Your worst dating experiences

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 7:24 am

Name em here, guys and girls. I was just reading on a dating site.

One woman said:

"I had a really weird date the other day, the guy was just driving randomly all round and would stop for a few minutes at certain places and then take off again, it was very awkward so I asked to be dropped back home, And by certain places I don't mean like the dairy or the garage, I'm talking about places like quiet laybys, By schools, Near parks, was just weird. Well thats the thing when we got to each of these laybys, parks he wouldn't say anything he would just sit there in silence and stare at me, I was actually getting quite freaked out at one stage."

Yikes! Now THAT is the true definition of creepy. 8O

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 9:34 am

I had a really strange experience two years ago where I met a girl off of eharmony and everything that could possibly clash did. Met her at a coffee shop, gave her a hug - which she made a snarky comment as if I was genderally pigeonholing her (???), we ended up right at the front counter, she was getting a coffee, I offered to pick it up on my tab and I got a snarky response that she was perfectly capable of getting it herself (????), after that it seemed like - while we were able to keep a civil veneer over it we disagreed on everything, struck out from every angle, and we were both laughing at how messed up the date was. I texted her later to sort of shake her hand for sticking it out and meeting, that I respected the try even though we're obviously not a match to which I got a response something like "Glad we both see it" ( :lmao: get over yourself). I've never been on a date before that or since. That and, either Eharmony has an odd sense of humor or they just take your 800 question test, tell you about yourself, and proceed to throw absolutely anything at you to see if it sticks (which I feel like I've seen plenty of evidence for).

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 10:09 am

Really, it's been the breakups that have been hellish, but I've had some bad dating experiences, too. I was once out to dinner with a guy when someone at the table right next to us suddenly vomited all over their table and some of it splashed on the chair next to mine. I was definitely ready to leave at that point, but he said he'd paid good money for his food and didn't want to let that ruin his dining. Well, my dining experience was already ruined, lol. Twice, I was hiking with a guy when we got lost while hiking in a state park and wound up in an area where hunting was allowed, during hunting season. That was kind of scary, actually.

AsteroidNap
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 10:51 am

I had one date who began telling me halfway through coffee about catching her 12 year old daughter watching p0rn, and then proceeded to tell me about teaching her daughters about masterbation....

Which, in and of itself, is fine. Parents should do that. But should you talk to a stranger about it on a date? haha. She was a nice woman, don't get me wrong. I guess I should be comforted knowing I give off such a comforting aura that she could tell me these things.

Also, most awkward almost-date, happened with this girl I'd been keen on right out of high school. Bon Jovi was coming to town, and I thought...damn, gonna score some tickets and invite her. So me and a buddy planned to stay over night outside the ticket office to get best seats. I muster up the nerve to call her, and she asks can I get her four tickets. Sure. Of course, at the time I'm thinking three of her friends want to go too.....

Sure enough, turns out she invited another dude, and her girlfriend invited her own bf. So it was me, my buddy, a girl I liked and her female friend and their boyfriends. Damn I got them good seats though!! haha. To this day I can't listen to Bon Jovi without thinking about that night.

But it wasn't a total loss...I ended up dating her a year later for about a month and half...but the Aspie and University made short work of that relationship.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 10:58 am

Unfortunately never been on a date and the way things are going it looks like I never will as nobody wants to even get to know me if when getting out there and trying to meet people-they just do not like the way I look/act/carry myself/my size-whatever it is it is like I have this neon sign over me that says do not bother he is the one person that has to be alone so everybody else doesn't end up alone.

AsteroidNap
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 11:18 am

Radiofixr wrote:
Unfortunately never been on a date and the way things are going it looks like I never will as nobody wants to even get to know me if when getting out there and trying to meet people-they just do not like the way I look/act/carry myself/my size-whatever it is it is like I have this neon sign over me that says do not bother he is the one person that has to be alone so everybody else doesn't end up alone.

You will have to be change you seek. No one can do it for you. I have a new favorite saying (courtesy of Mark Zuckerberg): Fail Harder!

There is wisdom in those two words for those who would listen.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 11:30 am

AsteroidNap wrote:
Radiofixr wrote:

You will have to be change you seek. No one can do it for you. I have a new favorite saying (courtesy of Mark Zuckerberg): Fail Harder!

There is wisdom in those two words for those who would listen.

I guess change is possible-I guess I can grow younger and be reborn more handsome with all my hair back-I can lose weight as I have so far-even if someone could do it for me they probably wouldn't do it for me even if I asked-don't mean to sound down but even others on the spectrum were born with a better hand of cards than myself-nothing can make me younger or better looking and that on top of now know why I could never make connections with others later in life-its just like it was always against me and that it is something I will never have-companionship-I have heard the explanations from NT's about "don't judge a book by it's cover" etc etc etc well when I go to buy a book I don't buy a book with no title printed on it. as I said I don't mean to be down.

Thom_Fuleri
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 11:36 am

I met a guy online once. He seemed shy but we agreed to meet up.
I got to the bar, looked around, couldn't see him anywhere. But he was actually there - it was the face blindness kicking in. Would have been fine if he'd introduced himself, but he didn't say a word.
I assumed he'd stood me up, and happened to bump into a friend who introduced me to another friend, and we hit it off - while this poor guy was still there, watching it! He was a bit peeved when I next bumped into him online.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 11:51 am

when i was working 9-5 mon-fri as the programmer at an inner city building, there was a girl called "vannessa" (by those who wanted to get her attention) who i got along with very well. she seemed to have a theatrical and slightly histrionic character, and she smoked, and i had an office on the 21st floor with balcony, and she used to come up and ask me to go out on the balcony with her to "survey the city" while she had her cigarette . i always liked to go out with her because i felt comfortable with her.

