Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2005, 2:35 pm

nayashi wrote:
oh my...I just took one of those tests from another Forum (one for people with Depersonalization Disorder)

I scored as INFP...it was frightenly accurate, too.

If you ever want a real shocker, try that test where you have 8 colored panels that you pick from twice. I hav no idea who devised that one but it's uncanny how much it can tell you about yourself just from picking one color over another.

Maril
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Feb 2005, 8:28 pm

I score as INTP, and on the enneagram I scored equal on 5 and 9 type, but when I took the enneagram test a year ago I got 3 type first, and then next highest score on 5 and 9 ( all three very equal I think), but I have been looking for a free full version of the test online. Personality tests is fun. :)

FuzzyChickens
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Feb 2005, 8:39 pm

The only personality tests that I've taken are ones like "What's your nerd score?" and "which colossal death robot are you?"

They usually get me pretty well.

Mel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2005, 7:02 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
#

If you ever want a real shocker, try that test where you have 8 colored panels that you pick from twice. I hav no idea who devised that one but it's uncanny how much it can tell you about yourself just from picking one color over another.

Have you got a link to that one?- would like to see just how accurate it is.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2005, 10:53 pm

Mel wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:

Have you got a link to that one?- would like to see just how accurate it is.

It was posted on a sight I go on, but that was at least a few months back - I don't think the thread is even there anymore. I could perhaps try a few yahoo searches and get back to you on that...

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2005, 11:42 pm

Here ya go:

http://www.saunalahti.fi/jawap/colour/colortest.html

I guess it's called the Luscher color test.

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2005, 11:57 pm

Quote:
1. DESIRED OBJECTIVES OR BEHAVIOR DICTATED BY DESIRED OBJECTIVES.
Wants to make favorable impression and be recognized. Needs to feel appreciated and admired.
Sensitive and easily hurt if no notice is taken of him or if he is not given adequate
acknowledgment.

2. THE EXISTING SITUATION OR BEHAVIOR APPROPRIATE TO THE EXISTING SITUATION.
Feels obstructed in his desires and prevented from obtaining the things he regards as essential.

3. CHARACTERISTICS UNDER RESTRAINT OR BEHAVIOR INAPPROPRIATE
TO THE EXISTING SITUATION.

Clings to his belief that his hopes and ideals are realistic, but needs encouragement and
reassurance. Applies very exacting standards to his choice of a partner and wants guarantees
against loss or disappointment.

4. REJECTED OR SUPPRESSED CHARACTERISTICS OR ANXIETY-LADEN CHARACTERISTICS.
Stress arising from the inability to maintain relationships stably in their desired condition. Sensitive,
and susceptible to gentleness and delicacy of feeling, with a desire to blend into some sort of
mystic fusion of erotic harmony. However, this desire remains unsatisfied due to the lack of a
suitable partner or adverse conditions, and he keeps a strict and watchful control on his emotional
relationships as he needs to know precisely where he stands. Is fastidious, esthetic and has a
cultured taste which allows him to form and express his own taste and judgement, especially in the
fields of art and artistic creativity. Strives to ally with others who can assist him in his intellectual or
artistic growth. Sublimated artistic sensitivity.

5. THE ACTUAL PROBLEM OR BEHAVIOR RESULTING FROM STRESS.
Works to strengthen his position and bolster his self-esteem by examining his own accomplishments
(and those of others) with critical appraisal and scientific discrimination. Insists on having things
clear-cut and unequivocal.

Needs to protect himself against his tendency to be too trusting, as he finds it is liable to be
misunderstood or exploited by others. Is therefore seeking a relationship providing peaceful and
understanding intimacy, and in which each knows exactly where the other stands.

Jeez. That's so accurate it's scary 8O

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2005, 4:59 am

Interesting but I'm not sure how accurate a picture of my psyche this is - I think some of these may correlate well with my depression and low self-esteem though :?

Quote:
Has exaggerated demands on life which are concealed behind specious rationalisation and
cautious behavior. Wishes to impress others with his achievements, but camouflages this desire
and is inclined to be covert.

Insecure. Seeks roots, stability, emotional security and an environment providing greater ease and
fewer problems, but is either unwilling or unable to exert the effort.

The situation is preventing him from establishing himself, but he feels he must make the best of
things as they are.

Emotionally inhibited. Feels forced to compromise, making it difficult for him to form a stable
emotional attachment.

Stress due to suppressed sensitivity. Delights in the tasteful, the gracious and the sensitive, but
maintains his attitude of critical appraisal and refuses to be swept off his feet unless genuineness
and integrity can be absolutely vouched for. Therefore keeps a strict and watchful control on his
emotional relationships as he must know exactly where he stands. Demands complete sincerity as a
protection against his own tendency to be too trusting. Controlled responsiveness and analytical
responsiveness.

Needs to protect himself against his tendency to be too trusting, as he finds it is liable to be
misunderstood or exploited by others. As a result, he adopts a critical and stand-offish attitude, being
willing to participate only where he can be assured of sincerity and trustworthiness.

Wants to act freely and uninhibited, but is restrained by his need to have things on a rational,
consistent and clearly-defined basis.

Dunc

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2005, 6:31 am

Quote:
Intense, vital and animated, taking a delight in action. Activity is directed towards success or
conquest and there is a desire to live life to the full.

Imaginative and sensitive; seeking an outlet for this qualities -- especially in company of someone
equally sensitive. Interest and enthusiasm are readily aroused by the unusual or the adventurous.

Able to obtain physical satisfaction from sexual activity but is inclined to be emotionally withdrawn,
which prevents him from becoming deeply involved.

The situation is preventing him from establishing himself, but he feels he must make the best of
things as they are.

