Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 1:06 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
psychohist wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
psychohist wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
BombsOnSyria wrote:
Israel killed 9 turkish civilians last year and they get away with it.How on earth is this possible?

How on Earth can the Syrian government kill 1000 of their own and get away with it?

There's a big difference between killing citizens of another country in international waters and killing citizens of a government's own country in their own territory. Governments often get away with the latter because all governments do it to a greater or lesser extent. The former is usually considered an act of war.

The Israelis were dealing with blockade runners. War is war. Any ship that tries to run a blockade will be dealt with harshly.

Ah. Then the answer to the original question is, "Israel gets away with it because Turkey hasn't decided to enter the war over the killing of their civilians, at least not yet."

Also the fact the evidence is now out for the general public to see that the people killed whom were part of the flotila weren't exactly innocent in the first place. If someone came at me with a metal pipe, I'd shoot them too.

If someone tried to pirate my peaceful ship on the high seas, I'd come at them with whatever weapon was available, too. However, I wouldn't be satisfied with knocking them down, as the folks on the flotilla were - I'd take their gun and use it to shoot their pals coming down the rope.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 1:07 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
psychohist wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
psychohist wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
BombsOnSyria wrote:
Israel killed 9 turkish civilians last year and they get away with it.How on earth is this possible?

How on Earth can the Syrian government kill 1000 of their own and get away with it?

There's a big difference between killing citizens of another country in international waters and killing citizens of a government's own country in their own territory. Governments often get away with the latter because all governments do it to a greater or lesser extent. The former is usually considered an act of war.

The Israelis were dealing with blockade runners. War is war. Any ship that tries to run a blockade will be dealt with harshly.

Ah. Then the answer to the original question is, "Israel gets away with it because Turkey hasn't decided to enter the war over the killing of their civilians, at least not yet."

Also the fact the evidence is now out for the general public to see that the people killed whom were part of the flotila weren't exactly innocent in the first place. If someone came at me with a metal pipe, I'd shoot them too.

yes but look at all these anti-israel loonies who weigh the immoral actions of an israeli against a muslim or arab more heavily then say an immoral act by france against a swede or the immoral act of the mexican government against a guatemalan... save for perhaps the US government. That is the only other government that could be conceivably be more evil then its Israeli twin.

They believe a load of horse dung and will find any way they can to justify their vitriol hatred for the country of Israel.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 1:15 pm

psychohist wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
psychohist wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
psychohist wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
BombsOnSyria wrote:

If someone tried to pirate my peaceful ship on the high seas, I'd come at them with whatever weapon was available, too. However, I wouldn't be satisfied with knocking them down, as the folks on the flotilla were - I'd take their gun and use it to shoot their pals coming down the rope.

Except the only weapons the first Israeli borders had out were clearly paintball guns, and while a paintball might hurt, I don't think that is a lethal weapon.

Additionally, the Israelis announced their presence, they clearly weren't pirates and made it clear that they were searching for contraband (firearms, rockets, etc.).

psychohist
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 1:15 pm

MarketAndChurch wrote:
yes but look at all these anti-israel loonies who weigh the immoral actions of an israeli against a muslim or arab more heavily then say an immoral act by france against a swede or the immoral act of the mexican government against a guatemalan... save for perhaps the US government. That is the only other government that could be conceivably be more evil then its Israeli twin.

I hadn't heard that France killed many Swedish citizens on the high seas recently. The French sinking of a Greenpeace ship a while back might be a better example, though I believe there was some outrage over that. Perhaps the conspicuous silence on French bombing of Libya would be an example as well.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 6:36 pm

psychohist wrote:

The Achilles heel of your argument is assuming that the cruise ship's passengers were all peaceful, when in reality a large contingent of them were heading to Gaza to die in Jihad. Notice that nobody died on the cargo ships with activists on board. Like I said in an earlier post in this thread, the terrorists that tried to kill the Israeli boarding party were hiding gear and supplies for an insurgency.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

laffhaqq
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Sep 2011, 11:46 am

Pretty darn funny that so many in this thread are towing the old 'it was the jeehadeees!' line. Especially since it has been demonstrably shown that EVERY photograph released by the IDF showing all that dastardly 'weaponry' also coincidentally showed modified EXIF data and something a bit lacking in the way of Photoshop skills. Same deal with the videos, just a wee bit of modified artifacts in the footage, LOL.

Brought to you by the same clowns that brought big, bad Osama back from the grave for special video appearances, including Indian Osama, youthful Osama, plastic surgery Osama, and 'dialysis, we don't need no stinking dialysis!' Osama. Younger every time mind you, hahaha. Wonder if they actually thought it through before bringing that Adam Gadhan clown on board for the Herzliya Hasbara Show... oops, I mean 'Azzam al-Amriki' - no way he could be the grandson of a former ADL director.

