Page 2 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 11:39 am

lilypadfad wrote:
Men:

Women:

These two sum up what I've been saying many, many times, that is the "heart" of the problem. These explain why in male-female friendships, for instance, it is usually the male who grows attracted, and also why the "women have it easier" threads generate so much controversy.

Basically, if I like a girl personally, I am very likely to find her at least mildly sexually attractive, not like the 9s and 10s (unless she's also unusually pretty, on top of my attraction to her personally), but enough that in many cases I'd gladly accept an offer of sex, and possibly even request one.

This simple fact seems cryptic to the average woman, for whom the "friends threshold" is considerably lower than the sexual attraction threshold, and also may be in a different "place", i.e. depending on different characteristics. They assume that I must be lying somehow when I describe this, that I must somehow be only imagining or remembering the "hot cheerleaders" among my female friends, and disregarding the average women.

About the "which have it worse" thread, it seems almost definitive that the average woman could get dates with a greater fraction of the male population, than the average man could get of the female population. But if you re-scale these to the shaded areas in those graphs, then it may be equal, or slightly in men's favor--and that's all women see.

There's also the question of how much of these graphs are in the "eye of the beholder", and how many of them are in the population being judged. I've heard women say that they feel every woman is pretty/beautiful in some way, but I have NEVER heard them say this about guys.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 12:30 pm

OneStepBeyond wrote:
how stupid. thanks for wasting a piece of my life

o c'mon now... his blathering clearly explained why only alpha males get laid. his wall of text is full of... truthiness.

mv wrote:
emlion wrote:
lulz. you must be stud understanding women so well. :thumleft:
agreed.

spongy wrote:
Rule number one of the internet states that there are no females on the internet.
Rule number one of PUA states that no women knows what she wants and you have to tell her what she wants.
Please stop breaking the rules :lol:

LOL YES!! !!

mv
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 12:55 pm

lilypadfad wrote:
@mv Women most definitely are allowed the same courtesy, but have you ever considered that what you call "looks" is actually based more in perceived behaviour than physical attributes.

Not for me! I might be the very only woman like this, but somehow, I highly doubt it. Looks = Looks.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 1:02 pm

I think the bell curve also applies to what the OP says (i.e. he's only correct for so many people).

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 1:04 pm

mv wrote:
lilypadfad wrote:
@mv Women most definitely are allowed the same courtesy, but have you ever considered that what you call "looks" is actually based more in perceived behaviour than physical attributes.

Not for me! I might be the very only woman like this, but somehow, I highly doubt it. Looks = Looks.

I must be a stange lady too. I can look at a guy i don't know at all and think, wow he's handsome. I am amused that you don't think women can respond to aesthetic beauty...no, i'm bewildered.

Fatal-Noogie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: California coast, United States of America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Cosmos

05 Sep 2011, 1:05 pm

biostructure wrote:
This simple fact seems cryptic to the average woman, for whom the "friends threshold" is considerably lower than the sexual attraction threshold, and also may be in a different "place", i.e. depending on different characteristics. They assume that I must be lying somehow when I describe this
I despise people who try to tell me what i like. Who do these people think they are? me?

The next time someone (male or female) expresses obdurate incredulity at my personal aesthetic opinion,
I'll kick off my shoes and say,
"Since you clearly know more about Fatal-Noogie's preferences than I do, I must be standing in the wrong person's shoes.
Here! I think these belong to you." :P

lilypadfad
Toucan
Toucan

05 Sep 2011, 1:12 pm

Quote:

*ponders* I wonder if perhaps you have the mild gender dysphoria sometimes reported by autistic women. Ever thought of yourself as a gay man in a woman's body? :P

Quote:
I think the bell curve also applies to what the OP says (i.e. he's only correct for so many people).

Indeed, exceptions do not make generalisations worthless.

Quote:
I must be a stange lady too. I can look at a guy i don't know at all and think, wow he's handsome. I am amused that you don't think women can respond to aesthetic beauty...no, i'm bewildered.

Nonono, women do indeed respond to aesthetic beauty but it's low down the list, other factors of attraction can easily overcome it. Really pretty women can and do fall in love with butt-ugly homeless pick up artists. The reverse is rarely true.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 1:24 pm

lilypadfad wrote:
Quote:

*ponders* I wonder if perhaps you have the mild gender dysphoria sometimes reported by autistic women. Ever thought of yourself as a gay man in a woman's body? :P

Nope, not even a little bit! Then again, I've carried and given birth to two children, and that was pretty freaking cool. Not exactly gender dysphoria time...

I, of course, also have sensational breasts. And I don't just take my word for it!

Keep going, though. As a statistician, I'm enjoying your nuanced study.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 1:24 pm

mv wrote:
I, of course, also have sensational breasts. And I don't just take my word for it!

*squeeze* 8)

mv
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 1:25 pm

emlion wrote:
mv wrote:

*squeeze* 8)

And? Was I right?

CrinklyCrustacean
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 1:26 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
If you aren't an alpha most women find you as sexually attractive as you find sheep.

I think they would find a horned goat sexier, maaaa maaaaa......

GoatOnFire might! :P

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 1:26 pm

mv wrote:
emlion wrote:
mv wrote:

*squeeze* 8)

And? Was I right?

Yes, yes you were. Sensational. Awww yeah.

(oh i'm such a creepy girl...)

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 1:36 pm

lilypadfad wrote:
Nonono, women do indeed respond to aesthetic beauty but it's low down the list, other factors of attraction can easily overcome it. Really pretty women can and do fall in love with butt-ugly homeless pick up artists. The reverse is rarely true.

Ahh, i think i get what you're saying now. For example i know men who are married to beautiful women who i think are plain crazy or just nag them all the tme. I certainly wouldn't live these women if i was paid to. I look at these guys n wonder if their hormones drove them to this. Does their sexual desire really cause this unreasonable woman's craziness, nagging, mind game playing, negatwivity, selfishness,etc to be tolerable?

I couldn't commit to a man just because he was good looking and i enjoyed steamy nights with him. I need more than just good looks from a guy.

lilypadfad
Toucan
Toucan

05 Sep 2011, 1:36 pm

Quote:
Nope, not even a little bit! Then again, I've carried and given birth to two children, and that was pretty freaking cool. Not exactly gender dysphoria time...

Hehehe just a thought.

lilypadfad
Toucan
Toucan

05 Sep 2011, 1:38 pm

Quote:
I look at these guys n wonder if their hormones drove them to this. Does their sexual desire really cause this unreasonable woman's craziness, nagging, mind game playing, negatwivity, selfishness,etc to be tolerable?

Correct.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 1:48 pm

lilypadfad wrote:
Quote:
I look at these guys n wonder if their hormones drove them to this. Does their sexual desire really cause this unreasonable woman's craziness, nagging, mind game playing, negatwivity, selfishness,etc to be tolerable?

Correct.

The mind boggles :o

Hmm, i'm nice to guys n i always end up as the friend:( thats what annoys me. Uh oh, im turning into whiney singleton. See us girls have that problem too. Then you get your male friend confiding in you because his beautiful wife is ignoring him and he realises you have you're own beauty even if you arent so pretty n sweat excessively n always llook ill, but its too late, he married the wrong girl... Not that i'm bitter...