What was the last sporting event you attended?

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 5:54 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOyakuR8QeU&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5o_ppJTxk8[/youtube]

Mum and I went to game 1 of the FIBA Oceania Championships on 7th September 2011. This is a three game series between Australia and New Zealand where the winner gets direct qualification to the Olympic Games.
The Boomers vs Tall Blacks game was at 7:30pm. (mens game).
The Opals vs Tall Ferns game (womens game) was at 5:15pm
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXioq8xE7Rk[/youtube]
This series is being held as a double header(the mens and womens qualifiers are being held at the same places on the same days).
Opals and Boomers (Australia) won the games. They are one win away from the Olympics. :)

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 7:41 am

The last sporting event that I went to, was a Texas Rangers game last season.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 11:21 am

My brother's Rugby game 11 years ago :lol:

Catamount
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 12:00 pm

Nice. A couple of those guys in the NZ - Aussie basketball game could easily pass for the Geico Caveman. :D

Went to a few minor league baseball games this summer and back on June 8, I took my stepson to Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals between the Bruins and Canucks.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Sep 2011, 12:07 pm

Voluntarily; the Los Angeles Supercross opener in 1998.

INvoluntarily; a baseball game at Dodger Stadium in about 1999 or 2000. Had to go to be polite in response to a "generous" invitation.

Accidentally; 2001, a dreadfully long soccer game at the Rose Bowl. I thought I was buying tickets just for the 4th of July fireworks show, but the seats had to be occupied for the soccer game. UGH! 110 degrees in the shade, 100,000 smelly soccer fans screaming and jumping, and I about puked when some dude dripped sweat on me from a row above. BAD experience.

Charles

Marlena
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Sep 2011, 3:08 pm

Pitt game last saturday. Pitt won. I'm hoping to go to some more games. Nothing beats college football atmosphere i think. It's a lot more milder than nfl games (particularly steeler games) but still pretty intense

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 3:30 pm

Like 2 weeks ago, 2 Tier 4 amateur hockey games at my local skating rink. This dude I met in public session kept insisting I come and watch him and his team. He did the worst on the team and wouldn't take my advice for skating. Overall it was really neat to watch, though. You got to sit right next to the boards if you want, it's way different seeing people get slammed into the boards when you're like 3 inches away. I think it's a good deal if you wanna waste some time watching sports, I find watching amateur sports live much more fun than watching pro ones on TV. Then again, I've seen 2 Boston Red Sox games live, you know, get to see Alex Rodriguez from like 20 feet away.

Another thing with sporting events for me, in some regards, I'm extroverted. Being in a big crowd doesn't bother me in the least, as my mind doesn't really see the people as like "real" people. I figure if they're judging me, oh well, I'll never see them again, and they probably have as much memory of me as I of them. My problem comes more from small groups, like under 10 people in like, a house party or gathering sort of thing, as it's hard finding the right dynamic. But, I find going to sports games, malls, carnivals, etc, really fun and almost relaxing, being able to be around people and socialize without any real consequences.

Oh, I don't know if this counts, but I get to see fairly high level figure skaters practice everyday after public session. One coach at my rink is an ISU Champion, etc, but I generally only watch for like 10 minutes or so while cooling down after my public session. Still awesome to watch for sure.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2011, 9:28 pm

My cousin getting his orange belt in karatee

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 12:52 am

The last sporting event I attended three months ago was a track meet. It was our conference's championships (we're part of the Northwest Conference, which is part of the NCAA Division III). I ran the 10k lol...I don't think I want to run another 10k around a track ever again. I have no idea how I managed to do this for four years haha. I still like running, but 25 laps around a track?...I've come to the conclusion that I'm crazy lol. Speaking of sporting events, I went to a Scratch & Dent sale at an REI in Spokane two months ago, if that counts as a sporting event (people were racing/fighting each other for the heavily discounted Vibram Five Fingers lol).

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

matt4cards
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Sep 2011, 5:15 pm

last sporting event I was at was Cardinals-Dodgers at Busch Stadium August 23rd 2011, I saw my Cardinals get blown out lol

Colossians 3:17

Wisguy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 2:55 am

Me? The New Orleans Saints @ Green Bay Packers game, 2011-09-08.

8)

Mike

Quartz11
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 5:37 pm

Yesterday's Red Sox game vs. Tampa

Jojoba
Toucan
Toucan

20 Sep 2011, 2:07 pm

I believe the last sporting event I saw in person was to watch the local University basketball team play last year. It wasn't all that much fun. I'm about to the point where it is more enjoyable to view a game from home, in a comfy chair. It was nice though seeing a few people I had not seen in awhile.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 12:44 am

A home football game my sophomore year of high school (7 years ago),
because I was on dance team and it was mandatory.

to his Interest."

JDoherty
Toucan
Toucan

12 Oct 2011, 10:09 pm

Australia v Oman World Cup Qualifier (football/soccer) at Homebush (a suburb of Sydney).