Pronounced susceptibility to outside stimuli. Wants to overcome a feeling of emptiness and of
separation from others. Believes that life still has far more to offer and that he may miss his share
experiences if he fails to make the best use of every opportunity. He therefore pursues his
objectives with a fierce intensity and commits himself deeply and readily. Feels himself to be
completely competent in any field in which he engages, and can sometimes be considered by
others to be interfering or meddlesome. Intense involvement.

The fear that he may be prevented from achieving the things he wants leads him to play his part with an
urgent and hectic intensity.

Has a fear that he may be prevented from achieving the things he wants. This leads him to employ
great personal charm in his dealings with others, hoping that this will make it easier for him to reach
his objectives.

Hmmmmmm.... a mixed bag for me.... some frighteningly accurate, some way off ("Intense, vital and animated, taking a delight in action": he don't know me very well, do he? :?)

Gwyn_ap_Nudd
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Feb 2005, 9:42 am

Lüscher definitely pegs me as an Aspie ( :lol: ):

Desires a tranquil, peaceful state of harmony offering quiet contentment and a sense of belonging.

Having difficulty in standing up to the demands imposed on him. Finds a great effort is involved and wishes to have the situation eased.

Becomes distressed when his needs or desires are misunderstood and feels that he has no one to turn to or rely on. Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense.

Willing to participate and to allow himself to become involved, but tries to fend off conflict and disturbance in order to reduce tension.

Stress resulting from disappointment and watchful self-protection against further setback. Unfulfilled hopes have led to uncertainty and a tense watchfulness. Insists on freedom of action and resents any form of control other than that which is self-imposed. Unwilling to go without or to relinquish anything and demands security as a protection against any further setback or loss of position and prestige. Doubts that things will be any better in the future and this negative attitude leads him to exaggerate his claims and to refuse reasonable compromises. Watchful and retentive.

Does not wish to be involved in differences of opinion, contention or argument, preferring to be left in peace.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2005, 9:53 am

I don't know if it's my personal taste, but I ed up usually picking silver, blue, and black together (in some order), usually then either green or purple, and leaving all the other colors for last. Suposedly going for that tone over the others says a lot about me trying to assert myelf as something unique, someone above the crowd, only wanting those above the crowd, feeling the need to put on a high-and-mighty front for the NT world (in affect), and having cuttingly high standards for myself that socially barricade me in to an extent IRL. Not that all of that's true for me but a large part of it is dead-aim. Seriously makes me owonder how the heck it is that they built this table or figured out the meanings behind the colors.

Gwyn_ap_Nudd
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Feb 2005, 11:58 am

Here are two links that attempt to answer your question

This web page claims to give a brief precis of Dr. Lüscher's explanation.

This one goes into more detail on how the colors are grouped and assigned values, and (supposedly) why it works.

Dan
Raven
Raven

12 Feb 2005, 12:48 pm

Quote:
Feels exhausted by conflict and quarreling and desires protection from them. Needs peaceful
conditions and a tranquil environment in which to relax and recover.

Working to improve his image in the eyes of others so as to obtain their compliance and agreement
with his needs and wishes.

Able to achieve satisfaction from sexual activity.

Stresses resulting from disappointment have led to agitation and anxiety. Eager to make a good
impression, but worried and doubtful about the likelihood of succeeding. Feels that he has a right to
anything he might hope for, and becomes helpless and distressed when circumstances go against
him. Finds the mere possibility of failure most upsetting and this can even lead to nervous
prostration. Seeks himself as a "victim" who has been misled and abused, mistakes this
dramatization for reality and tries to convince himself that his failure to achieve standing and
recognition is the fault of others. Unrealistic self-justification.

Depleted vitality has created an intolerance for any further stimulation, or demands on his resources. A
feeling of powerlessness subjects him to agitation, irritation and acute distress from which he tries to
escape by refusing further direct participation. He confines himself to a cautious approach and a
concealed determination to get his own way in the end.

Depleted vitality has created an intolerance for any further stimulation, or demands on his resources.
A feeling of powerlessness subjects him to agitation and acute distress. Tries to escape from this by
relinquishing the struggle, and by finding peaceful and restful conditions in which to recuperate in an
atmosphere of affection and security.

#1 is very accurate, #2 is less accurate, I'm not sure what #3 is saying, #4 and #5 are somewhat accurate.

Last edited by Dan on 21 Feb 2005, 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dan
Raven
Raven

12 Feb 2005, 12:59 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Seriously makes me owonder how the heck it is that they built this table or figured out the meanings behind the colors.

I doubt that they thought of the same meanings for the colors that I did, which was influenced by 5 years at TAMU.

For example, gray, brown, yellow, and green are the colors of leadership positions at Student Bonfire, and several of the other colors are dorm symbols.

Mel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2005, 1:26 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Here ya go:

http://www.saunalahti.fi/jawap/colour/colortest.html

I guess it's called the Luscher color test.

Thanks for that :)

I had a go and I wasn't that impressed with the analysis- but then I thought most of the colours were horrible so I ended up picking them in order of less hate :lol:

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2005, 1:52 pm

This is funny - I have most of a Ph.D. in educational psychology with an emphasis in testing and abnormal psychology and so I know how to give a lot of psychological tests and I've always really enjoyed the MMPI - so I used to volunteer to take it for new students all the time - and I always got a huge spike on depression and then smaller spikes on antisocial and paranoid and abnormal thinking (schizotypal, I think it is) - to the point that the students always thought I was throwing the test so that they could have something fun to write up in their reports . . .

Same thing with IQ tests - I could score as high as possible on things like the meanings of words but when it came to simple questions like 'Does the sun rise in the East or the West?' I would always get them wrong . . .
Again, they always thought I was throwing the test . . .

But I was being honest in all cases . . . really :lol: