I dont like babies. Any one feel the same??

Page 1 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Kaelynn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Sep 2011, 7:10 pm

I really dont like kids but mostly babies. I really hate them. They are loud and smelly and gross! And they always give me these odd looks. My boyfriend loves them but I dont know why. Any one else not like babies and kids??

indigo-oak
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Sep 2011, 7:12 pm

Don't think I do, defiantly don't feel maternal. If there is a baby around I won't go near it, I look from a distance. Kinda lucky as I don't think my partner wants another child. He has one with his ex.

Hearing kids scream/play makes me want to hide where I can't hear them.

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 7:35 pm

I dislike being around babies and am generally uncomfortable around anyone under 13, but I don't hate them.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 7:43 pm

I like babies. I just don't like the idea of cleaning their diapers. I usually get along with them because I can play with the Tonka Truck and not be told I'm doing it wrong. They like me because I'm a big kid who also likes to play with Tonka Trucks. (I don't actually own any Tonka Trucks, but they are fun to play with if I see some)

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 7:59 pm

I like babies. They look like little Buddhas.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

09 Sep 2011, 8:02 pm

I like children and I can handle taking care of a baby (feeding, changing diapers) and I have taken care of my sister's children when they were very young and my sister was not in good shape to handle them herself.

I hate the noise when they scream, though. I can't cope with it, and the worst time (sensory-wise) in my life was when a child who screamed all the time lived under the same roof for two months. My functioning dropped to minimal levels and I sometimes had multiple shutdowns in a single day.

Ellytoad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Sep 2011, 8:17 pm

I like small kids well enough, sans shrieking, but babies don't impress me.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 8:22 pm

Kaelynn wrote:
I really dont like kids but mostly babies. I really hate them. They are loud and smelly and gross! And they always give me these odd looks. My boyfriend loves them but I dont know why. Any one else not like babies and kids??

You were a baby once.

Honestly though, while I used to not have much of an interest in them, I now find them rather interesting. Primarily I find the concept of human neurological development interesting, and the bulk of this takes place during the first year of life.

I find it interesting how the brain starts to wire itself for language before one is born, week old infants can detect pattern differences between their soon to be native language and other languages. I find it interesting that new borns don't have clear vision because the cells in the vision center in their brain have not fully differentiated yet, and I also find it interesting that humans have such a shallow learning curve early in their life compared to other animals. I believe this is a testament to the complexity of the human brain.

In addition, I think it's interesting how everything babies do other than eat, sleep, and void waste, can be seen as the manifestations of a configuration program....a hard wired set of instructions...a bios of sorts that is responsible for programming the rest of the brain. Everything from their movements to their babble serves a purpose.

And most of all, I find the development of consciousness interesting. There is no question a newborn is a conscious individual but at what point does this baby acquire a level of consciousness that rivals that of an adult?

Yes, very interesting indeed.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 8:43 pm

Babies have always repulsed me...even as a young child. They are NOT cute. They are butt ugly. I've always hated babies. Human babies at least. They are loud and dirty as well. I'll take my baby lizards and meerkats instead thank you. I have a family that is very pro life. I'm not sure where I stand upon it becuase it's just another baby that's going to grow up.

nikki15
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Sep 2011, 9:04 pm

I like babies. They're cute. But when they start crying, I go into "overload mode" & get scared because I don't know how to make them happy.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 9:14 pm

I am suspicious of babies. They are here to replace us!

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 9:27 pm

shrox wrote:

That is essentially their purpose, yes.

@Chronos: That's all very interesting, but they're still meltdown timebombs waiting to go off without warning. :x

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 9:56 pm

Lecks wrote:
shrox wrote:

That is essentially their purpose, yes...

They literally want to take your life! Aren't you frightened?! They are all little Stewie Griffins!! !

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 9:57 pm

I love babies and I think that they're God's precious gift to human kind. :)

Whosinabunker
Toucan
Toucan

09 Sep 2011, 10:18 pm

I think they taste good, I don't know what you are talking abou...OHHHHH THAT'S WHAT YOU... Yeah, I'm fine with them, they can get annoying sometimes =D

SakeGirl
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Sep 2011, 10:18 pm

I'm not keen on them.

I think the only baby I've ever held was my oldest niece, who's now twelve, and that was pretty weird.

I turned down holding someone's kid a few months ago, but I managed to explain that I just feel uncomfortable with them and they were OK with it - the mum even turned around and said that she used to feel the same way.