Looking for a REAL woman who doesn't turn me down!

Page 3 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 7:05 am

Ardent_Eccentric wrote:
I did match.com a bit while back and my profile was actually quite successful. The thing with match is its geared toward professionals though. I met many girls, but i had little time for dating during the week days and weekends considering i worked 90 hour weeks. So dating was just a scheduling nightmare for me. Even though i was quite depressed as hell i still maintained a good atitude in my profile info, and i basically did not try to sound needy and desperate.

Actually this below is a small sample of my profile description from match. It actually had girls emailing me first and not the other way around.

looking for long term best friend so when the passion fades theres something to take its place.

I like to describe myself with redundantly using the word I. I’m usually concise and straightforward but at times I babble incoherently. No just kidding, I always babble incoherently.

I listen to NPR on the radio frequently; I still read the news paper every day, even though I can get the same news off my computer. I suppose I’m nostalgic : )

you’ll also typically find me reading something. I also paint, draw, and do photography. I’m more of an artist than anything, but I’m currently working a job with an engineering firm.

My favorite color is green, but but not shag carpet avocado green. Shag carpet avocado green reminds me of vomit.

you had me until the word vomit lol, but that's just a personal preference. it's a *very* good profile.

SadAspy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 10:23 am

hale bopp wrote:
Is that all? Also how do you expect to meet anyone if you never bother to go out? What do you expect? It to start raining desperate ladies? :?

I've tried meeting them at college, grad school, jobs, church, networking meet-ups, bars, nightclubs, and of course, the internet, but I'm sure you'll say those are all bad places to meet women. Yeah, every PLACE is a bad place to meet women when you're as unattractive as me.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 10:40 am

SadAspy wrote:
hale bopp wrote:
Is that all? Also how do you expect to meet anyone if you never bother to go out? What do you expect? It to start raining desperate ladies? :?

I've tried meeting them at college, grad school, jobs, church, networking meet-ups, bars, nightclubs, and of course, the internet, but I'm sure you'll say those are all bad places to meet women. Yeah, every PLACE is a bad place to meet women when you're as unattractive as me.

What jobs? What church? How many girls your age were at these things? Night clubs and the internet are write offs for anyone who isn't 6 foot 5 and ripped.

Have you not gone to hobby clubs. Did you actually enjoy doing any of these things? What do you do for fun?

SadAspy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 11:07 am

hale_bopp wrote:
What jobs? What church? How many girls your age were at these things?

Lots.

Quote:
Night clubs and the internet are write offs for anyone who isn't 6 foot 5 and ripped.

I'm 6'2"...doesn't help. Yeah, I know you said ripped too (though I'm not fat either), but I'm just rebutting the common myth that height can help guys out.

Quote:
Have you not gone to hobby clubs. Did you actually enjoy doing any of these things? What do you do for fun?

You're proving my point that nothing I could do will work. You will just say I am doing the wrong thing. Hobby clubs? Like what? I hate sports.

Why should I make any effort to improve myself when women never do the same for me? And supposedly I'm the one who's entitled? LOL...

Last edited by SadAspy on 14 Sep 2011, 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 11:08 am

I just want to be a real boy.

Where's the fairy?

Fullofstars
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 11:29 am

SadAspy is sad.

You just rebuffed a woman who was trying to help you by telling her that women
never go out of there way for you. Did I just feel a fluctuation in the space/irony continuum?
I don't want to attack you, but having read this thread I feel like you're going to take everything as an attack or a lie. Oh well, here goes, anyway:
Has it ever occurred to you that you find more geek- friendly women on the Internet because the Internet is a more geek-friendly place than, say... anywhereotherthantheinternet? It's a fantastic resource for misfits. Appreciate it and use it to your advantage rather than mistrusting it, please?

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 11:34 am

SadAspy wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

Lots.

Quote:
Night clubs and the internet are write offs for anyone who isn't 6 foot 5 and ripped.

I'm 6'2"...doesn't help. Yeah, I know you said ripped too (though I'm not fat either), but I'm just rebutting the common myth that height can help guys out.

Quote:

You're proving my point that nothing I could do will work. You will just say I am doing the wrong thing. Hobby clubs? Like what? I hate sports.

Why should I make any effort to improve myself when women never do the same for me? And supposedly I'm the one who's entitled? LOL...

ok, so if you truly think it is hopeless... what would you like to do about that, or what do you expect from other people?

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 11:35 am

lol i swear eveeery thread i go into ends up this way.

