway, you end up having politicians and special interests controlling EVERYTHING! They control WHO is a candidate, and they have a way to override votes. The IDEA is supposed to be that they can study and know the candidates, and keep idiots or war mongers from being elected. They don't even talk about that in school, and I doubt anyone even thinks about it. MY GOD, Even the three stooges ( http://www.threestooges.com/ ) covered this aspect better than the schools do! That is especially interesting, since the three stooges is based on three idiots trying to get by, and they always seem to think they are far smarter than they really are. Yet in one episode they decide not to vote for or nominate a guy because they determine he is crooked. That was decided even though they were there solely on the basis that they WOULD vote for him.

So HEY, don't judge us simply because we can't vote for a good president. Are you aware that most americans don't even vote? Many think it is because we are lazy, don't care, etc... NOPE! Ask most people, and they will say it is because they really CAN'T vote!

Steve

Star
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Sep 2007, 1:22 pm

Whatever Steve... let me guess you voted for Bush right???

Star