Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ci
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 11:41 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_540AkcUfwg[/youtube]

I have seen a great amount of anti-compassionate rhetoric from the pride movement by otherwise very high functioning individuals that have good lives ahead of them. Some of them who have done these things to counter advocacy try and instill that unless pride has it's way folks like me want pity and somehow we are pathetic. The emotional bullying will come to an end and further provocations that hemper compassionate resolves for individuals not as good off as them will be stood up to.

Bullying such as:

1. We just want you to be a man. When otherwise individuals who are excluded and who have a disability express hardships. We are not stereotypical primal monkey's but humans in an evolving human race.

2. That individuals are curebees for wanting remedy for adverse symptoms. The right to treatment and treatment advancements is a protected American liberty and you cannot have it no matter how many times you demean our human spirits for your pride.

3. Manipulating others true compassion and distorting it into some kind of disability bigotry. You are people that cry wolf and people have more and more began to stop listening.

4. Forcing abortion politics on other issues to keep my and others expressions hidden with the sublime guilt that becuase we say our truth unborn lives may be killed. You folks are the worse kinds of political manipulators and bullies that reside on the planet.

5. We are acting like cancer patients for others to feel sorry for us. People with autism can also help people raise money for cancer, diabetes and otherwise. People have disabilities and we all deserve dignity and with as many people with disabilities including substantial as defined by federal law we all can help one another even in small ways.

This is a public statement with a resolve that one and more voices can reach the many corners of these Unites States. For those excluded and who experience anti-compassionate groups headed by individuals who otherwise are included and who do not seek to help then a movement for us is needed. We can make wishes of inclusion happen more often and have the help needed because people do care. No falsehood that the so called N.T's are out to get us will be believed as a social delusion. As we would like to be treated well we then should set an example of how we would like to be treated by treating others with respect and dignity as well.

Changing lives requires compassion and the emotionally intolerant who stand in the way should finally realize their mentality has no hope of stopping the voices, intents and resolves of many. Those that seek to understand individuals who are excluded are not perfect themselves. Those that help at times have been treated horribly by those claiming to be pride advocates and the social provocations toward them will come to an end as individuals such as myself will confront them and their hatred of the human emotions expressed.

Sincerely,

Nathan Young

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 12:58 am

i just had to clean up yak in the back of my limo,oo yuk¡ i dont get into pride v cure but i have read some interesting posts on the disability forum. 1 woman said "im not broke and i dont need to be fixed".this was on disabled online social network and i think she has post polio syndrome.another guy with muscular dystrophy talked about how condicending jerry lewis is and his telethons.the anti cure movement isnt just in autistic culture

ci
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 1:02 am

vermontsavant wrote:
i just had to clean up yak in the back of my limo,oo yuk¡ i dont get into pride v cure but i have read some interesting posts on the disability forum. 1 woman said "im not broke and i dont need to be fixed".this was on disabled online social network and i think she has post polio syndrome.another guy with muscular dystrophy talked about how condicending jerry lewis is and his telethons.the anti cure movement isnt just in autistic culture

It's a social philosophy at times when seemingly simple is of depth. Who really wants to feel defective? Yet even with positive thinking and not focusing on it who has the right to remove the right to potential treatment because they themselves say of their specific circumstances they are not broken? Who wants to feel broken. Ultimately I think inclusion helps with the mentality that diversity can be appreciated even if treatments may be developed. It is I think at least sometimes the idea that because others think we are broken that is why they decline our inclusion until we are supposedly fixed. Depending on the condition this can mean different things. People often mean well when they express the idea of helping.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 1:40 am

the main point was just that the anti cure is not just a high functioning developmental disability thing,it could be found anywhere.actualy several people had harsh words for jerry lewis which i think is generational.jerry lewis is in is eighties and diferent generations see things diferently,i think they were over reacting.im 36 and it seems almost like i speak a diferent language than the 20 somethings on this forum

ci
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 2:03 am

vermontsavant wrote:
the main point was just that the anti cure is not just a high functioning developmental disability thing,it could be found anywhere.actualy several people had harsh words for jerry lewis which i think is generational.jerry lewis is in is eighties and diferent generations see things diferently,i think they were over reacting.im 36 and it seems almost like i speak a diferent language than the 20 somethings on this forum

Well cure as a concept I don't think is properly interpreted for all it's potential aspects. When people compassionately use the term cure many times it seems they mean to help with individual hardships that impair. On the other hand that same sort of synergy to help can help cure (remedy) circumstances caused by that same said impairment. Given a kind of modality a professional could conclude transitional inclusion into the mainstream to be therapeutic and if a person achieves independence and or happiness then the same kinds of people who want cure could then see that is a kind of cure also. Rigid thinking styles no matter generation seem to be a problem. Social conflict evolves from generation to generation.

As far as Jerry I've heard of a professional complaining about that. The zealous compassionate appeal might seem a certain way to certain perspectives. The professionals agenda was self-determination and despite Harvard graduation failed to realize there is a place for treatment and a place for inclusion in awareness models. She ultimately agreed that the right to a dignity of a disorder does not supersede the right to treatment advancements. From individual to individual we have differing self-perspectives of a disorder and sometimes people view it as the obstacle thus to view it in harsh ways to remedy is a benefit and others view it as comprising the self in a way that defines who they are so they often may not be fans of harsh representations in view of a disability so as to remedy.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 3:29 am

as i said i dont care about cure one way or another.although there vacine propaganda anoys me autism speaks doesnt bother me and im not offended by curebees.i wouldnt even use the term curebee.im also not offended by autism supremacy and i think autism supremacy great.i think autism supremacy and autism speaks and the pro cure politic can live in harmony.i care about expensive cars,the boston red sox and the last string quartets by beethoven.i consider myself a factual moderator on this forum but not a political philosopher

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 3:33 am

vermontsavant wrote:
as i said i dont care about cure one way or another.although there vacine propaganda anoys me autism speaks doesnt bother me and im not offended by curebees.i wouldnt even use the term curebee.im also not offended by autism supremacy and i think autism supremacy great.i think autism supremacy and autism speaks and the pro cure politic can live in harmony.i care about expensive cars,the boston red sox and the last string quartets by beethoven.i consider myself a factual moderator on this forum but not a political philosopher

I'll point out right now that I hope by supremacist you aren't referring to me. Also, hopefully the DSMV wont worsen anything.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 3:43 am

vermontsavant wrote:

Reality is in day to day life neither cure or superiority (and related pride) will have much of an effect in the day to day lives of people overall whom also have autism. That's at least my perspective. However the collision between the two polar opposites had effects on unrelated matters and groups. All I care about is increasing inclusion whereas some or more were isolated or very much excluded beyond supports before. Bottom line is no one is going to stop treatment advancement potentials or people that think they are superior (people with autism or not) or autism is simply a difference and not a disability ect.

The facts manifest individually in peoples lives in a spectrum of diversity and seldom can be seen collectively in an absolute truth.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 10:54 am

@gedrene,i did not call you any names,titles or identities and i gave no mention of the dsm on this tread.in the dsm post i only said 6 of one half dozen of another

ci
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 2:12 am

Well maybe cure in it's many aspects may. I will change my opinion. I don't think constant arguing and bickering between groups seeking to create sides will have much of a beneficial change in peoples lives. The confrontations ought to end for the betterment of individuals.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 2:27 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
@gedrene,i did not call you any names,titles or identities and i gave no mention of the dsm on this tread.in the dsm post i only said 6 of one half dozen of another

That last but was a side comment and not related, but thanks. To be honest I would prefer not to have to endure people trying to misrepresent my views all of the time by continuously trying to inflate aspects of what I believe and trying to bash me round the head with them and then trying to claim that I have some affiliation with, basically put, racists.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 2:54 pm

First of all Autism is not a disease like Cancer that Autism Speaks would love to have you believe.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 3:40 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
First of all Autism is not a disease like Cancer that Autism Speaks would love to have you believe.

The first half of the point is relevant. I tend to prefer attributing beliefs to actual people in the organisation. In another thread ci posted a video where who we are was compared obliquely to cancer and I can't remember the other thing, but it was nasty. So yeah, no actual things that were similar, just cancer. Great.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 4:45 pm

Gedrene wrote:
androbot2084 wrote:

The first half of the point is relevant. I tend to prefer attributing beliefs to actual people in the organisation. In another thread ci posted a video where who we are was compared obliquely to cancer and I can't remember the other thing, but it was nasty. So yeah, no actual things that were similar, just cancer. Great.

I am not sure they are saying I am like cancer. They are comparing it to other conditions in societal effect so as to get more supports just like other conditions. I do not believe autism is like cancer or an infectious disease at all.

I think it's important to understand emotions and perspectives. That's why I post videos.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 3:15 am

ci wrote:
I am not sure they are saying I am like cancer. They are comparing it to other conditions in societal effect so as to get more supports just like other conditions. I do not believe autism is like cancer or an infectious disease at all.

I think it's important to understand emotions and perspectives. That's why I post videos.

Ci, he was making assocations with fatal diseases. If you think that's somehow right then I don't know what you are trying to prove. No matter what he intended it's still wrong to make that association since we aren't all dropping dead from autism.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 3:18 am

Videos, that is what those blank spaces are.

Next you will think I should have sound.

Autism is much worse than cancer. I would call it failed marketing on their part. They never ask advice.

While the person with cancer may die, or worse die after undergoing various treatments, what we have in common is a being lacking in mental illness, undergoing a tramatic event.

Cancer has a normal childhood, relates to other people, has tribal membership, and then young or old comes up with a serious problem.

Autism is a serious problem from very early, has a childhood lining up toys and ignoring the world, family, does not make friends, and is excluded from the tribe. No one dies directly from autism, they die after a long life of being forever an outsider.

Everybody dies, but cancer is like comparing us to automobile accidents, which also kill and cripple, but the people involved otherwise lead normal lives.

Autism is closer to racism, but even in Mississippi and being black, some white folks are going to treat you right. Autism never gets tolerated.

The blind, deaf, and lepers are all neurotypical and treat us like everyone else. Gay people have bars, sex, and even get married, autistics do not do most of that. Gay people are very social, and since we are not, they call us names, take it as a personal slight.

To me the worst is we keep trying, rejection as a way of life, and expecting to only be first pick for thieves, bullies, and people marketing Brand name Gods.

When we try to meet with the people who are supposed to keep things orderly, we are accused of being on drugs, crazy, and our own lawyers will try to steal everything. We are excluded from the social system, the legal system, and blamed for it.

Of the people who claim to help us, Psychology has just given people more words to us against us, he is crazy and on drugs gets replaced with he is autistic, you know, like Rainman. Psychology took away all of our human rights and until the Supreme Court said otherwise in 1974, just locked us up for life without even a hearing. No damages were paid, no one apoligised, and the same concentration camp guards went on with their lives, and switched to being pill pushers, if you want to eat, you must accept treatment. A War Crimes Trial is needed.

They were not as bad as The Church, burning at the stake is worse, 5,000,000 died.

So to me the faults of some Madison Ave. types in New York trying to raise money to gain some understanding are minor. I am sure if genetics had shown a way to exterminate us, they would have made it available.

I thought the genetic study would turn out as it did, Getting rid of autism can be done, if you are willing to get rid of researchers, professors, inventors, engineers, and most of the arts.

