Page 6 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

AlanTuring
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Sep 2011, 10:15 pm

ci wrote:
You tried to use this same issue to force me to choose a side. Is it unreasonable that I understand why you demand I take position on the matter? You were forcing it on me just the same as your perspective forces a choice not to be made by parents to be. This is the tactic of anti-cure autism pride. It's the tactic you have used well and the tactic of autism pride when it doesn't get it's way and when even people with autism challenge the views make it out to be unreasonable and ask for an apology. No one here including I deserves an apology but instead should see the political behavior in context as able to be questioned. The idea of sperm is a mature idea of reproductive substances in context to the deli-ma presented and that you demanded I take a side on. No one should demand an apology from me with the now open political manipulations of this subject. I will not submit to political pride and will never even if it results in further threats. I am confident in overcoming these such kinds of manipulations toward my self-esteem, others self-esteems and the control tactics used in politics to garnish appeal to getting ones way.

I don't care what your feelings are on any subject.

I don't care if you express a preference for one thing or another, or if you remain silent on a subject.

I want you to stop attacking people, putting words in our mouths, twisting what we say, and making things up.

I want you to stop turning every discussion into a discussion on your obsessive and tiresome topics. We have heard so much of this stuff and it needs to end.

Let us talk about other things. There is a whole world out there, and it would be wonderful to talk about it.

Quit trying to dominate every single discussion.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2011, 10:21 pm

Mr. Allan you brought up the subject toward me. You demanded I take a side. Now you retract from that. Putting me down by calling me obsessed and so on is just a little out of place. Please keep the conversation civil and I will certainly do the same for you.

Calling people with autism obsessed and discounting their interests and concerns while using that stereotype is rude. No I don't want your apology as a person with autism. I want your respect to allow me to think for myself and not be forced to take a side. You have granted my ability to think for myself without pressure and I appreciate that but the low blow obsesso remark is a personal attack not allowed on the forum.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

AlanTuring
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Sep 2011, 10:28 pm

ci wrote:
Mr. Allan you brought up the subject toward me. You demanding I take a side. Now you retract from that. Putting me down by calling me obsessed and so on is just a little out of place. Please keep the conversation civil and I will certainly do the same for you.

Calling people with autism obsessed and discounting their interests and concerns while using that stereotype is rude. No I don't want your apology as a person with autism. I want your respect to allow me to think for myself and not be forced to take a side. You have granted my ability to think for myself without pressure and I appreciate that but the low blow obsesso remark is a personal attack now allowed on the forum.

Leave out the word 'obsessive' if that makes you feel any better - 'tiresome' conveys enough. I think you know precisely what I mean but hope to engage in wordplay to distract from the real issues at hand.

What I want is a significant change for the better in your behavior on this forum.

The possibility of earning my respect was lost a long time ago.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2011, 10:44 pm

I don't agree with you that does not mean respect in a mutual way should not be made available as a common courtesy. These issues however are very much tied to mainstream politics. They are important issues I believe because some people truly believe they are hated. When people push the issues on others it seems to further seed this but yet everyone has the right to speak. Having been confronted with the issues in an entirely non-relevant advocacy and seeing them on T.V (YouTube news clips as well) it seems very real. It's unfortunate this issue has created so much unhappiness but these issues do not seem to create progress in the quality of lives of others.

Whether people are gay, non-sexual, have pride in how they have overcome in life and so on I do not see how overcoming has to do with these issues. This topic was about autism speaks and people voting. I have never voted but I would like to vote this time. I am going to vote for individuals that respect choice even when they disagree. that's democrats but other times I like republicans. Even a democrat allowed a anti-eugenics group to speak and that is the kind of diversity I appreciate. Yet those who want nothing to do with those politics and the hurt feelings it creates effecting outlooks on other issues such as persuasions for support funding instead of research would like to just do their own thing.

If I may say you are as well just as interested as I am ultimately disinterested in the subject other then my sorting through the mess that keeps on manifesting before my eyes even by you.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

Zeraeph
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 5:40 am

AlanTuring wrote:
Apologise and quit talking garbage.

I think that says it in a nutshell ci.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 6:58 am

Another thread locked because it has descended into a useless slanging match.