Page 5 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 2:54 pm

Has anyone noticed that 2007 will be 6 years to the exact day that 9/11 happened?
9/11 was on a Tuesday & this year's 9/11 is also on a Tuesday.
Or am I mistaken?

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 3:52 pm

Star wrote:
Whatever Steve... let me guess you voted for Bush right???

Star

I WOULD have, but I didn't. Besides, I don't REALLY vote FOR anyone, but against the others. Still, my vote wouldn't have changed ANYTHING! The SAME electors voted.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 4:18 pm

likedcalico wrote:
9/11 is connected to people who were invokved in it or whom lost someone they knew like friend, family member, relative, someone they knew who lost soemone in the terrorism. etc.

I am connected to it too somehow because it effected me too. I was stuck with a sub in culinary arts because my teacher was in Mexico when it happened so she was stranded down there, I was scared more buildings were going to go down and I was scared there was going to be a WWIII, and I was scared to fly for awhile and I had to overcome it soon because how else would I get to Europe if I wasn't going to fly. A boat but that take longer to get there, same with taking a train or bus to get to the Atlantic Ocean. But I got over the fear when I was 18 because my family and I (except for one of my brothers) were going to Arizona for my uncle's 50th b-day and we were flying to get down there so I got over my fear quick because there hadn't been any hijacking on planes in the USA lately since 9/11.

Yeah, I have some connection to it, since I live right outside New York City, and lots of my friends' parents work in New York City. All day on 9/11, people were getting called down to the office, because their parents were phoning in to tell them they were all right. Some kids who were volunteer EMTs also left school for a while. I think for a while they were considering trucking them into the city to help out, but they thought better of it. Some of my teachers had family members who worked around there, and to see them crying in the hallways really freaked me out. Ironically, what *really* freaked me out was that we lost television reception, because all the local channels broadcast from the top of the World Trade Center. It was so terrifying, because you just didn't know what was going to happen. We had all been called down to an assembly shortly after the second plane had hit, and during the assembly, my economics teacher ran in and told us the Pentagon had been hit. Later, in my English class, they were playing the radio over the PA system, and we actually heard the first of the towers collapse. It was awful, to hear them saying, "Oh my god, the tower is collapsing. There are firefighters inside..." I actually got so upset I had to leave the classroom and go cry in the bathroom, and shortly after that they turned the radio off because everyone was getting so upset. You just didn' t know what was going to happen next. Everytime the PA system got turned on, we were afraid we were going to hear about another attack. Our classes weren't cancelled, so we were trapped in our classrooms with no television, and no way to directly find out what was going on. When I got home from school that day though, my family just watched the TV for about 6 hours (non-local channels like CNN still worked).

When my family drove down to my aunt's house in New Jersey that weekend, we drove right past the city, and you could still see smoke coming up. Also, one of my friends in college hosted a pre-frosh who had attended a school right near the World Trade Center, and the windows of his school actually blew out, and they had to evacuate. Also, my aunt was trapped in France for a while because the flights were shut down. It was also scary to have the city "closed," which it was for a day or so, and to see images of people walking home across the bridge because no cars were allowed across. So even though I don't know anyone who died that day, it still had a great effect on me, as it did on any others who felt connected to those events.

Last edited by LostInSpace on 02 Sep 2007, 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 4:22 pm

Star wrote:
God is NOT blessing the USA. Keep your eyes open and see the 10 plagues coming down to your US. All bridges are now declared unsafe, hurricanes and tornatodes are around the corner, floods with intensify, there will be food shortage in the future as many clops were destryed due to the changing climate... funny, I don't hear any of these 'natural disasters' happening in Islam countries...

Maybe God IS giving you a sign as to WHO the true terrorists are???

Star

There *has* been weird stuff going on lately. In New York the summer before last we actually had a tornado. A TORNADO! In NEW YORK! It was relatively powerful too, and apparently stayed on the ground an unusually long time. It occurred a couple miles from where I live, and you can still see the damage. For instance, along the Saw Mill Parkway, it's like someone took a huge ice cream scoop, and scooped out a swath of trees along the road.

Here's a link to an article on it.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 5:55 pm

Star wrote:
God is NOT blessing the USA. Keep your eyes open and see the 10 plagues coming down to your US. All bridges are now declared unsafe, hurricanes and tornatodes are around the corner, floods with intensify, there will be food shortage in the future as many clops were destryed due to the changing climate... funny, I don't hear any of these 'natural disasters' happening in Islam countries...