Now ASAN are just people trying to play politics with my life, who have come here and tried to incite terrorist acts against Autism Walks. They called for blood in the streets. They demanded to be given money for their agenda, which I call extortion. Give us money or you could have an accident. They will get what they want, if I ever find them attacking some grandma walking for autism.

As a gang, they denounced all sides, and tried to play them against one another. That is how politics works, but they failed. Autistics are a law abiding and rule following folk, even if no one else is. ASAN was not offering anything, just demanding that they were our leaders and should be paid off. Schoolyard bullies calling people names, making threats, and demanding that people do what they said. I know how to cure bullies.

Now no one likes the government, they hire humans, and that is always a mess. They do provide more support for the autistic than anyone. When it comes to day to day living, Disability, SSI, Medical Care, they are the one big supporter of the autistic.

While I often call for replacing them with people with better ideas, there is a shortage of them, and government in general is not the cause or cure of our problems. They are people trying to catch up with a changing world.

We The People caused our current mess by building labor saving machines and computers. And what do we call people like that? Autistic?

The Government is trying to keep up growing support payments in a transitional economy. We should look for any way we can help. We do get the autism money.

Autism Speaks does provide research the government can/will not. They do have a large following of parents, Research has shown they are stuck with us. They tried to focus on children, but those things grow up, and their parents have the same problems we do.

Autism Speaks does deal with the Government, Science, the Parents, and that is the only group for us to join. They all have a personal or economic interest in getting us the best possible deal.

Cure is an impossible goal. Mitigation of effects is possible. It will take some work, but if they can explain what we are lacking, besides saying it is natural, we can learn to fake it. As far as I can tell all humans fake it, we are just not naturals.

I think this is something like language, if you pass the time to aquire language without doing so, you never fully develop it. Cases are few, but it is a good model. Early childhood intervention does work, it is possible for autistics to develop social skills. Better anything than the nothing I got.

I took another path, and while isolated, I did find that my moments of being close to other people and animals were when they were in distress. In those rare times I am what they are seeking. I was never at ease in the world, and when disaster strikes I do not change. With an emotionless monotone I do what needs to be done.

All of life is a whole, we do play a role, there is a reason why we continue to exist. I saw it in my tech services, social people who would never speak to me, as I was outside of their range, came to me with other problems outside their range, knowing I was most suited to do something about it.

These were important things to them, their homes, cars, computers, business, or stopping the bleeding, I was suddenly just what was needed. They did not understand, their world was shattered, they put their full trust in me to make it right.

I am different, but do not see myself as defective, in some places I function much better than most. I do take pride in my work, my skills, I fix things, and if my overall neurology could be tuned up, I would put my trust in who ever could do it. I would not see it as a cure, just improved functional ability, like learning anything else. I can learn what comes natural to others.

Autism Speaks is funding research into just this, making autistic people more functional. Nothing I have learned made me less autistic, just a more functional person. Learning some social information would be the same.

Perhaps it would work for me, now mid sixties, but anything that can be done for the children comes first. I am sure a bit of intervention I would have gone farther in school, made better use of my talents, a whole lot more money, and had less social problems. I did get a few things, I was a Boy Scout from twelve to eighteen, it did give me a social world, a wider view, but it came late. I think four to six would have made a lot of differance.

We cannot fragment on this. We have all the inside knowledge. We should share it with parents, work toward a better life for the new kids, support research, and maintain the supports needed for all of us to function at the best of our ability. Splinter politics wastes effort.

At 1% of the population, we are powerless. Counting parents, grandparents, all of 3% have some involvment. We are not going to win any elections, have Civil Rights marches, our only path forward is by showing we are concerned about all of us, and working together to do our best.

Anyone old enough to read this is on their own with only the skills they have, just as I got through life. It could have been better, and that is the message we need to put out. We missed out on developing the right skills at the right time. I do not think we can get a do over, but it can change the lives of several million children, and make a place for them in the world.

Only we know the truth of it, and service to others is a noble cause.