one friday afternoon, after most of the others had gone home, she told me that there was a meeting at the "oaks hotel" on saturday night, and i was expected to be there.

i told her i could not go (i had no reason i could think of, but i was certain i could not go), and she said she should have told me earlier in the day, and that the company director has had some ideas, and my presence was vital at the meeting.

i asked her who was going to be there, and she rattled off the names she knew that i would pay attention to.

so i went, and when i got there, she was there, but no one else was.
i wondered why no one else was there, and i asked her, and she said that maybe she got the time wrong and that they would all be arriving in an hour.

i was extremely annoyed because i did not want to be away from what i was doing at home, but there i was sitting in the cold courtyard (an outdoor area) of the oaks hotel (neutral bay) waiting for nothing to happen with her there looking at me in a strange way and i was insanely bored. even the pavement pattern was boring. i had to get home.

i suddenly thought that a meeting such as the one that i believed was about to happen, would have been arranged with me by the owner himself, and he would not be so remiss as to leave it to chance that i would be informed of the meeting peripherally. i would have been directly consulted, and i suddenly realized she was lying.

i can say no to a smile.
it is just a smile that someone shows when they try to look pretty when they are caught out.

she got fired for that.

Neotokyomushroom
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Sep 2011, 12:23 pm

Maybe not so weird, but my worst two dating experiences -

One where my date proceeded to wrap herself around another guy within five minutes of the date starting.

One on which I did not know it was a date and my date ended up crying when it was explained I wasn't interested that way.

Both were very awkward though I have only ever had awkward dates. In a way they were opposite sides of the same coin.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 2:39 pm

Worst dating experiences: My first girlfriend cheated on me. I promised myself I would never date another NT because of that. Even after nearly 13 years, the promise has still stood.

2nd worst: Being rejected by a woman who I practically worshipped, because she made a bunch of assumptions about me (i.e. saying I couldn't communicate because I asked for relationship advice, when in fact, she was the one not communicating despite not asking for advice; being "affected by her actions" and "emotionally unmotivated" because I decided to wait to see what would happen regarding conditions she put regarding a potential relationship--conditions that were left totally to chance).

Zinnel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Sep 2011, 3:04 pm

took a girl to a movie theater(the movie wasnt that good)
and she was boreing

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 6:36 pm

My worst dating experience?

[quote="Leila's worst dating experience log"][/quote]

Oh right... What experience? :(

Humperdinck
Toucan
Toucan

08 Sep 2011, 7:12 pm

Humperdinck's worst dating experience.

When Humperdinck was young and foolish, he was asked out by a guy online. Thinking the guy was alright, humperdinck agrees to meet him the the border's coffeeshop. He turns up and pushes his seat right next to humperdinck and places his hand on humperdinck's theigh. Humperdinck is scared but doesn't know how to respond to 6'9" creepy guy. Creepy guy goes up to the counter and order's coffee. He keeps looking at Humperdinck the how time and comes and sits straight back down. Creepy man now touches Humperdinck's theigh higher and Humperdinck tries to move the chair further away by adjusting. Creepy guy pulls humperdinck back really close and tries to fondle Humperdinck's crotch.

At this point Humperdinck Stands straight up and screams at the man to stop trying to molest Humperdinck. Everyone in the shop is staring. The man starts crying.

Humperdinck walks out of Border's.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 8:08 pm

It's really hard to decide which on was the worst...

1. I was alone at a frat party (not on a date), minding my own business while watching the girls dance, when one of them started treating me as her own personal audience by doing the best pole-dance without a pole I've ever seen. The more attention I paid to her, the more she seemed to enjoy it. When the music stopped, I asked if she would like for us to spend some time together in a more private place. She then made it clear that my interest in her proved (to her) that I was some kinda perv. She said it so loud that I felt humiliated by all the other people's laughter, and I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

2. An older woman in one of my classes invited me over for the night, telling me that she and her husband were "separated". The only separation in play was that he was working a double shift at the police department. She "forgot" to warn me that he might be returning home early in the morning, which he did. I had to dress on the patio roof while she insisted in a loud voice that he was imagining things. By the time he came outside to look for me, I was three houses away, trying to convince a pit bull that I was not his new chew-toy.

3. Another frat party. This time a cute girl asks me to dance and gets all affectionate with me. We dance and make out for a while, and then she disappears. She returns with her boyfriend who isn't at all happy to see me, and I break another record for the cross-country dash.

4. An ordinary date. We're talking, we're eating, we're drinking, and I thought we were really starting to connect. After about her fourth margarita, she starts mean-talking her father, her past boyfriends, her ex-husband, and just about every other man she has ever met. Then she starts in on me. It wouldn't have been so bad if she weren't standing between the tables, pointing at me, and accusing me of all sorts of weird, perverted things that some men like to do to women, all at the top of her voice. The manager threw both of us out.

5. Another ordinary date. Really. Everything went fine, and I asked if we could meet again, same time, same place about a week later, and she agreed. So there I am a week later, all dressed up and spiffed out, when an older gentleman comes up and tells me that my date couldn't make it, and that she explained everything in a note that was inside the envelope he was handing me. Inside the envelope were some legal papers claiming that I was the father of her child, and that I was two years behind in support. After my lawyer got done wrangling with hers, I find out that she was willing to settle out of court for a few thousand dollars. We went to court, where the results of a simple blood test determined that there was no way that I could be the child's father. The judge dismissed the case,.

The places where all of this happened are all within 10-15 miles of each other, and about 3000 miles from where I live now.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 9:42 pm

Fnord wrote:
It's really hard to decide which on was the worst...

Jesus @#$%, where do you live!?? I need to make a note to myself to keep a big wall up if I'm ever out there. Sounds like that hick town in U Turn.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin