Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2011, 4:57 pm

Erisad wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
What does butthurt mean?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=butthurt

Here ya go. :D

Thanks for the link! I find the Urban Dictionary even more fun than a real dictionary.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2011, 5:50 pm

I propose we launch a massive campaign for this thread to be stickied,
seeing as the "Alpha Male Guide to Dating Women" is.

to his Interest."

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2011, 5:56 pm

Bloviater wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Self Proclaimed Nice Guy (Omega Male): This guy tries to be respectful and nice to women for something in return: a relationship, friendship or sex. If he doesn't get these things, he turns into a mega arsehole or a butthurt moron. Isn't really a nice guy by nature. Has an ulterior motie for being friendly.

Perhaps because he doesn't want to be an emotional tampon used five days a month and then discarded until the next relationship crises emerges. :wink:

Of course people want something in return. Without reciprocity, what's the f***ing point? Then it's merely a parasitic relationship going nowhere but south. What's wrong with yearning for affection in return? Whether it's platonic or not is irrelevant. Give and take will always be apart of the human condition.

If you really think this, I'm very sorry that's been the experience of your life, and how you view humanity.

to his Interest."

lilypadfad
Toucan
Toucan

11 Sep 2011, 6:21 pm

I don't think there's any difference between a nice guy and a "Nice Guy". There are a few self aware women who kick and curse themselves for not being able to love or even like nice guys - the rest of them made up the "Nice Guys" to make themselves feel better about rejecting them as a whole.

"Just plain nice guys" would have to be sporting a lobotomy not to feel loneliness or become frustrated or bewildered at the moronic behaviour he is forced to witness in his female friends (who will no doubt be sucking the life out of him with their emotional drama).

If one of these men lashes out at you, he wasn't "pretending from the beginning" it's just a regular beta guy you've abused beyond his limits and whose brain has liquefied and dripped out of his ears listening to the mind numbing stupidity that encompasses your dating lives.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2011, 7:24 pm

lilypadfad wrote:
I don't think there's any difference between a nice guy and a "Nice Guy". There are a few self aware women who kick and curse themselves for not being able to love or even like nice guys - the rest of them made up the "Nice Guys" to make themselves feel better about rejecting them as a whole.

"Just plain nice guys" would have to be sporting a lobotomy not to feel loneliness or become frustrated or bewildered at the moronic behaviour he is forced to witness in his female friends (who will no doubt be sucking the life out of him with their emotional drama).

If one of these men lashes out at you, he wasn't "pretending from the beginning" it's just a regular beta guy you've abused beyond his limits and whose brain has liquefied and dripped out of his ears listening to the mind numbing stupidity that encompasses your dating lives.

I only date nice guys. (Note lack of quotations.)

I don't have any friends in RL, but if I did they also wouldn't be people who silently seethed in self-entitled resentment while pretending to care about me.

This is where I become a prophet- I'm now going to be called either a bald-faced liar or a silly deluded woman.
Who wants odds?

to his Interest."

Zinnel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Sep 2011, 8:29 pm

lilypadfad wrote:

for many MANY of my female friends that for what is in bold is true(mostly out of the fact they dont think they can get a "nice guy")

ValentineWiggin wrote:
I only date nice guys. (Note lack of quotations.)

I don't have any friends in RL, but if I did they also wouldn't be people who silently seethed in self-entitled resentment while pretending to care about me.

and i hav no dout u have dated what u considered a nice guy (more amazed that u still consider them good in anyway becuz most women i know bash the hell out of their past relationships)

ive dated what ive considered nice women

but i will say that i know many women think a "nice guy" thinks himself entitled to a relationship with her

but ill be frank they dont, they simply wonder why she likes them and wants to spend time with them, yet she continues to see them as just friends even though she will occasionally cross that line(out of friendship) and then as quick as she crossed it she hops back right over and looks at them as if they did something wrong

as for "pretending to care about me" in the "nice guys" head he thinks well while i might not beable to hav her i do still like her and want to be there for her, hence they often try to surpress there feeling(bad idea) and just be friends, though this rarely works and most of the time back fires

where the entitlement part comes into is women tend to share their relationship woes with "nice guys" and thus in the "nice guys" head he thinks, i wouldnt ever do that to her, im not like that at all, i respect her, etc...

and they build this idea that "im perfect for her, and she makes me happy there for were perfect for each other" and while the "nice guy" may make her happy she isnt attracted to him for whatever reasons(looks, lack of confitdence, even the girls own lack of self-esteem)

this results in, well depression an "im not good enough for the girl whos perfect for me" kinda thing
and thus from that often comes anger, then hate, and then the dark side....and the "nice guy" then feels horrible becuz the girl that had made him so happy now only reminds him of lonelyness and pain

and he has seen the girl choose to date "jerks" over him and thus he sees that "the only reason she never gave me a chance was becuz she only wants to date "jerks" and im too much of a "nice guy"

i was in a relationship like this for 5 years of my life, so i can sympathize with thoughs who call themselves "nice guys", ive changed since then becuz i choose to become better( and realized i was better anyway, i just had my head wrong place) and i no longer flaunt the "nice guy" title becuz it no longer applies

those who use the "nice guy" title to decribe themselves, hav been through very simular relationship(friendships) and are pretty scarred by it, hurting their image of women and especially their image of their own self-worth

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 2:06 am

ValentineWiggin wrote:
I propose we launch a massive campaign for this thread to be stickied,
seeing as the "Alpha Male Guide to Dating Women" is.

There is no need to start some sort of massive campaign, as soon as some other members support this idea it shall be stickied(which Im guessing is what happened with the alpha male guide to dating women thread).

Having said that I think that "the real answer to who has it harder" should stickied but vox populi decides which threads are/arent stickied.

On topic: I think that this started as a great thread that could be helpfull for some members unfamiliar with the lingo but it seems to be diverging into yet another thread about why females only date bad guys.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2011, 5:46 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
Bloviater wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Self Proclaimed Nice Guy (Omega Male): This guy tries to be respectful and nice to women for something in return: a relationship, friendship or sex. If he doesn't get these things, he turns into a mega arsehole or a butthurt moron. Isn't really a nice guy by nature. Has an ulterior motie for being friendly.

Perhaps because he doesn't want to be an emotional tampon used five days a month and then discarded until the next relationship crises emerges. :wink:

Of course people want something in return. Without reciprocity, what's the f***ing point? Then it's merely a parasitic relationship going nowhere but south. What's wrong with yearning for affection in return? Whether it's platonic or not is irrelevant. Give and take will always be apart of the human condition.

If you really think this, I'm very sorry that's been the experience of your life, and how you view humanity.

When it comes to relationships, everyone wants something in return, (love to be reciprocated) unless the "nice guy" doesn't have to care if the love is unreciprocated, some could argue that is real love though, I have done that, and most people thought I was a fool.

I don't buy the OP's labels that easily though, (heck I don't see much value on alpha, beta, etc male as I see that as crap) because everyone at some point will be each of them, and identifying which is one is, well.... in the eye of the beholder, not to mention the psychological factors, and that people in general are fools.
Quote:
and how you view humanity.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2011, 7:01 pm

blunnet wrote:
When it comes to relationships, everyone wants something in return, (love to be reciprocated) unless the "nice guy" doesn't have to care if the love is unreciprocated, some could argue that is real love though, I have done that, and most people thought I was a fool.
[/quote]

The point isn't reciprocity.
The point is thinking women OWE you more than friendship for being THEIR friend is an ulterior motive.

to his Interest."

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2011, 3:59 pm

Dating in this world is being more dumb with women than men. society is not true to it's beliefs. what happened to the old way of seeing nice people?