Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

iceveela
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Aug 2011, 6:02 pm

Every single time something bad happens, like someone stubs their toe, or if someone tells me something that goes wrong, I ALWAYS apologize, and than people yell at me for saying sorry too much... IDK what else to say when you hit yourself, or when someone bad happens, I guess "are you ok?" would be a good thing to ask, but they appear fine, so...

idk what to do to stop saying sorry... espessially if its not my fault... its like me saying "like" a lot...

AQ: 36

DC
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2011, 6:13 pm

Sorry, but I have great deal of difficulty telling the difference between being a comedy genius, weirdo, creepy psycho, and inappropriate employee.

I also seem to spend a lot of time apologising through ignorance or as a pre-emptive action. :(

AtticusKane
Toucan
Toucan

31 Aug 2011, 8:04 pm

iceveela wrote:
Every single time something bad happens, like someone stubs their toe, or if someone tells me something that goes wrong, I ALWAYS apologize, and than people yell at me for saying sorry too much... IDK what else to say when you hit yourself, or when someone bad happens, I guess "are you ok?" would be a good thing to ask, but they appear fine, so...

idk what to do to stop saying sorry... espessially if its not my fault... its like me saying "like" a lot...

Yea I have the same problem. I just started substituting like, "that sucks" or "daaamn" or you know. Basic non-specific negatives.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2011, 8:28 pm

Just smile and nod. :lol:

LostUndergrad9090
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2011, 9:46 pm

yeah those people are probably just saying that. they could care less if you care that they stubbed their toe.