Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 10:28 pm

I think any board appointed to advise on disability issues should stick to their mission, and not start drafting laws, changes to laws, which would redirect funding to their personal organization.

As for genetics, like other possible causes, it was an understudied grey area. A lot of progress has been made in just the last few years, that show there is no simple answer for autism, and yes, we are related to neanderthal, and others.

As neither the Board or ASAN has anything to do with research, they are not qualified to speak about it. Questioning what it might be used for is also outside their knowledge. They should stick to issues affecting the living disabled, their mission.

What they wish to abolish, funding for genetic and other study, is not advisable for The Department of Defense has funded the largest studies of autistic DNA. If there is a differance of thought and perception that thinks outside the box and gets some big hits, they want to know all about it.

It is not hard to figure out that most inventors are autistic, so are a lot of the Patent Office. The lab people in weapons development, a friend who was in intelligence was assigned a translator, they knew he thought differently, he has a Doctorate in High Energy Physics, his observations were correct, but he was not easy for the people running the program to understand.

The Department of Defense tries very hard to get things right.

There are people at the CDC who study current evolution. We are changing, and while there is a general trend upward, some sectors are sinking, and the Government does have to plan ahead. Autism Speaks gets their numbers from the CDC.

It is not just one research grant that could be redirected to autistic adults, it is a long standing and ongoing program involving a good deal of the government. Autism Research is a $600 toilet seat.

Besides on planet problems where we could be useful, consider meeting aliens. They share none of your cultural background, do not understand the secrets of eye contact, body language, so who would be best at contact?

Autistics are narrow bandwidth people, with focused perceptions, who would not bring a lot of useless extras to the talks.

Consider wanting to develop a national DNA data base. We have inflicted it on felons, but how would you collect broad samples with consent, and no idea about actual use? Autism Speaks rose as fast as Air America.

So some little Board that is just to shut the riff raff up and advise on what color blue to paint the handicapped parking spaces, has an activist calling the program genocide? Now he wants to rewrite a key part of the big program and abolish it?

Also that program has moved beyond genetics, into behavior modification, just like TV and Politics, Herd Management, stopping riots before they start, and adjusting people to live like the government thinks they should.

The optional War on Terror, has put a Military Police Force in the streets, makes people consent to be searched before boarding a plane, taps their phones without warrent, and has created a state of fear. War on Terror has been to make the Citizens submit to Big Brother.

During the thirties with this much loss and unemployment, there were armies of unemployed organizing, marching on Washington, but now anyone who does not agree with the government must be a terrorist. Any anti government group is the job of Homeland Security.

When the food riots start insurgents will be shot down in the streets. All of the parts of Martial Law are in place. Elections will be delayed during the period of emergency. They have been training people in urban warfare for ten years in Iraq and Afganistan. There are no jobs to come home to.

So I would have to support Ari in his exposing this, and demanding that the government spend all the money supporting the needs of the Citizens.

His directions and demands to Congress will not go unnoticed. Someone has to expose their mass genocide plan, and Ari is the best person I can think of for the job. He and everyone on his mailing list will be remembered as Martyrs for the cause of Freedom.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 11:22 pm

Fnord wrote:
For the record, the Congressional Representative for Humboldt County is Mike Thompson (link). Here is his contact information (another link).

He seems to have been in Washington, D.C. for the past week... :?

He stated he spoke to the Congressman's office. Even if the congressman was in his office in the last week, I doubt the congressman, personally takes many calls from the general public. He probably spoke with an aide. I suspect it's not the first time he called the office about a concern related to disability.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 11:24 pm

I usually speak to people, not offices...

:lol:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2011, 1:01 am

Fnord wrote:
I usually speak to people, not offices...

:lol:

Trying to think of an example when I told somone I personally spoke to an office before, and I think at one point in time I did tell someone I talked to the DOD Office of Personnel Management about an issue, because I couldn't remember the individuals name or position that I spoke with, at the time I made the statement.

I had written the name down though, as I usually did in official correspondence. No one asked me for details on whom I spoke with at the office, so I didn't have to call my wife to retrieve the information for me.

The communication information I provided was not specific, but I doubt anyone thought I talked to the Director of the Office of Personnel Management when I made that statement. :wink:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2011, 9:04 am

Just as I doubt that the OP spoke to any congress-member at the time and place that he said he did.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2011, 12:46 pm

Fnord wrote:
Just as I doubt that the OP spoke to any congress-member at the time and place that he said he did.

This is specifically what he stated:

Quote:
I was able to speak to my congressman office today

He didn't state he spoke to any congress member in this statement, only the "congressman office" I'm not seeing any suggestion by him that he spoke directly to any congress member. If I have over overlooked another statement that suggests he did state he spoke to any congress member, please bring it to my attention.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2011, 1:04 pm

Well, seems it is not just I who will invest many posts in to getting to the root of things. I cannot, at this time, proclaim that ci did not talk to his congressman's office if I don't have evidence to the contrary.