Did you notice any changes in your early to mid twenties?

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Charges
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Mar 2013, 1:52 am

I am 20 and almost 21 and, if anything, I have gotten somewhat better...sort of. I have become remarkably more flexible over the past several months and went on my first true date (which became a second and then a third one) a couple of weeks ago. Not long before that, the idea of breaking my food routine and eating out was completely out of the question. Still terrified that he might try to touch me/be affectionate, but that's another story.

At the same time, I have caught myself becoming a lot less concerned about my presentability/appearance, to the point that it almost scares me. I hardly wear jeans anymore..just sweat/yoga pants, and cannot stand layered clothing. At age 13, I actually wore a little makeup and dressed decently. Now I don't do any of that, and people have had to tell me that certain old shirts, too-short sweatpants, etc. are no longer suitable for wearing. It feels kind of pathetic.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

29 Mar 2013, 6:34 am

I do feel like I am just hitting my teenage years at age 26.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 1:27 pm

I feel like I'm way behind my developmental level now, at least 8 years, maybe 12. It's more noticeable as an adult when everyone else around you is acting like a real grownup. =(

briankelley
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 1:28 pm

At the age of 45 I developed sudden onset acute tinnitus. I had to retrain my brain using a method called habituation to cope with it. It worked. I've used this approach to alter other things neurologically. The mind over matter principle has worked for me. My brain is fully developed, just like my house if fully built... but that doesn't mean I can't make alterations.