I dont like babies. Any one feel the same??

Page 3 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 6:40 am

I cannot cope with babies. They cry loudly (sensory overload), the newborn ones make me feel nauseous.

I HATE it when parents of babies encourage their babies to squeal loudly in restaurants. I've nearly had meltdowns and had to take a break in the loos several times in restaurants due to babies making noise!

What I don't understand is why so many people (especially women - even though I am a woman myself!) love babies so much. They get all gushy over babies and talk that ridiculous baby talk with them!

I also have no idea how parents cope with changing nappies, the thought of it makes me want to vomit.

Ok, I really have to stop typing now before I lose my appetite for lunch.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 7:31 am

I don't mind tiny babies, but I don't like babies over 12 months or so (depending on the baby). I don't like it when they start having those horrible temper tantrums, and it seems everywhere I go almost everyone has at least one toddler in tow, and it's always bawling, as though temper tantrums have become more frequent than ever these days. It drives me nuts! I can't even go on an airoplane because I just know there will be a toddler screaming the whole way, and I would not be able to block it out. And everyone expects me to act cool when I just literally want to melt down, because a toddler's scream goes right through me and causes me sensory overload.

I think nature has made a mistake here - I think toddlers should have been born to have quiet voice boxes, then grows as the child grows, and by the time it's reached a size where it can shout, the child has already developed verbal skills and so won't need to scream to get it's own way. I think I would be a lot of happier if this happened to each child (including me when I was a child).

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 8:00 am

I don't think anyone (even their parents) like poopy diapers and ear splitting shrieks. If it wasn't for instinct none of us would survive infancy I think. But what I like about babies and small children is their sense of wonder. Everything is fresh for them. They are often hilarious too.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Sep 2011, 9:37 am

I like them just fine, when they're on another continent from that which I am on, that is! I have absolutely no interest in being a father, and I strongly dislike having babies and toddlers around. I'm sorry if that offends anyone, but it's my honest answer. I can't feel comfortable around kids until they're maybe 10 or 12, and even then, I prefer interacting with adults... Over 30 is better, and over 90 is best!

Charles

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 11:11 am

I was told that as a baby I didn't like other babies.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 12:41 pm

Aimless wrote:
I don't think anyone (even their parents) like poopy diapers and ear splitting shrieks. If it wasn't for instinct none of us would survive infancy I think. But what I like about babies and small children is their sense of wonder. Everything is fresh for them. They are often hilarious too.

I don't like it when my son makes a huge mess in them so instead of wiping him clean, I put him in the bathtub and rinse the crap off him. But I don't mind little ones. I also don't like it when he grabs my things that can be wrecked by him.

LostUndergrad9090
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 12:44 pm

yeah they are funny and scary at the same time, I always feel like I'm going to do something wrong to them when they are so small.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 1:07 pm

I love toddlers....when they're asleep.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 1:14 pm

babies usually make me gag because they smell of a mixture of warm old "aromatic" milk, and a vague note of "gastric juices", and i can not tolerate it so i steer clear of babies.

babies do not interest me in the slightest.

DerStadtschutz
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 1:16 pm

I don't really like kids or babies either. I know, I was one once, and I didn't really like them when I was either. I'm not one to hate on younger people just for being younger(that was something I never quite understood, especially in school. When I got to highschool, everyone would pick on the freshmen for no reason other than the fact that they were freshmen, and everyone would pick on whoever was in a grade below them), but for some reason, when kids are younger than like 14, I can't seem to relate to them whatsoever, and I feel like I don't know what to say or do around them. I don't know what's appropriate and what isn't, stuff like that. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I was the youngest of my family, so I never had to deal with younger siblings. I just never had experience dealing with really young kids or babies, so now I feel really weird around them. It's almost like fear, but not quite... I guess the right word for it would be anxiety? I dunno, but I've felt that way for a pretty long time.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 3:21 pm

I'm actually very fond of babies and toddlers. They fascinate me because of how their little minds work, and how they learn things and watch the world. Talking to a two or three year old child is an amazing thing, because you can just see them figuring out communication. Or you can play with a three or four month old, and watch them learn how to manipulate objects, coordinate their hands and their eyes. I remember the first time my littlest sister managed to properly reach for and smack a toy I held out in front of her--she was so happy!

They are tiring, though. NT babies in particular are so very demanding of constant attention--they always need feedback from another person, and if you leave them alone they will be disconsolate. So, if I were to have a child, I would need a partner to raise the child with, so that they could spend time with the child sometimes, and I could take the rest of the time, so that neither of us would get tired from the constant interaction that an NT child needs to grow up happily. (I am not saying that autistic children don't need interaction--of course they do--but with them it is not so intense.)

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 3:45 pm

Im not really a baby person, I think I would find it hard going if I had one. I love children though, so if you want a child you have to put up with various oozing substances, have on hand various gradations of earplug, and not wear your best clothes.

Taking a break.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 3:59 pm

my "maternal instincts" seem to only really kick in when it's a baby animal. Human babies creep me out because they have a tendency not to hold their food well. And at the worst times and places, and when you're in your best clothing. I find a lot of kids are very loud and hyper (both my brother and I were usually quiet as kids) and run around screaming and yelling and acting like a store is a playground. And teenagers... don't get me started on... THEM!! ! :pale:

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 4:04 pm

shrox wrote:
I was told that as a baby I didn't like other babies.

Me too. I had a hystorectomy but if I didn't, I think I would loose my paitence and hurt my kids. I would be begging CPS to come and take them.

fleurdelily
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Sep 2011, 7:37 pm

I dislike babies. My husband is the one, when we're out in public, saying "oh look ! how cute that little baby is" and I'm all ... "do I have to look? I could not care less. yuck. They are little smelly sticky blobs, proto-humans, pupae even. Children become moderately interesting once they are verbal.... but not for hours on end... I don't have enough energy to entertain them and chase after them. I do not babysit, and I have not procreated. But to each his own. What others do is their business... and my decision not to procreate is my business... no value judgements involved really. Just a simple preference... and the ability to defy society's expectations

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 7:58 pm

In theory, I actually don't mind children.

In practice, they annoy the heck out of me.