Which role would you be cast as in a movie?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2011, 9:50 pm

Let's say some director discovers you walking down the street and sees you as the perfect fit for his vision of a character in the movie.

Where do you fit?

The lead? The guy/gal the movie is centered around

The best friend---you know the person there for support or comedic relief

-The antagonist--- the bully, the a-hole, or the person perceived to be better than the lead at the beginning of the movie

The dork or the nerd----- someone to laugh at, usually in a good natured way

Star Trek guy extra-- The guy you know at the beginning is just there to be killed.

Unobtainable pretty girl--- Someone to be lusted after

Second in line best friend-- the person the best friend makes fun of

Chef from South park-- the older, respected guy you go to get advice from

Parental figure-- Often clueless and hapless but usually well meaning

Add your own.

Nocte
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Sep 2011, 10:11 pm

Depends on the genre of film.

Action film: Voice With an Internet connection - you know, mission support for the main character. The one who feeds info to the hero/the heroes team and disables what security systems he can from his computer

Fantasy film: Wizards Apprentice - because I'm too young to be a wizard

Cyberpunk Film: Decker/Slicer/Whatever the term is in-universe for a hacker. Mostly because I'm too much of a wuss to want extensive body modifications beyond a brainjack and a sweet portable computer

Horror film: I'd say the guy who gets picked on by the Jerks in the 20 minutes with jerks that EVERY horror film has.

Comedy: Straight Guy. you know the one. The guy who is the one that the comedy tries to make laugh, the one who has a serious job.

Western: Drifter

Teen movie: Nerd who has eyes for other nerd girl who has eyes for one of the sportsmen

Superhero film: Mission Control. See "Action film"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2011, 10:13 pm

Parental / Authority figure: The one who is supposed to be in charge, but who knows that the people under his authority work best with minimal supervision.

Tagline: "Just get it done, and don't make have to bail you out again or identify you at the morgue."

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2011, 11:43 pm

Some kind of respectable technical assistant to the main villain. Sort of like while Hans Gruber was busy overseeing the hostile take over of the Nakatomi Plaza building I'd be the equivalent of the Safe Cracker working at busting through the vault.

Or similarly in a Horror/SciFi movie fulfilling a role as lab assistant to some mad scientist. Fair chance getting caught up in the experiment and getting mutated along with other unsuspecting assistants. 50/50 chance we all go crazy and fight the hero in a minor battle before the ending or switch sides after feeling betrayed and tell the hero how to find the lab's self destruct mechanism.

Didacticity
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Sep 2011, 11:53 pm

Sir Not Appearing in This Film.

Or 'the Best Friend,' although my being cast in this part would be widely criticized and cause all parties involved much embarrassment, especially myself.

Or the Unattainable Pretty Girl' for some reason.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2011, 12:15 am

The Seth Rogen role in every Seth Rogen movie, because I'm slightly overweight, I'm unshaven, I'm unemployed, and I'm not funny.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2011, 12:21 am

Probably an evil genius.

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2011, 10:34 pm

James Bond villain. I have the graduate engineering degree, the misanthropy, the demeanor, the voice (think Chris Lee), and the laugh.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2011, 10:53 pm

The guy who builds a robot army and take over the world 8)

Synecdoche
Toucan
Toucan

03 Sep 2011, 12:14 am

-Right hand man. Depending on the film, there may or may not be many lines for this character. More likely good than bad.

-Self-absorbed artist. Self-indulgent and talented, yet completely unaware of the world around him.

-Nerdy nice guy. It could be in a school, in an Army unit, or in some corporation. Either way, I end up hurt or dead because of the "niceness" attribute.

-Lone, silent gunman. Quite easy to crack and not as tough as you think but ends up saving everyone more than once. Used for comedic effects.

-Red shirt.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 12:29 am

The dork/nerd or the 2nd-in-line best friend

DarrylZero
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 2:40 am

The bumbling-but-well-meaning sidekick who saves the day unintentionally. Think Xander from BTVS, but without the goofiness.

Or possibly the intensely focused, but somewhat eccentric, detective who may not be able to get along with everybody, but can pick up on details most people miss. Think Columbo+Grissom+Holmes+Pendergast.

I think I'd prefer the second choice.

But the first is probably what I'd end up with.

Now that I think about it, it'd probably be something more like "Extra #57" or "Seat Filler."

DC
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 2:43 am

I make a mean cup of tea.

Films need someone to make the tea right?

Dent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Sep 2011, 9:42 pm

I generally want to be the guy who has 30 seconds of screen-time before getting killed in a horrible way that introduces the monster.

In amateur films, though., I'm always relegated to being the leading action-hero with an arsenal of one-liners. I don't get the girl, but oh well.
I guess I'm goofy enough to get reliable cheap laughs, and at times I'm witty enough to get a more solid response.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

03 Sep 2011, 11:13 pm

The lead. Sometimes I feel like my life is a chick flick.`

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 11:16 pm

The guy they never suspect as being the female lead's lover.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.