I dont like babies. Any one feel the same??

Page 2 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 10:21 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I love babies and I think that they're God's precious gift to human kind. :)

Yes, they are. But still, they will vomit on your back as easy as they will smile at you...

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 10:52 pm

shrox wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
I love babies and I think that they're God's precious gift to human kind. :)

Yes, they are. But still, they will vomit on your back as easy as they will smile at you...

This

Plus they scream and don't stop and they are dirty. They stare at you and it's not like you can tell them to stop it. I feel very creeped out when people stare at me. I sometimes feel the urge to hurt the baby if it is staring at me. I never act upon the urge, I go to another part of the building instead. The odds of the baby actualy following me are kinda slim.

I don't know why, I've just always been repulsed by babies and young children. I made up my mind at four that I never wanted to have any. I even had a hystorectomy.

I just can't understand what it is about babies and young children that people find so appealing and why people think I feel they are so great.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 11:33 pm

I find babies revolting the way they always dribble and blow bubbles it makes me feel sick.
I prefer baby animals to me their a lot cleaner.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

09 Sep 2011, 11:38 pm

Although I am okay with babies, I don't have a strongly maternal reaction to them as a general rule. I remember being at a friend's house for a roleplaying game, and someone showed up unexpectedly with her new baby. I ignored her like I always ignore unexpected people who interfere with my projected plans and change things without warning, but I heard the other women making snarky comments about how the only appropriate womanly reaction is to want to fuss over the newborn baby.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 11:42 pm

Aprilviolets wrote:
I find babies revolting the way they always dribble and blow bubbles it makes me feel sick.

This

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 12:08 am

I like them ok when they're not screaming. I don't want one of my own, though.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 12:09 am

MagicMeerkat wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:

This

I would rather clean my cat's litter tray then change a baby's nappy :eew:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 12:12 am

"You were a baby once."

I really hate this saying. :x

What does it even mean? Duh of course she was a baby once, everyone was. Does that mean they have to tolerate babies and like them just because they were one?

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

10 Sep 2011, 12:13 am

Aprilviolets wrote:
MagicMeerkat wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:

This

I would rather clean my cat's litter tray then change a baby's nappy :eew:

These reactions are interesting. I don't tend to be easily grossed out by stuff - baby diapers, kitty litter, whatever. It doesn't bother me. I wonder why one disgusting thing is easy to cope with while another is too much.

Incidentally, my (ADHD but not autistic) niece is just the opposite - she's fine with diapers but refuses to touch kitty litter.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 12:17 am

I love babies and always have.

Ellytoad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Sep 2011, 1:22 am

League_Girl wrote:
"You were a baby once."

I really hate this saying. :x

What does it even mean? Duh of course she was a baby once, everyone was. Does that mean they have to tolerate babies and like them just because they were one?

Word. I look at pictures of myself as a baby, and the only thing I can think is, 'That's what I used to look like? Yecch.'
I also feel bad about the fact that I tortured my mom by crying constantly (even though I couldn't help it).

CockneyRebel wrote:
I love babies and I think that they're God's precious gift to human kind.

*eye twitches*

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

10 Sep 2011, 1:52 am

Babies I don't mind. Toddlers are alright. But I really love younger children (ages 4-9). I find it cute how innocent they look when they get in trouble. :lol:

Ideawizard
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Sep 2011, 3:15 am

I personally like kids, but usually when they learn to talk and play video games.

When thier little more then developing ex-fetuses I get uncomfortable too. A lot of people do, especially guys.

Let's face it; Many babys have a face that literally only a mother can love. Their poop makes no effort to disguise their smell and their high pitched whine is a slow form of torture.

But we must always remember that every human being, great or small, good or evil, legendary or otherwise, all started off as these little diaper holsters. No need to hate them, even if we don't always appreciate them.

YellowBanana
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 3:29 am

Don't like babies. Or children, particularly - though some are pretty damn cool.

What I don't like even more is parents who take it personally when you are not interested in their baby. I don't like babies. Your baby is just a baby, like any other. Sure, to you, it is special. But it's just a baby and I'm not going to pretend I think its cute and go all ga ga over it when that's not what I do. And don't make me hold it because you think it'll change the way I feel. Don't take it personally - there's nothing wrong with YOUR baby. It's just a baby.

If, when it can walk and talk, it happens to develop similar interests to mine, then I will probably quite like your child. Other than that - I won't relate so please don't try to force me.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 3:33 am

Babies: sensory hell, always screaming, smelly, not nice to look at
Toddlers: Annoying, loud (at times), naughty
Children: Ask lots of annoying questions, stare at people, shout and squeal, poke fun of other kids and even adults (if you live in this country!)
Teenagers: Evil, rude, bullies and mean
Adults: Depends on the adult.

To sum it up, I don't like people full stop! The only things I like are small and fluffy!

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 6:09 am

Don't like babies apart from the occasional cute one. Not too bothered by toddlers/children. I actually prefer them to be fairly precocious and I even enjoy the company of the 'smart-alec' kids that annoy everyone else. Sorry to all the late talkers out there, but children who are non-verbal and screaming well into toddlerhood and childhood annoy me more than crying babies do. I don't hate them though, because they can't help it.

I'm scared of teenagers, even though I was one of them 6 years ago. Maybe because I'm not that old, I don't feel sufficiently superior to a teenager to shrug it off when they are rude to me.