Maybe God IS giving you a sign as to WHO the true terrorists are???

Star

Star,

I predicted 9/11 just a few weeks before it happened! Taking into account the idiot muslim extremist mentality, it was OBVIOUS!! !! ! WHY???

READ THE PAPERS!! !! !

At the time, The palestinians and israelis were killing one another by the DOZENS! It was FUTILE! NEITHER side could get the other to stop, or even really cause superior damage.

What do YOU do if you have trouble at a store? HOW do you think that equates to war?????

They tried to attack the biggest ally and supporter of israel. They tried to attack the US. Frankly, the US did a LOT for the muslim countries. SURE we sent them weaponry, but ALSO money, desalination plants, machinery, building supplies, etc... Yet, STILL, they figure the friend of their enemy is their enemy.

HECK, they ARE muslim extremists, and consider all non muslims to be INFIDELS!

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 6:43 pm

Star wrote:
As said before ... THE IDIOT AMERICANS voted for Mr. Bush twice.

Excuse me, please get your facts straight. We do not have voting in America.
2unkerkerl wrote:
WOW! IRAN, PAKISTAN, NORTH KOREA, CHINA, ETC... don't have nuclear weapons? Those ships never got blown up? The WTC was never destroyed? WOW! And nobody can watch their TV programs?

No, Iran and North Korea do not have nuclear weapons. As for Pakistan, care to hazard a guess as to who sold them their nukes? And what ships are you talking about specifically? Maybe you're referring to the Maine, which we destroyed ourselves as a pretext for imperialism against Cuba and the Philipines? Or the Liberty, which we set up to have attacked in a false-flag operatioin to try to gain a pretext for entering into the Six Days War on Israel's behalf? The WTC was destroyed, but it has not been made clear by whom. The Taliban offered to hand over UBL if we showed them some scrap of evidence implicating him in the crimes of 9/11. We chose not to do so. Why? Because no such evidence exists. How was it that 19 Arabs (9 of whom are still alive) armed with 3-inch blade boxcutters, were able to disable the most advanced air defence system in the world, defy the laws of physics in the trajectory that hit the Pentagon, and, by crashing airplanes into two buildings of the WTC, knock down three of them? Whoever was responsible for 9/11, they first had to infiltrate the US gov in order to have help in taking out our defenses and planting explosives. But since we have not been able to determine conclusively who was responsible, it's silly to place the blame on, say, Iraq (or Pakistan or Iran or North Korea as our current geopolitical interests mandate) and we should be focusing on finding the perpetrators and bringing them to justice.

santabarbarian
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Sep 2007, 5:41 am

Thank you Orwell. I dare anyone here to google "WTC 7" and watch the collapse videos, and then explain how 19 Muslim extremists caused this building to collapse. While you're at it please explain to me how these terrorists got the US military to stand down on 9/11. If normal intercept procedures had been followed it is extremely unlikely that any single airplane would have crashed into the world trade center buildings or the pentagon, much less 3.

So many people become outraged when the hear others question the official story of September 11. The real "conspiracy theory" is that 19 ill trained extremists could have pulled this attack off. Read sources other than the main stream media in the United States. The rest of the world believes this was a false flag operation, do you even know what a false flag operation is?

I am not saying that what happened in September 2001 was not a tragedy, it surely was, I am just pointing out that we don't know who really committed said attack. America was been whipped into a fervor of nationalism and the consent to take our country to war was manufactured by perpetrators as yet unknown.

Iraq had no WMD's. Iraq had no connection whatsoever to those blamed for attacking the US. Saddam and Osamma Bin Ladaen/Al-Qaeda were enemies, they despised each other. There was no Al-Qaeada in Iraq while Saddam ruled. Now that we have deposed Saddam there is Al-Qaeda in Iraq, in fact Iraq is now the most powerful tool available to recruit angry fundamentalist to join groups like Al-Qaeda. The one thing that was in Iraq, OIL, the 2nd largest reserve in all the world. That is why nearly 4000 americans have died in the desert. That is why nearly 30,000 americans have been injured in the desert. That is why somewhere between 125,000 and 500,000 Iraqis have died.

