Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

FuzzyChickens
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Feb 2005, 4:08 pm

The color test was complete bullocks in my case. For example, my favorite color is Blue because that's the color of Optimus Prime's eyes and of the good guys in "Tron." Red has always been my least favorite color, because it's the color of Megatron's eyes and of the bad guys in "Tron." Green and Purple were my second and third choices because they were most closely related to blue, with Green taking priority because Purple was blended with a more "offensive" color (Red). Then I took Black and Gray because they were the main colors used in Lego castles before the Castle theme became factionalized. Black came first for its "purity," "coolness," and association with the punk/goth crowd, then Gray. The choice between Brown and Yellow was really a toss-up.

None of my choices had anything to do with plants, blood, the night sky, or any of that other Nu-Age crap.

JoanMcKay
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Feb 2005, 12:20 am

I'm an ISTJ. Strongly I, T, and J, but almost evenly divided between N & S.

Sometimes I think Asperger's is less a "disorder" and more a "personality type."

Joan :)

FuzzyChickens
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2005, 1:00 am

The "mindblindness" is probably more indicative of a disorder...

JoanMcKay
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Feb 2005, 1:21 am

Fuzzy,

Oh, I know, it's just a passing thought I have from time to time. Believe me, I live with the "negative side" of Asperger's every day.

Joan

CatGuy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Feb 2005, 3:24 pm

The first time I took the MBTI I was an INTJ/INTP. Since then I've gotten more social and recently came out as an ENTP. I'm a tie between 4 and 5 on the Enneagram.

EDIT: Luscher Test Results:

1. DESIRED OBJECTIVES OR BEHAVIOR DICTATED BY DESIRED OBJECTIVES.
Wants to make favorable impression and be recognized. Needs to feel appreciated and admired.
Sensitive and easily hurt if no notice is taken of him or if he is not given adequate
acknowledgment.

2. THE EXISTING SITUATION OR BEHAVIOR APPROPRIATE TO THE EXISTING SITUATION.
Readily participates in things affording excitement or stimulation. Wants to feel exhilarated.

3. CHARACTERISTICS UNDER RESTRAINT OR BEHAVIOR INAPPROPRIATE
TO THE EXISTING SITUATION.
Insists that his goals are realistic and sticks obstinately to them, even though circumstances are
forcing him to compromise. Very exacting in the standards he applies to his choice of a partner.

4. REJECTED OR SUPPRESSED CHARACTERISTICS OR ANXIETY-LADEN CHARACTERISTICS.
Suppression of the physical and nervous requirements of the body. The existing situation is
disagreeable. Has an unsatisfied need to ally himself with others whose standards are as high as
his own, and to stand out from the rank and file. His control of his sensual instincts restricts his
ability to give himself, but the resulting isolation leads to the urge to surrender and allow himself to
merge with another. This disturbs him, as such instincts are regarded as weaknesses to be
overcome; he feels that only by continued selfrestraint can he hope to maintain his attitude of
individual superiority. Wants to be loved or admired for himself alone; needs attention, recognition
and the esteem of others. Demands esteem as an exceptional individual

5. THE ACTUAL PROBLEM OR BEHAVIOR RESULTING FROM STRESS.
Afraid that he may be prevented from achieving the things he wants and therefore demands that others
should recognize his right to them.

Needs to achieve a stable and peaceful condition, enabling him to free himself of the worry that he
may be prevented from achieving all the things he wants.

Pretty accurate.

Last edited by CatGuy on 21 Feb 2005, 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2005, 4:36 pm

I took the test three times and got slightly different results each time:

Quote:

Seeks success, stimulation and a life full of experience. Wants to develop freely and to shake off
the shackles of self-doubt, to win and to live intensely. Likes contacts with others and is
enthusiastic by nature. Receptive to anything new, modern or intriguing; has many interests and
wants to expand his fields of activity. Optimistic about the future.

Seeks the determination and elasticity of will necessary to establish himself and to make himself
independent despite the difficulties of his situation. Wants to overcome opposition and achieve
recognition.

I wouldn't say I have a desire to "win," and I'm often anything but enthusiastic. I'm basically a shutin, but I'd like more contact with others, and I do enjoy trying new things. I'd also say I have many interests. I'm working on gaining financial independence from my parents right now. If recognition means a girlfriend, I'd like that.

Quote:

Orderly, methodical and self-contained. Needs the respect, recognition and understanding of those
close to him

Readily participates in things affording excitement or stimulation. Wants to feel exhilarated.

Works well in co-operation with others. Needs a personal life of mutual understanding and freedom
from discord.

Green seems to be pretty on in this case. Red is somewhat accurate, depending on my mood. Blue is right to the point that I dislike being in conflict with others; I'd say my aspieness makes me a difficult person to cooperate with sometimes in spite of my best efforts.

Quote:

Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense. Sensitive and sentimental, but conceals this from all
except those very close to him.

Willing to participate and to allow himself to become involved, but tries to fend off conflict and
disturbance in order to reduce tension.