This would all be just a really screwed up practical joke, if it weren't for so many Muslims and Americans meeting their deaths in the midst of all these monkeyshines. When you think about it, israel isn't funny at all. Just sick.

Oh well. Allahu alim... I just hope, insha'Allah, that those zionist freaks don't decide to pull their little Samson option when the Truth backs them into the corner. For the sake of all humanity.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2011, 1:56 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You still missed the core issue: when Israel tries to be nicer to Palestine, they get repaid with more terrorist attacks and rockets. That's why the shipments were intercepted for inspection at Ashdod before going to Gaza. If Israel wanted to fake the video, it would have been very easy to plant small arms, and even mortars and rocket launchers. The interdiction went fairly smoothly on most of the ships except for the passenger ship. The fight happened because the Mossad didn't know all the individuals that were taking a one way trip to Gaza to collect their virgins, and there were a lot of them. If it really was supposed to be a humanitarian mission, they sure were careless about who they selected for volunteers!

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 11:59 am

How can Yemen kill 12 civilians and get away with it?

ruveyn

Gifted-Monster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Sep 2011, 12:14 pm

How can Obama kill one fly and get away with it?

9 civilians compared to six billion people...just a fly.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 1:13 pm

Gifted-Monster wrote:
How can Obama kill one fly and get away with it?

9 civilians compared to six billion people...just a fly.

The moral or ethical import of human life is not a matter of quantity.

It is just as immoral to kill one person unjustly as it is to kill a hundred unjustly.

ruveyn

Gifted-Monster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Sep 2011, 1:15 pm

And what if those nine had gone on to kill a thousand, R? Is it not better to excise the tumor with a knife than let it fester?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 1:19 pm

Gifted-Monster wrote:
And what if those nine had gone on to kill a thousand, R? Is it not better to excise the tumor with a knife than let it fester?

I said unjust killing. Killing people trying to run arms into a war zone is not unjust.

ruveyn

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 6:48 pm

How can Hamas launch thousands of rockets and get away with it?

Well, I guess they never really "got away with it" since Israel gave them a hard blow. But I think all of the leaders have yet to be assassinated or arrested in years.

Abgal64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Sep 2011, 8:27 pm

Raptor wrote:
I find it more than a bit ironic that whenever there is mention about Israel that so many of these soft hearted, tolerant, equality minded liberals are against the existence of Israel as a state.
Here you have a country for a people that have been historically persecuted in one form or another and the left wants to deny them a sandbox in the middle of a bad neighborhood that they can call home.
On top of that they want to deny them the right to protect themselves from neighbors who would just assume wipe them from the face of the earth.
And they screech incessantly about how us conservatives are unfeeling and unfair and equate us to Nazis.
Hmmmm……….. :?
I am not a liberal, I am a strange type of progressive, but I have these points to make:
Just because the Nazis did atrocities to the Israelis (the Holocaust), along with others, does not give the Israelis the right to do eeriely similar things to the Palestinians (as in the Gaza Strip blockade against mostly innocent Palestinians.) I think the Jews after the holocaust should have gotten Bavaria as their homeland, not a third state that was completely innocent in the holocaust.

The conquest of the Golon Heights, the Gaza Strip and the West Bank by Israeli forces is simple colonialism out of greed for resources and territory.

Finally, Fatah, unlike the Israeli government, promotes a secular and multicultural state as a solution to the problem. I do not support Hamas, as they are Islamists and I am anti-theistic, and I want them gone, just as I want the Israeli state gone. For though Israel is more secular than Hamas, this is just a relative comparison in the least secular region of the world, the Middle East.

And I do not equate conservatives with Nazis, I see conservatives as backward people with the wrong ideas that they demand others adhere to without giving logical, empirical evidence to support those beliefs. Equating a conservative Christian with a Nazi is childlike name calling, which is something that I see so many conservatives, as well as liberals, do in my native USA. That does not mean that I do not see American conservative ideology as stupid, backward and illogical, for I do, just as it does not mean that I like Barack Obama as my president, which I do not.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 9:01 pm

Abgal64 wrote:
Just because the Nazis did atrocities to the Israelis (the Holocaust), along with others, does not give the Israelis the right to do eeriely similar things to the Palestinians (as in the Gaza Strip blockade against mostly innocent Palestinians.) I think the Jews after the holocaust should have gotten Bavaria as their homeland, not a third state that was completely innocent in the holocaust.

The Palestinian population is rising. Rising faster than that of the Jewish population in Israel. Israel never attempted genocide against the Palestinians. Ever.

ruveyn

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 9:03 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Abgal64 wrote:

The Palestinian population is rising. Rising faster than that of the Jewish population in Israel. Israel never attempted genocide against the Palestinians. Yet.

ruveyn

Fixed it for you ruveyn.