Wake up. For every 1 "america hater" we kill we create 2 more. Do you really want an endless war where the poor die and the rich receive no bid contracts?

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2007, 7:12 am

santabarbarian wrote:
Thank you Orwell. I dare anyone here to google "WTC 7" and watch the collapse videos, and then explain how 19 Muslim extremists caused this building to collapse. While you're at it please explain to me how these terrorists got the US military to stand down on 9/11. If normal intercept procedures had been followed it is extremely unlikely that any single airplane would have crashed into the world trade center buildings or the pentagon, much less 3.

19 muslim extremists? ******NEVER******! 2 fully loaded 747s? CERTAINLY!

And HOW did the military "stand down" on 9/11? WHAT normal procedures?

Do you know why the metal detectors were put in? Here's a hint! *****METAL*****! !! !! ! They were put in to limit HIJACKS! Do you know what the policy was for HIJACKS???? Here's a HINT! SAME AS BANK ROBBERIES! GIVE IN!

THAT is why 9/11 happened! And do you think fighters were always flying around NY? Do you think they were able to track ALL those planes, etc?

There were actually only air traffic controllers at the various towers. Even TODAY they aren't very well organized.

So you think that they planned all this, right down to that last plane.

ion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Sep 2007, 7:43 am

Wow, y'all still at it? :?

kreb1958
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Sep 2007, 7:55 am

We should remember 9/11 quietly and with dignity, and it would be a cross party political affair. Republicans, Democrats, Christians, Muslims, should be able to remember this act of terrorism with dignity, without digressing into the War with Afghanistan etc.

I was appalled when I heard of the news at the time, but as a pacifist totally disagreed with Bush's USA response by invading Afghanistan, in the spurious belief that Osama Bin Laden might be hiding there. Not surprisingly USA have garnered a reputation as a unpopular nation that bullies.

There is a War Against Terror in the UK, but we in the UK are resolved with the "stiff British upper lips" not to cower in the face of Al Qaeda, that we are entitled to use democracy to choose our government, and to choose our religion as we think fit. (Note it seems that mission of Al Qaeda is to convert nations to Islamic Sharia government by their version of jihad).

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2007, 9:17 am

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle but he will be remembered as one of the brave men and woman who sadly lost their lives on that day.

My memories of that day was watching it on TV and being absolutly terrified that there was going to be all out war. On that day my thought will be on those people and to your uncle.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2007, 10:14 am

kreb1958 wrote:
We should remember 9/11 quietly and with dignity, and it would be a cross party political affair. Republicans, Democrats, Christians, Muslims, should be able to remember this act of terrorism with dignity, without digressing into the War with Afghanistan etc.

I was appalled when I heard of the news at the time, but as a pacifist totally disagreed with Bush's USA response by invading Afghanistan, in the spurious belief that Osama Bin Laden might be hiding there. Not surprisingly USA have garnered a reputation as a unpopular nation that bullies.

There is a War Against Terror in the UK, but we in the UK are resolved with the "stiff British upper lips" not to cower in the face of Al Qaeda, that we are entitled to use democracy to choose our government, and to choose our religion as we think fit. (Note it seems that mission of Al Qaeda is to convert nations to Islamic Sharia government by their version of jihad).

YOU SAID IT! Frankly, I even hate the TALK of fear. Frankly it just makes the extremists happy, etc... As for me? I flew in a commercial airliner within a week of the airports being reopened! I don't care. If I die, I die. BIG DEAL! Frankly, I am more scared of a spark setting off the fuel tanks, then I am of al Qaeda. As for Osama? I hate him more for his audacity, stupidity, causing all this conspiracy/mourn garbage, and the continued decline in the economy, that was starting to improve before his garbage, then I am about 2 stupid buildings!

And please consider. I HATE lies! I HATE lying! And frankly you don't know me! So WHY would I lie about something so trivial? The answer is clear, that I WOULDN'T! I could have said I had a 170 IQ, spoke 20 languages, got 4.0s in everything, etc... And I never did. Likewise, I am not lying here.

As for the wars? I hate them. I wouldn't have been so audacious, etc... The unfortunate fact, though, is that there has to be a clear resolution of some sort. Just stopping it will be seen as an act of fear, weakness, or lack of resolve. This is made even WORSE by the fact that it has happened before.