Fullofstars
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 11:46 am

2: I don't know you obviously, so I don't know what your social life is like. Maybe you know hundreds of people and you all sit around talking about the most personal aspects of your selves all the time. That would be highly unusual for anyone, aspy or not. But that's exactly what you get on a forum like this. So you have a high volume of personal interaction here that yourenot going to get at the coffee house. Go sit at the coffee house. Watch 100 girls come and leave. How do you know that none of them are geek-friendly? You don't. And as an aspy you probably have a particular disadvantage in reading body language. Has it ever occurred to you that there ARE wen who are interested in you, and you just aren't getting the signals? This is the situation I find mysf in, now. It's what brought me to WP. I have a painful crush on an aspy and I have no idea how to handle it, since he just. isn't. getting. the signals. No. He is not conventionally handsome, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Hes not rich or "alpha" (he lives with his parents and drives a modest, older car. But I find him absolutely fascinating and delightful. A lot of that has to do with his enthusiasm and energy. If he was a bitter sad sack who moped around bad mouthing women, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near him.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 12:15 pm

Fullofstars wrote:
the space/irony continuum

Heh, I love that. I mean no disrespect to anyone, that just cracked my s*** up. :lol:

SadAspy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 7:43 pm

Fullofstars wrote:
Has it ever occurred to you that you find more geek- friendly women on the Internet because the Internet is a more geek-friendly place than, say... anywhereotherthantheinternet? It's a fantastic resource for misfits. Appreciate it and use it to your advantage rather than mistrusting it, please?

Yeah, I realize that, but women on the internet pretty much just give me the same harsh rejections as real-life women, so I don't see why they're really any different, even though they insist they are.

hyperlexian wrote:
ok, so if you truly think it is hopeless... what would you like to do about that, or what do you expect from other people?

If I answer the question truthfully, you'll have baited me into saying something you construe as sexist. Then you'll give me another warning and threaten to ban me.

Fullofstars wrote:
Has it ever occurred to you that there ARE wen who are interested in you, and you just aren't getting the signals?

I've acted on what I thought were signals before....yep, you guessed it...got rejected.

MountZion
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Sep 2011, 8:01 pm

SadAspy wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

Lots.

Quote:

Quote:

That right there is really and truly sad. If you don't see the point of improving yourself, not even for your own sake, then you my friend are truly lost. I always make posts trying to help you and the other guy (mr20), as I understand your position of feeling hopeless, and share the tips that helped me overcome being hopeless and helpless, and yet you always say the same thing.

Stop caring so much. Let go of some of that anger. I think you and MR20 should take up a Martial Art, something like Wing Chun. That will help get some of that bitterness away and exercise some of that anger that you have. I'm not shaming you, I'm trying to help you. Please heed the advice given, we are only doing it for your benefit, not to make you worse.

Best things I ever did to help myself out of feeling hopeless were

1. GET SOCIAL - I learned how to be more social, I talked to people more, had conversations for the sake of them, I learned how to be funny, charismatic, even flirty at times. You can learn all of these things, there are resources at your disposal. It is hard, and there will at times be rejections, but you gotta learn to roll with the punches like a boxer and come back with a flurry of your own.

2. GET A PURPOSE - Well, I always had one, which was being a musician. But I had hobbies to support being a musician too. I have a life, I know what I want to do. My advice is find the things you want to do in this life and make a go for it, no matter how ridiculous or impossible they may seem.

3. EXPAND YOUR INTERESTS - You say you hate sports - OK, surely there's something else you can do?? Women are everywhere, doing all sorts, and you can never truly expect to get better without putting yourself where they are. Don't worry man, it can all be done, it is definitely not impossble!

I have to stop typing, I have a pinched nerve in my neck, it is very painful and feels like death. But I decided I had to post again to let you and the other guy MR20 know that it is not beyond you, I really wish you would understand this. It wasn't for me, so I refuse to believe it is for any of you :D

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 8:32 pm

Get off your arse and excersise is another piece of advice I would like to enforce. I agree with the above poster. You don't have to like "sports" but that's no excuse not to excersise. It's great for your health and mood.

Quote:

Height can help guys out. It doesn't always, but it can. You have more of a chance now than you would if you were 5 foot nothing.

What do you WANT from people on this forum? Why are you here? You don't want advice. The fact you have no desire to improve yourself for your own sake says it all. Enjoy being bitter and lonely forever.

SadAspy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 8:54 pm

I do exercise...I run. What...I gotta lift weights too? Guess you're just admitting how important looks are.

hale bopp wrote:
What do you WANT from people on this forum?

Again, if I answered the question, I would get flagged for sexism. Nice trap.

I'll try to put it nicely...I want to offer support to men, who like me, have been treated badly by women.

Last edited by SadAspy on 14 Sep 2011, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 8:55 pm

SadAspy wrote:
I do exercise...I run. What...I gotta lift weights too? Guess you're just admitting how important looks are.

I never said anything about looks!

Also, your problem is with yourself, not with women. You expect way too much. I can't take much more of this, You're completely poisoning the board with your deluded views.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 9:17 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
SadAspy wrote:

I never said anything about looks!

Also, your problem is with yourself, not with women. You expect way too much. I can't take much more of this, You're completely poisoning the board with your deluded views.

actually, i agree. so your purpose is the insult women in the hopes warning other men... well, there is a male autism board where you can post misogynistic ideas to your hearts' content.

hale_bopp has been patient and kind to you, and you have treated her very shoddily. i think this says a lot more than you intend.