Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

AbleBaker
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Sep 2011, 12:50 am

2/3 of my actual age (I'm in my fifties) would be extraordinarily generous for me. I feel like I'm faking when I have to deal with "real" grown-ups; I don't feel I've grown up at all.

mycats
Raven
Raven

13 Sep 2011, 1:38 am

I wonder if I have any aspects that could be more common for an Autism diagnosis rather than an Aspergers diagnosis. I may appear to be more immature than some Aspergians. This characteristic makes me relate to a classic Autism diagnosis.

Whatever this condition is, it is like comparing it to the change from baby teeth to adult teeth. There is a difference between how a child perceives the word and how an adult percieves things. I think children are more aware, and adults tend to be more numb and dead.

I don't think my brain went through the typical change that usually happens at puberty. Intelligence increases as I learn more. Some core non-cognative brain functions, doesn't seem to progress. I think my body language appears to people to be as a child. My speech pattern doesn't command repect. My persona appears to be childlike.

I'm still struggling with the discrimination from being allowed to attend college and get a bachelors degree. The next time I apply to college I am going to specifically say in the application, I want to major in psychology and write a thesis on the effects of child abuse on Autisics. Universities really hate people who think differently who want to mess up the order of things that shifts the balance where different thinkers will be empowered.

OrangeWolfie
Raven
Raven

Location: South-East England, UK, Europe, Planet Earth, The Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe :P

13 Sep 2011, 2:03 am

Wow this is a really interesting post!

I'm only 17, but I always feel like I'm in the state of mind of a 7 or 8 year old. I seem to be constantly switching between being a 17 year old state of mind, but then suddenly, I go 7 year old, and wanna watch little kiddy films, and I tune out of everything because I don't find it interesting. When I'm in my 17 year old state of mind, I try to be more sociable and such, as it would be expected of a normal teenager, I try to talk more, and I try to understand people (although I always get tired/upset/concentrating/angry mixed up)

When I was 12 I always thought like I'd been held back mentaly or something, all the other girls like make-up and all they did was talk to each other in class. Me? I ignored pretty much everything apart from the teacher, the work I was supposed to do, and all my drawings and doodles that covered every space available. I had (and still have) no interest in make up, but still, I always felt like my head was a few years back from what my real age is..

Christopherwillson
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2011, 9:33 pm

i always described this as having the brain of an adult, which got confirmed by everyone around me so i just accepted it, tho i'm very childish and just take the adult part i like and become my little kid again since i've never really acted as a kid in the years i had to.

Aspie score: 182-200

Don't know what to say.