Remains emotionally unattached even when involved in a close relationship.

I am pretty sensitive, and I do tend to conceal this fact in public. I guess I can be somewhat egocentric at times--like everyone. I'm usually fairly emotionally unattached, but there was one except where I became too attached.

Quote:

4. REJECTED OR SUPPRESSED CHARACTERISTICS OR ANXIETY-LADEN CHARACTERISTICS.
Stress resulting from unwelcome restriction or limitation. Wants freedom to follow his own
convictions and principles, to achieve respect as an individual in his own right. Desires to avail
himself of every possible opportunity without having to submit to limitations or restrictions. Desire to
control one`s own destiny.

Yes, freedom and independence are both important to me.

Quote:

Fights against restriction or limitation, and insists on developing freely as a result of his own efforts.

Feels restricted and prevented from progressing; seeking a solution which will remove these limitations.

Strongly resists outside influence and any interference with his freedom to make his own decisions
and plans. Works to establish and strengthen his own position.

Seeks to avoid criticism and to prevent restriction of his freedom to act, and to decide for himself by
the exercise of great personal charm in his dealings with others.

I've dealt with fundamentalist Christians who have tried to convert me from my nonreligious point of view; in my opinion, this shows a lack of respect for the validity of another person's point of view. I don't have much charm to speak of; I'm a social klutz.

chamoisee
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2005, 11:26 pm

The deal with the color test is that you are supposed to chose the colro that you feel most like or relate to the most at the time. NOT your favorite color, or the color your favorite superhero wears, or...you get the idea... If I am happy, it's often purple-pink. When depressed, it might well be gray or black. The lats colors chosen shoudl be the ones that correlate the LEAST to the way you are presently feeling.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2005, 12:58 am

chamoisee wrote:
The deal with the color test is that you are supposed to chose the colro that you feel most like or relate to the most at the time. NOT your favorite color, or the color your favorite superhero wears, or...you get the idea... If I am happy, it's often purple-pink. When depressed, it might well be gray or black. The lats colors chosen shoudl be the ones that correlate the LEAST to the way you are presently feeling.

Well, I think it's more a matter of personal choice. For me, I've always picked the colors in a way to where i felt acertain flow off of em; taking the colors I felt asserted my tastes the most and then migrating toward the colors I least identified with. So far I've seen a lot of truth in the test results.

Tim_p
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2005, 1:26 am

chamoisee wrote:

I don't think I understand. How can one relate to a colour? There are colours that I like more than others, but none that I "relate" to. I don't really understand how a colour can evoke an emotion.

The test did not seem particularly accurate for me.

Dan
Raven
Raven

21 Feb 2005, 2:21 am

Tim_p wrote:
I don't think I understand. How can one relate to a colour? There are colours that I like more than others, but none that I "relate" to. I don't really understand how a colour can evoke an emotion.

Would it invoke an emotion if you gave a woman a red rose? Or if you saw a red firetruck drive down your street? Or when you saw George W. Bush get re-elected?

If so, then you can associate those emotions with the color red.

Jetson
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2005, 1:01 am

FuzzyChickens wrote:
The only personality tests that I've taken are ones like "What's your nerd score?" and "which colossal death robot are you?"

I always liked the "500 Question Purity Test". :D

KissOfMarmaladeSky
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2010, 11:02 am

I'm an INFP, and all of the INFP descriptions fit me perfectly! On the enneagram, I'm 4w5, which also seems to fit, and I'm (ironically) the social subtype.

MotownDangerPants
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2010, 5:03 am

I've said before that I think the MBTI is still pretty accurate because it only indicates the presence of behaviors/attitudes and not the root cause, but I think that those of us who have a psychological/neurological profile that deviates from the norm need a different explanation for WHY the behaviors present themselves the way they do on the surface.

I'm an INTP but I believe that I came to be an INTP for different reasons than a neurotypical person would. Perhaps I've learned to rely so heavily on my N(I have nearly IOO% intuition on almost every test, like it's beyond my control, I can sort of work around my other functions and am somewhere in the middle of the scale otherwise, but I do feel that I'm being sucked in by the intuition.) because of sensory overload, while a *normal* person would grow up to become this way because they truly preferred to be an outside observer.

I actually identify with the ISTP profile in many ways and think that I may have been one if my brain worked more like everyone else's. I see myself much like an ISTP in my mind and I actually would prefer to be more aware of ,my surroundings and at ease with reality, but when I'm pushed out into the real world it just doesn't work that way. I honestly do feel trapped inside of myself most of the time, I don't prefer being this way.

Regardless, INTP is who I am, whether I am neurotypical or not, but I don't think that I am the classic INTP that Jung describes, because I probably came to display these behaviors for different reasons.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2010, 1:36 am

My Myers-Briggs Type is ISTJ.

My Enneagram Type is 4.

ale
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Sep 2010, 11:28 am

INTJ/INTP

puddingmouse