If I was in power the whole time(Although I am not that old), this would never have happened. I wouldn't have supported doing business with the arabs, or financing/supporting israel, so the arabs would not have known much about us, or had reason to hate us, or have been so agressive, or had the money or resources to do any of this, and usama(if he was even ever born) would probably have died as a kid in POVERTY! Who knows, he might even have died of POLIO!

Quite frankly, one of the parts of Star Trek I wish society had learned from. One of the most foreign and yet CLEARLY correct policies is that of the prime directive!

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2007, 1:08 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
santabarbarian wrote:

19 muslim extremists? ******NEVER******! 2 fully loaded 747s? CERTAINLY!

And HOW did the military "stand down" on 9/11? WHAT normal procedures?

Do you know why the metal detectors were put in? Here's a hint! *****METAL*****! !! !! ! They were put in to limit HIJACKS! Do you know what the policy was for HIJACKS???? Here's a HINT! SAME AS BANK ROBBERIES! GIVE IN!

THAT is why 9/11 happened! And do you think fighters were always flying around NY? Do you think they were able to track ALL those planes, etc?

There were actually only air traffic controllers at the various towers. Even TODAY they aren't very well organized.

So you think that they planned all this, right down to that last plane.

Um, yes, the FAA can and does track all airplanes in the air at all times. And yes, they can and do deploy fighter jets to intercept any airplane that goes off course. There are several air bases in the region relevent to this discussion, and fighter jets can move pretty dang fast. The FAA standard operating procedures would result in an off-course airplane being intercepted within ten minutes of going off course. Non-compliant airplanes (a red flag for potential hijacking) would be shot down. This does not require any special presidential authorisation, it is simply what the FAA knows they need to do to prevent hijackings and unnecessary death. However, there was a complete suspension of these procedures on 9/11, even after the first airplane had struck the WTC and the second was WAY off course and headed to NYC, fighters were not sent to intercept it.
A few other points... The planes the hit the WTC were 757s, not 747s. The Twin Towers were designed and built to withstand a collision from a 707, which is larger than the 757. Even if the steel beams lost most of their strength, the buildings would have stood because engineers are always careful to overdo safety features, especiallly on such a high-profile project. Google Hani Hanjour, the man who couldn't even handle a Cessna but got into the cockpit of a 757 and pulled off a manouvre that would be impossible even for most military stunt pilots. When that 757 hit the Pentagon, altitude records show that it was in fact sevveral hundred feet above the Pentagon, and its crash created an explosion which not only melted, but also vaporised huge amounts of steel, leaving no airplane parts remaining in the rubble, and yet left human flesh intact.

santabarbarian

03 Sep 2007, 3:18 pm

2ukenkerl

If you read the posts and respond to what is actually said there might be an actual conversation rather than a shouting match.

My post refers to the collapse of WTC 7, do you understand that?
WTC1 and WTC2 were hit by airplanes, WTC 7 also collapsed on 9/11 and was hit by nothing. Do you care to respond to the actual topic or will you just continue yelling about something irrelevant ? Have you ever seen the video of this collapse? Did you bother to look it up before your rant, obviously not.

As for the stand down by the military, do some research, I don't have the time or inclination to write you a 10,000 word dissertation on the subject. I will be happy to have the conversation with you if you could trouble yourself enough to even learn about the subject before you speak. Try a google search it's really not that hard.

The military tracks plane using flying radar planes (AWACS), they are not in the air traffic towers. Do you really think that the military relies on information from from civilian air traffic controllers? How naive.
Have you ever heard or NORAD? Of course fighters don't constantly patrol over NYC, but they can be scrambled to the skies above the city normally within 12 minutes. Normally there are pilots on duty and waiting to be airborne within 5 minutes of a hijacking or nation emergency. This did not happen at all on 9/11. In the 100 minutes this all took to unfold our military failed to get a fighter in the vicinity of any of the 4 hijacked planes. Was the military all on vacation? Of course not, there is obviously another explanation for this.

If you are willing to have an honest discussion and do some research you will learn quite a bit. And perhaps your conclusions will be different than mine, but your post was completely without merit because you did no research so you don't know what you are speaking about. In fact you didn't even respond to the questions raised in my post. Will you engage in this like an educated adult or will you plug your ears, cover your eyes and hide in the safety of ignorance?