ATTV - Ep. 16 - Women, Fatherhood, and Executive Functioning

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

alex
Developer
Developer

31 Aug 2011, 12:51 pm

Alex, Kirsten, and Jack are back together in Orlando, Florida for the Autism Society Conference. We had a blast at the conference and filmed a TON of AMAZING videos!

Kirsten talks with Dena Gassner about the special challenges that come with being a woman on the spectrum. Alex and Dr. Robert Naseef gave a talk about fatherhood at the ASA conference. They talk about the uniqueness of the relationship between a father and an individual on the autism spectrum. Jack and Alex talk with Claire Dumke about executive functioning. This involves learning to drive, keeping track of things, and other great info.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/article411.html

[youtube]http://youtube.com/Hg-h0-M5G9I[/youtube]

Last edited by alex on 05 Nov 2011, 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gennette22
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Sep 2011, 3:13 pm

Awesome topics! They all pertain to my life these days. I am having trouble finding a doctor who is knowledgable in women with Asperger's. I live in SW Virginia. Is there a good resource out there to help me find the right person to talk to?

Gennette22
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Sep 2011, 3:14 pm

Awesome topics! They all pertain to my life these days. I am having trouble finding a doctor who is knowledgable in women with Asperger's. I live in SW Virginia. Is there a good resource out there to help me find the right person to talk to?

Christopherwillson
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 2:15 pm

Great vids, thanks for sharing with us.

Aspie score: 182-200

Don't know what to say.

Hermier
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Oct 2011, 9:10 pm

It would be so helpful if you could post transcripts of the Autism Talk TV episodes, so people who don't watch videos could read them.

From time to time I'm able to watch a music video, but I can't watch people sitting & talking to each other if that's all that's going to happen. It's just too slow. I would really enjoy reading them, though.

Or, maybe they are already available somewhere but I'm missing it?

Thanks . . . keep up the good work :D