Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Whosinabunker
Toucan
Toucan

05 Sep 2011, 8:55 pm

So, at about 6:20 PM, my dog died. All I remember is my heavy breathing, I wasn't myself at that point. She was my friend for about 6 years. My best friend, the only friend I have ever had that accepted me for me. So now, I don't feel anything, not sadness, not anger, not pity, I feel nothing, it's a void. I don't know what to do, I came here, the only thing I can think of doing right now is telling as many people as possible, I don't know why I want to, I just do. So there it is, my short little story.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 9:53 pm

I'm sorry about your dog.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 10:58 pm

:cry:

I'm so sorry... I know how much it hurts to lose a beloved pet. I remember when my mom lost our dog, it made her sad for quite awhile. Feeling nothingness is part of the grieving process. You will make it through this. Time heals all wounds.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

05 Sep 2011, 10:59 pm

Try to remember your dog at her better times. And I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my buddy too when I was younger. Didn't speak one word for a month.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2011, 11:04 pm

I'm sorry about the death of your dog. :cry:

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 3:18 am

I'm sorry to hear that. :cry: it is not something to go through alone, and we're glad you shared it.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 11:41 am

Dear Whosinabunker, I am sorry for your loss, do you have a picture of her you could share? of course you feel like telling people, we all need kindness when we hurt. in addition, she was loved, she was important, and she should be remembered and the memories shared. She must have loved you dearly, too. some people believe in the Rainbow Bridge: not the Viking one that the warriors crossed to an eternity of fighting and drinking, but a heaven for pets..I first read about the concept on a rescue site for Great Pyrenees, mine had died suddenly, I was feeling devastated. The thought of her young again, running in grass and sunshine and smiling her drooly smile, that I will be with her again, helped a lot. I still cried, I still found myself looking for her, but she was loved, and deserved to be mourned, as does your dog. Love never dies, neither do the memories, and you are richer for having her in your life. Sylkat :cry:

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 1:47 pm

I know how it feels to have a pet die when it seems they are your only friend. Reading this brought tears to my eyes, because I can really identify with it
I'm really sorry. I wish I could find a way to make you feel better, but you tend to get over these things with time. I'm here if you want to talk, just inbox me.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 1:55 pm

I'm really sorry to hear about that.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 4:35 pm

Whosinabunker wrote:
So, at about 6:20 PM, my dog died. All I remember is my heavy breathing, I wasn't myself at that point. She was my friend for about 6 years. My best friend, the only friend I have ever had that accepted me for me. So now, I don't feel anything, not sadness, not anger, not pity, I feel nothing, it's a void. I don't know what to do, I came here, the only thing I can think of doing right now is telling as many people as possible, I don't know why I want to, I just do. So there it is, my short little story.

I'm sorry to hear that your dog has died. I believe it's going to take some time for you to process it.

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 6:49 pm

It is hard losing someone you cared for. It has been awhile since I lost my friendly, little dog. Yes, it takes some time to come to terms with losses with me. I will be doing something every once in a while that will make me remember her and I'll become misty eyed about it. No one can take away the memories you have of the time you've spent together. It is yours alone. Hopefully after a while, you will decide to get another dog and add another friend. It is all the natural course of things and no one can tell you how to feel about it.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 6:47 pm

I know how you feel.
When I was 10, my cat died. I had him from since I was 3. He had always been there for me, and we were very closely bonded.
Then one snowy night, I saw the dogs from our neighbourhood in our yard chasing my cat... I got back out and saw him lying in the snow. I was in shock, and he was too. He could hardly move. I watched him die in front of me.
It hurts to lose a pet. But you will come to terms with it. I'm sorry. :( *hug*

Neotokyomushroom
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Sep 2011, 8:00 pm

Be strong for your dog. She would wish you to prosper. The best you can do for her now is to live well. It is also good you shared your experience. Be strong.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 5:17 am

Sorry that you lost your friend.